[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Fishing"

detlef

I think people sometimes pretend they were "fishing" when it becomes obvious their point is stupid...  

39 members have voted

1. 1. How often do think this happens?

• Nearly always. Too many guys with stupid ideas and not enough balls to stand by their statements
    • About 50-50
    • Rarely, we're a baiting group of misfits who thrive on hooking naive and passionate huddlers
    • Puddy
  2. 2. Should the huddle require a license? H8? Can you help out here?

• yes
    • no
    • puddy

I'm not going to call out anyone in particular here but it seems to happen pretty often. Some dude makes a stupid comment and then somebody calls them on it. It goes back and forth for a bit and then, when the guy who started it is painted into a corner, he plays the :D card. Now, I'm not doubting the fact that we do have some crafty fishermen amongst us, but I doubt it's as many as there are guys who make this claim. :D

I've had this happen in arguments I was in but certainly seen it happen in plenty that I was just :wacko:

I hope this is a fishing attempt.

I certainly lobbed you guys a softball with this one.

Of course, it's sort of like the huddle equivalent of hanging out with some friends and the same guy who always says stupid chit says something, well, stupid. After everyone bags on him, he might say, "Oh, c'mon, I was only joking. I can't believe how gullible you guys are. You don't really think I believe that." You just shake your head and say, "Gee, I guess you got me there"

Edited by detlef

But I agree .... very often somebody will post something, get slammed for it, see no way out .... and then "claim" he was fishing. I can recall one thread where TOS went on and on defending his actions as a commissioner only to weakly exclaim that he was on a fishing expedition when it was clear to all he was taking a beating and was looking for an out.

LOL We have a couple of Pro Fishermen here and that is about it. The rest are either amateurs, first timers, or, as you say, caught being dumb.

Sky I respect you and all but sometimes you throw out such bullchit posts like this its ridiculous

Most of my posts are stupid... only occassionally do I actually try to go fishing, and when I do I think that it is obvious (at least it is to me). :D

With Savage, it's often difficult to tell the difference between his fake stupid and his real stupid.

I rarely fish. And while I am frequently guilty of being elitist prick, at least I take ownership for the things I say. I can't recall ever trying to use "fishing" as an excuse for one of my moronic utterances.

If I had known that I was in a league with an elitist prick I never would have joined. I only join leagues with smart asses. No wait...we are good there as well Yo. :D

Edited by ksu70

I am a subpar fisherman and have spent plenty of time in the live well searching for a way out. :D

If I had known that I was in a league with an elitist prick I never would have joined. I only join leagues with smart asses. No wait...we are good there as well Yo. :D

Aren't golf pros, by definition, elitist pricks?