[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eli Manning

The Stoner

Looks like the Giants made a good trade.

And Eli made the "right" descision. He would have been a hold-out in SD (like Rivers) and now he would be backing up Brees for a second straight year (like Rivers). I don't agree with how they handled it, but it was the right move. . .

In my local, we're only allowed one waiver move a week.

I was sitting at 1-2 and hadn't made a move all year. Drafted Plummer as my #1 and Big Ben as #2, and made a decent move to snag Eli this week.

It paid short term dividends, and I think the sky is the limit with this kid. He's got all the players around him he needs.

He's got a tall receiver with speed, a stud TE, and great RB for the passing game, and Toomer is a vet who can still catch. If the OL holds up for him, he could be a Top 5 QB.

He's going to be a good one.

1039977[/snapback]

Dr. Swerski - as a die hard Cubs fan all I can really say is good luck with your South Siders. They did not 'collapse' - they just couldn't keep pace with a team that had gone 35-8 at one point :D . I like Guillen, and although there is a lot of juvenile hatred between the Cubs and Sox, I for one want them to win it for Chicago.

Beat those BeanTowners!! :D

Dr. Swerski - as a die hard Cubs fan all I can really say is good luck with your South Siders. They did not 'collapse' - they just couldn't keep pace with a team that had gone 35-8 at one point :D . I like Guillen, and although there is a lot of juvenile hatred between the Cubs and Sox, I for one want them to win it for Chicago.

Beat those BeanTowners!! :D

1040159[/snapback]

A Cubs fan rooting for the Sox? :D Don't see much of that these days, and I don't think that ANY Sox fans EVER root for the Cubs.

I love their starting pitching, but am not convinced yet that their lineup is going to score enough runs. But it certainly would be nice for Chicago to at least win a pennant, given that the last one was in 1959. :doah:

Edited by Bill Swerski

A Cubs fan rooting for the Sox?  :D  Don't see much of that these days, and I don't think that ANY Sox fans EVER root for the Cubs.

I love their starting pitching, but am not convinced yet that their lineup is going to score enough runs.  But it certainly would be nice for Chicago to at least win a pennant, given that the last one was in 1959.  :doah:

1040247[/snapback]

Eh - ChiTown needs a winner, as it's been XX years since the Bears did. Plus, my parents were both White Sox fans so I'd be happy for them. They tried to make me one, but it didn't take.

Eh - ChiTown needs a winner, as it's been XX years since the Bears did. Plus, my parents were both White Sox fans so I'd be happy for them. They tried to make me one, but it didn't take.

1040274[/snapback]

I guess the whole Chicago Bulls dynasty must have slipped your mind. What... 6 championships wasn't enough to remember?

I was at the game yesterday. Eli was lights out. This kid is definitely the real deal. Kudos to anyone who drafted him late. I got him in the 17th in my local and started him in my other league (Burress too). It was a good day to be a Giants fan yesterday. Time to take it to Dallas in Week 6!

Did he ever look good. I was stressing out deciding between Eli and Brett. Playing at home, against the pathetic Rams D, and coming off a huge game was enough to pursuade me. Now I can watch MNF without second guessing my decision.

I can see him as a regular in my lineup (crossing my fingers). The Giants look good (real football and fantasy).

As a Giants fan I really like what I'm seeing out of Eli. The Oline is giving him some time. He has actual weapons to throw to now... He's making good decisions and finding open people. The kid's got a big arm and Plaxico sure can go up and get the jump ball. He's faced Ari, NO, SD, and Stl... no real defensive powerhouses in there, but so far so good. I'll be interested to see how he looks against Phi, Dal and Was who are all a level better on the defensive side. The offensive performance is actually better than we could've hoped at this point in his career... The kid only has 10 games under his belt, but he's showing a lot right now.

Does anybody still think playing him for the final 6 games last year was a BAD idea? I know a bunch of people did back then...

Edited by BrooklynCrew

Does anybody still think playing him for the final 6 games last year was a BAD idea?  I know a bunch of people did back then...

1040991[/snapback]

I can't quite remember, but I was one of those guys....I think. :D

The point being the OL was so terrible, the kid was going to get murdered. I don't know how much the line upgraded, but his footwork and pocket presence is amazing.