[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any S. Jackson owners bummed

bushwacked

I stayed away from this guy as a #2 RB for a myriad of reasons. A lot of people were pumped about him before the season started. Don't get me wrong, I think the guy could turn into a reliable fantasy starter if he didn't have Faulk stealing carries, if the Rams D could acutally hold a lead, and if Martz wasn't..........Martz.

The real problem with Jackson is that he doesn't have great hands. That's what made Marshall a good back with the Rams. Even if they weren't rushing the ball all that well, he'd still produce in the passing game. Jackson can't. And Martz isn't smart enough to run the ball consistently. Jackson is a very good back, but having him on your fantasy team will be maddening.

I have SJax adnTJones, and I was trying to trade T. Jones for a receiver, but now SJax is worrying me. Rams are an amazing turnover machine, just a stupid football team. Had a chance to put the game away running Jackson in the 4th quarter yesterday, and a stupid swing pass lateral nearly blows the game, does blow the cover and takes Jackson out of the game for good. Martz is maddening!

Ya, I'm not pleased that's for sure. I could play a third WR instead, but I kep thinking Jackson is the type of back that you should be able to count on for 3-4 receptions, an average of a TD per game, and 100yds -sure seemed like he had those kind of skills.

That's fantasy football for you.

I also thought Kevan Barlow was the shiznik last year too going into the season.

You have chosen to ignore Tony Bats. View this post ? Squeeze me a little harder Tony Bats

It's interesting that you can become a "veteran" after 25 stupid posts.

1021767[/snapback]

It's interesting that you don't act like a vet. You think I have crossed some imaginary line. While on the other hand, you may be completely unaware of any wrongdoing. So, let us start to identify the issues and look towards solving them. Deep breathing has long been identified as an ultimate stress releaser. I find that after a long day of helping the needy, a long deep breath will release any stress I may have . Give it a try; I am sure it will work out for you.

I still like Jackson as a RB2. He will never be a RB1 because of the system and coach (Not like Faulk was since he doesn't have Faulk's receiving skills, and only a couple of backs have those kind of skills).

He will never get the ball 25 plus time a game, they are a pass first system, their DEF won't get a lot of three and outs, they have troubles controlling the ball with a lead... but Jackson has a freakish size/speed combination that makes him a threat to score from anywhere.

Now, if they could find a way to improve the OL, which is going to get Bulger killed, they might have a shot in the NFC West.

I have SJax adnTJones, and I was trying to trade T. Jones for a receiver, but now SJax is worrying me.  Rams are an amazing turnover machine, just a stupid football team.  Had a chance to put the game away running Jackson in the 4th quarter yesterday, and a stupid swing pass lateral nearly blows the game, does blow the cover and takes Jackson out of the game for good.  Martz is maddening!

1021885[/snapback]

I have the same situation in two of my leagues. In one of them, if I had started Jones over SJax in Week 2 and Week 3, I would be 2-1 instead of 1-2. :D:D

The only thing keeping me from hunting down Mike Martz personally is the fact that I have Willie Parker and Tiki Barber. I am royally pi$$ed that I chose to play Jackson over Parker in Week 1... I too would be 2-1 instead of 1-2 if I had used any common sense and knowledge of the STL offense.

1023653[/snapback]

I'm in a similar boat except I would be 3-0 instead of 2-1. Looking at the rest of my roster, I really can't complain though.

Also, it's not like Jackson has been horrible. I think the problem is that everyone thought they were getting a stud when they drafted him after the first fifteen or sixteen backs were off the board. Instead, they got exactly what they drafted: a legit RB2 with upside and the potential for some big games. Personally, I'd be a lot more upset if I had drafted Curtis Martin, Ahman Green, Jamal Lewis, Clinton Portis, Dominick Davis or Kevin Jones instead of Jackson. The fact that all of those backs were already off the board when I drafted Jackson at 2.11 just underscores the point.

I think everyone is forgetting that the last 3 games the Rams have never been in position to actually run the ball. They've been playing catchup most of the time. Against the Cardinals, Jackson was allowed to run but the Rams once again had to rely on the pass and he fell short of his first 100 yard game.

It's all situational, if the opportunity is there then Martz will send more carries his way but if every game pans out like the last three I'd say the Jackson owners are going to be disappointed. Now, Bulger and Holt owners...I'd say you're reaping some hefty dividends.