[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Koren Robinson in Rehab

Swampnuts

Sounds like Koren Robinson has entered a 30 day alcohol rehab program, and according to him he plans on playing this year. He said the league has told him he will not be suspended, and his agent is having contact with teams.

This is interesting, because if he's clear to play you know somebody's going to put him on the roster. Even if he is a knucklehead, he's too good to be unemployed.

Sounds like Koren Robinson has entered a 30 day alcohol rehab program, and according to him he plans on playing this year.  He said the league has told him he will not be suspended, and his agent is having contact with teams. 

This is interesting, because if he's clear to play you know somebody's going to put him on the roster. Even if he is a knucklehead, he's too good to be unemployed.

904120[/snapback]

yea heard this on the radio this am. wonering if they will teach him how to catch the ball in rehab also. :D:D

No doubt alcohol impacted his ability.

If he cleans up, he could be a real nice find for some team.

If Vermeil was sticking around more than just this season, I could see him as the kind of coach that would take a chance on him, and, goodness knows, KC could use some more talent at WR.

That said, I'd be a bit surprised to see him in KC.

Lets just hope they can cure him from dropping passes that hit him in the hands...

904133[/snapback]

I thought when reading the title it was that kind of rehab. :D

Hope he does get healthy. I hope everyone does. It is a nasty habit.

No doubt alcohol impacted his ability.

If he cleans up, he could be a real nice find for some team.

If Vermeil was sticking around more than just this season, I could see him as the kind of coach that would take a chance on him, and, goodness knows, KC could use some more talent at WR.

That said, I'd be a bit surprised to see him in KC.

905081[/snapback]

I thought the same thing. This story just reeks of Vermeil taking a chance on a hard luck guy.

I know the guy personally, so I feel bad about talking of him in this way, but Koren has as big of an alcohol problem as anyone I've ever known. I thought I was bad. At one point during his four-game suspension, he was at a pub in Kirkland at least 25 times. At least 20 different girls. HAMMERED. Every time. He's a really nice guy, kinda earthy and hippyish. My theory is he's kinda shy and nervous and found out that liquor loosens him up and puts him in a better mood, then figured he had enough money to afford going out all the time. This is why I think he can rebound from this. He's gonna figure out half-way through rehab what kind of god-given opportunity he is pissing away, get embarrassed about his career, and will become determined to grow into a man that he can be proud of. I think his best chance to recover is if nobody signs him and he has to take a year off to think about it. If somebody offers him money pretty soon and tells him he's the man again, he may fall into Vin Baker/Shawn Kemp territory of being unrevivable.

Edited by Seahawks21

I know the guy personally, so I feel bad about talking of him in this way, but Koren has as big of an alcohol problem as anyone I've ever known.  I thought I was bad.  At one point during his four-game suspension, he was at a pub in Kirkland at least 25 times.  At least 20 different girls.  HAMMERED.  Every time.  He's a really nice guy, kinda earthy and hippyish.  My theory is he's kinda shy and nervous and found out that liquor loosens him up and puts him in a better mood, then figured he had enough money to afford going out all the time.  This is why I think he can rebound from this.  He's gonna figure out half-way through rehab what kind of god-given opportunity he is pissing away, get embarrassed about his career, and will become determined to grow into a man that he can be proud of.  I think his best chance to recover is if nobody signs him and he has to take a year off to think about it.  If somebody offers him money pretty soon and tells him he's the man again, he may fall into Vin Baker/Shawn Kemp territory of being unrevivable.

907349[/snapback]

Great insight Hawk, Thanks!!!

The bottom is hard to find, but he'll know it when he sees it.

Edited by Turf Smurf

He's gonna figure out half-way through rehab what kind of god-given opportunity he is pissing away, get embarrassed about his career, and will become determined to grow into a man that he can be proud of. 

907349[/snapback]

I sure hope so. Well said.

I thought the same thing. This story just reeks of Vermeil taking a chance on a hard luck guy.

907205[/snapback]

FWIW, an acquaintence of mine mentioned that someone on local sports talk asked Vermeil if this was his last year, and he said it very well may not be, sorta depends on how this year goes.

I was pretty surprised at this, if true.

Why wasn't he suspended for his latest mishaps?  Seems a little arbitrary given how closely they watch substance abuse nowadays.

907664[/snapback]

He was suspended. For like 5 weeks. And he had to sit out of a game for missing practice.

I know the guy personally, so I feel bad about talking of him in this way, but Koren has as big of an alcohol problem as anyone I've ever known.  I thought I was bad.  At one point during his four-game suspension, he was at a pub in Kirkland at least 25 times.  At least 20 different girls.  HAMMERED.  Every time.  He's a really nice guy, kinda earthy and hippyish.  My theory is he's kinda shy and nervous and found out that liquor loosens him up and puts him in a better mood, then figured he had enough money to afford going out all the time.  This is why I think he can rebound from this.  He's gonna figure out half-way through rehab what kind of god-given opportunity he is pissing away, get embarrassed about his career, and will become determined to grow into a man that he can be proud of.  I think his best chance to recover is if nobody signs him and he has to take a year off to think about it.  If somebody offers him money pretty soon and tells him he's the man again, he may fall into Vin Baker/Shawn Kemp territory of being unrevivable.

907349[/snapback]

Which Pub in Kirkland?

I live about 2 blocks from having a Kirkland address.