[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do you hope for injuries if they help your squad?

Cunning Runt

Do you hope a player gets injured if it benefits your fantasy team (ex: you hope Stephen Davis goes down if you have DeShaun Foster)  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hope a player gets injured if it benefits your fantasy team (ex: you hope Stephen Davis goes down if you have DeShaun Foster)

• Yes - If it helps my squad, sure I do
    • No - it's in poor form to wish for injuries because of karma
    • No - it's in poor form to wish for injuries because it's classless

I posted this poll because there seems to be some considerable debate about the issue in the Rodney Harrison thread.

Answer honestly - it's anonymous for crissakes.

For my part, I kind of wanna see if I'm the only heartless mo-fo out there that does indeed want injuries to hit those players that would benefit my fantasy

team(s) to have go down.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if you have any sort of class you don't wish on injury. However, that being said, last night when Champ Bailey went down and I was starting T. Green, Priest and Gonzo, I didnt' really mind.

But guys in my league pray for injuries, and not even the less severe ones. No, they're pulling for severly dislocated shoulder, ripped hammy. I swear, I think if their opposing QB got paralyzed they would be jumping for joy (no pun intended).

I think it's trashy, discrespectful and downright wrong. If a person's health is less important that your fantasy (yes fantasy) team, there's something wrong with you.

I dont hope for injuries to a player to help my fantasy team. I just think its wrong to root for a guy to get hurt..Ive had players not counting fantasy over the years that I absolutley despised but I didnt want see them get hurt..I hate Theisman till this day but got no joy out of seeing LT snap his leg. Same goes for fantasy for me. Will I happily use a backup if a guy gets hurt to help my team ? absolutely..Will I wish for a guy to get injured so I could use his backup ? no

I think most people are selfish and like to win, myself included. Say my fantasy team is down 2 points going into Monday night and my opponent has 1 player left - you're darn right I'm rooting for him to twist an ankle or something to keep him out of the game for that night. Do I wish season or career injury upon him, no. Do I wish a 1-gamer on him, you bet I do, and I think people who say they wouldn't do the same in such a situation are kidding themselves.

And besides, its not like my wishing for injury actually makes it happen. Its going to happen or not regardless of what I want.

And I don't think you have to feel bad when another player gets injured. I certainly didn't wish injury upon Harrison, but he's dished out plenty of injuries in his career to other players, so I don't feel bad for him. Don't tell me fans of NFC playoff teams last year said "oh, that's too bad TO got hurt, I wish he was playing against us this week in the playoffs". I'd bet a vast majority said "good, we have a better shot at beating the Eagles now without him."

If you say so.  :D  :D

Methinks you're kidding yourself.

1025347[/snapback]

I'm serious about this. Wishing bodily harm on someone to help your internet based fantasy game is garbage. I love FF, always have. But it always makes me sick when people root for injury.

Makes me think of when Irvin was getting carted off in Phili, and all of those fat, cheesesteak eating, uneducated "fans" were cheering. No class, which might be a reason why Phili hasn't won anything in how many years?

Edited by Cherni

I'm serious about this. Wishing bodily harm on someone to help your internet based fantasy game is garbage. I love FF, always have. But it always makes me sick when people root for injury.

Makes me think of when Irvin was getting carted off in Phili, and all of those fat, cheesesteak eating, uneducated "fans" were cheering. No class, which might be a reason why Phili hasn't won anything in how many years?

1025426[/snapback]

These are two totally different things. I think that actually standing up and cheering at a live game is in extremely poor taste - but I tell you what, if I was playing the guy that had him or had the #2 Cowboys receiver on my own team, my very first thought would not be "I hope he's ok" - it would be either "good, that'll help my chance of winning this week" or "now throw the ball to Harper" (or whoever it was at the time).

And another thing, while my leagues may be hosted on the internet, they are NOT internet based. They are based among people I know who have real bragging rights and more importantly real $$ on the line.

These are two totally different things. I think that actually standing up and cheering at a live game is in extremely poor taste - but I tell you what, if I was playing the guy that had him or had the #2 Cowboys receiver on my own team, my very first thought would not be "I hope he's ok" - it would be either "good, that'll help my chance of winning this week" or "now throw the ball to Harper" (or whoever it was at the time).

And another thing, while my leagues may be hosted on the internet, they are NOT internet based. They are based among people I know who have real bragging rights and more importantly real $$ on the line.

1025472[/snapback]

I hear you and what I meant by internet based is that you're not physically on the team. You're not suiting up. You're not putting your health on the line. It's a game. It's a serious game with serious financial implications and bragging rights but still a game.

And I don't see any differences between hoping for an injury in front of the tv and cheering for an injury in person. I do hear your point and if you would have read the beginning of my post you would see this:

"I think if you have any sort of class you don't wish on injury. However, that being said, last night when Champ Bailey went down and I was starting T. Green, Priest and Gonzo, I didnt' really mind. "

When Bailey went down, my first thought was, "YES, T. Green is going to explode." My second thought was that I hoped he would only be out for the second half and then be back next week.

yes, and that makes me a bad man

1025524[/snapback]

Bad man? I don't think so. It makes you a bad person. But you're certainly not much of a man if you root for injuries.

Ever spent a week in a hospital bed?

Reconstructive surgery?

Been through physical therapy?

Didn't think so...

Injuries/pain are part of their profession, part of the game they play. They will be just fine, and are well paid for that risk/pain. Thus, if my game is boosted and noone is dead, I am ok with that.

Their injuries would happen even if FF didn't exist. I am not encouraging/hoping for pain upon anyone - But if when those unfortunate injuries do occur, they are in my favor in the fantasy realm, then great.

It's a random element to the game.

Bad man? I don't think so. It makes you a bad person. But you're certainly not much of a man if you root for injuries.

Ever spent a week in a hospital bed?

Reconstructive surgery?

Been through physical therapy?

Didn't think so...

1025601[/snapback]

Yep

Yep and ummm

Yep.

Been rooting for Tice to sustain an injury all season. Bah-Dum-Bum :D

Please, no one who puts up morality polls online can expect honest answers.

Additionally, who gave you the authority to pass judgement on others and proclaim them "bad"? Seems someone has a complex.

Edited by cre8tiff