[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most notable cuts...

DMD

So far:

CLE RB Sultan McCullough

DAL RB Eric Bickerstaff

DEN RB Quentin Griffin

DEN Triandos Luke

KC WR Craphhonso Thorpe

NE WR David Terrell

NE TE Jed Weaver

NYG RB Mike Cloud

QB NYG Jesse "the Bachelor" Palmer

PHI DE Hugh Douglas

SEA WR Jerome Pathon

SEA WR Bobby Shaw

MIA RB Lamar Gordon

OAK TE Teyo Johnson

So far:

CLE RB Sultan McCullough

DAL RB Eric Bickerstaff

DEN RB Quentin Griffin

DEN Triandos Luke

KC WR Craphhonso Thorpe

NE WR David Terrell

NE TE Jed Weaver

NYG RB Mike Cloud

QB NYG Jesse "the Bachelor" Palmer

PHI DE Hugh Douglas

SEA WR Jerome Pathon

965822[/snapback]

I am wondering if Thorpe will end up on KC's practice squad. The kid seemed to have some potential.

among the broncos cuts i was most surprised to see mario fatafehi go, he was a big part of their d-line last year. a guy with a great motor and some good pass rushing skills.

griffin? little bit of a surprise, but not too much. dayne looked better than him all camp long. i knew Q was basically the 4th back and not likely to see any playing time all year, but i guess i figured he'd make the roster. but they only kept 3 tailbacks, in order to keep wesley duke (a raw 4th TE with upside) and a 3rd kicker.

I'm a bit surprised that Terrell didn't make the Patriots, given that the media here in NE was making a big deal about the fact that he and Brady were successful in Michigan together. But signing Andre Davis was more or less the writing on the wall for Terrell. I can't say I'm terribly disappointed, though; if Belichick's going to turn lead into gold again this season, I'd rather the lead be Davis than Terrell...

Mike "and a" Cloud of dust...shows Coughlin has great expectations of Brandon Jacobs and it should move Jacobs up in the drafts...not alot...but Tiki is getting older...and if you're in a keeper league, better get Jacobs before season starts....got a feeling Jacobs will be a household name by mid-season if not sooner!!! :D

Mike "and a" Cloud of dust...shows Coughlin has great expectations of Brandon Jacobs and it should move Jacobs up in the drafts...not alot...but Tiki is getting older...and if you're in a keeper league, better get Jacobs before season starts....got a feeling Jacobs will be a household name by mid-season if not sooner!!! :D

965960[/snapback]

I hope so, I just got him for $6 in a $1000 dollar auction/dynasty... I have big expectations of him.

I thought the Fujita move to Dallas was interesting......and that they let all the backup safties go.  Hmmmm...

965911[/snapback]

Parcells was concerned with his depth at Outside Linebacker and made the trade to get some experience and depth. Now remember Scott was the leading tackler for KC the last two years. Good move for Dallas.

Dallas will look to add another safety there is no doubt, they only have Davis & Williams.

among the broncos cuts i was most surprised to see mario fatafehi go, he was a big part of their d-line last year.  a guy with a great motor and some good pass rushing skills. 

griffin?  little bit of a surprise, but not too much.  dayne looked better than him all camp long.  i knew Q was basically the 4th back and not likely to see any playing time all year, but i guess i figured he'd make the roster.  but they only kept 3 tailbacks, in order to keep wesley duke (a raw 4th TE with upside) and a 3rd kicker.

965884[/snapback]

No worries! We've got all those awesome DL from Cleveland. :D

I guess I'm rather surprised by the Quentin Griffin cut.  No Clarett or Griffin.  Has to make Bell a little more attractive even with Anderson there.

965829[/snapback]

Absolutely. Glad I picked him up to go with Anderson.

Tennessee cut Jarrett Payton, son of the late great Walter "Sweetness" Payton. I think he had clearly out played Damien Nash all camp long. But Nash was a draft pick and Payton was a rookie fa last year. Still, I was hoping Payton would make it...

Edited by spain

I'm a bit surprised that Terrell didn't make the Patriots, given that the media here in NE was making a big deal about the fact that he and Brady were successful in Michigan together.  But signing Andre Davis was more or less the writing on the wall for Terrell.  I can't say I'm terribly disappointed, though; if Belichick's going to turn lead into gold again this season, I'd rather the lead be Davis than Terrell...

965943[/snapback]

It just shows what a good orginization NE is. It took the Chicago Bears years to figure out that this guy sucks. It took NE one pre-season.

It just shows what a good orginization NE is.  It took the Chicago Bears years to figure out that this guy sucks.  It took NE one pre-season.

966338[/snapback]

NEP want reserves that can play special teams/return kicks, etc ... not Terrell's forte, if he has one. I'll not be surprised if someone else gives him a look ... same with Cloud & Pathon, not so sure about QGriff. Palmer has Arena Football followed by NFL QB coach written all over him.

Tennessee cut Jarrett Payton, son of the late great Walter "Sweetness" Payton.  I think he had clearly out played Damien Nash all camp long.  But Nash was a draft pick and Payton was a rookie fa last year.  Still, I was hoping Payton would make it...

966205[/snapback]

Payton getting cut surprised me as well. I saw him in NFL Europe this spring (yes I actually watch NFL Europe) and he looked really good. Maybe the extra work wore him down.

DE Hugh Douglas

965850[/snapback]

Does ol' Hugh have anyhting left in the tank?

If so, I'd sign the guy and use him in nickle situations. I used to love him when he was a Jet. A little undersized for a DE, but he could get to the passer.

Plus...the "HHHUUUUGGGHHHHHHH!!!!" cheer itself is worth the price of admission.

Not among the last round of cuts, but I was surprised the Jets cut Jonathan Carter eralier in pre-season. A legitimate deep threat and a very good return man. I'd be surprised if he doesn't show up on someone's roster this year.