[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WDIS? RB Quandry

Hugh 0ne

Definitely go with Lamont Jordan and Domanick Davis......I'd keep eye on Chris Brown; read he's missed some practice. If not, he's a great start against Houston D....Of the 3, I'd leave Jones on the bench...

1203274[/snapback]

Exactly what I was thinking. KC has been very tough vs. the run this year. The Broncos are really the only team that has run the ball well on them. Eveyone else has been mediocre or worse, and that includes some decent backs like LT2, Jordan, DD, McGahee, etc. However, anytime there is an injury question swirling around Brown even before the game I get very wary.

Of the choices I would leave Julius on the pine.

Jordan should have a good week, Davis will be fine and Brown is a great start if he's healthy. Better matchups in theother players than that of Jones. Not that he doesn't have a decent matchup as well, just the others are better, IMO.

I'd sit Brown myself. He's banged up and if they do get ahead (which I think they will) Henry could see more carries. Barber has seen only about 11 carries the last two games (I"m not sure of the exact numbers but his carries have been minimal). I think Jones gets a ton of carries vs the Chiefs as Dallas will run the ball a ton to keep KC's Offense off the field. He's been catching more balls out of the backfield the past two weeks as well.

Definitely go with Lamont Jordan and Domanick Davis......I'd keep eye on Chris Brown; read he's missed some practice. If not, he's a great start against Houston D....Of the 3, I'd leave Jones on the bench...

1203274[/snapback]

I agree completely

I'd bench Brown here HUGH. There's been conflicting reports on whether or not he practiced yesterday, but from what I understand he did NOT. Even if he goes today, he obvioulsy isn't near 100%, and consequently it looks like Travis Henry is taking touches away from him again like at the beginning of the season. Henry had 14 touches against the 49ers to Brown's 13, and Henry had 8 touches against Indy to Brown's 12. It's playoff time, and I'd minimize the risk there and avoid the situation entirely since you have such other solid options.

I'd have no hesitation going with Julius Jones here along with Domanick and Jordan. He's had 25 and 32 touches the last two weeks respectively (Marion Barber only had 10 and 2 during that same stretch), and Parcells is talking about Jones stepping it up down the stretch. Here is a blurb from Rotoworld yesterday:

Coach Bill Parcells said yesterday that he is expecting RB Julius Jones to step up his game down the stretch for the Cowboys.

"I said, 'Sometimes you just gotta be your own blocker. And just somehow manage to rip off one of those big runs or a good run where they all see it, all your linemen see it and everybody sees it and it just gets everybody excited. That's what the good ones can do. It might take you two or three games to get that done, but that can provide an impetus to it,'" Parcells said. "And he knows what I'm talking about."

Davis

Jordan

Jones

:D

1203274[/snapback]

What he said.

We all know sometimes Julius will need to be his own blocker.  That sure as hell isn't his fortay.

1203760[/snapback]

It's not so much about exactly what was said to me, but the fact that Parcells is giving him motivational talk, and saying he expects him to step up. When Parcells talks like that, it's usually because he plans on leaning on a guy, and he obviously plans on giving him the carries if he expects him to step up, as is also evidenced by the amount of work Jones and Barber have received the last 2 weeks...it's been almost all Julius with Jones getting over 25 touches both weeks. Conversely, Brown is getting only about 12 carries a game the past 2 weeks, or in other words, HALF the work that Jones has been getting. And he is not healthy. Matchups aside, such disparity in carries make the decision easy to me...no way I'd risk starting Brown here, but that's just me. :D

Edited by Skrappy1

It's not so much about exactly what was said to me, but the fact that Parcells is giving him motivational talk, and saying he expects him to step up. When Parcells talks like that, it's usually because he plans on leaning on a guy, and he obviously plans on giving him the carries if he expects him to step up, as is also evidenced by the amount of work Jones and Barber have received the last 2 weeks...it's been almost all Julius with Jones getting over 25 touches both weeks.  Conversely, Brown is getting only about 12 carries a game the past 2 weeks, or in other words, HALF the work that Jones has been getting.  And he is not healthy. Matchups aside, such disparity in carries make the decision easy to me...no way I'd risk starting Brown here, but that's just me. :D

1203779[/snapback]

I know the Tuna is giving JJ nice motivational speeches and he gave the A-Train a nice one before showing him the door. Now I'm one of the very rare Cowboys fans who has never been sold on JJ and I'm still not, which is sort of irrelevant. The Cowboy's offensive line is horrible and Jones needs good blocking in front of him to be effective. That's why the draw is and always has been (in the NFL) his most effective play.

I like yer analysis and I agree with your logic. The problem is that it is going to be hard to expect much from JJ without improved line play and that isn't going to happen. If Brown is relatively healthy I think he'll put up more ff points against the worst rush defense in the NFL as oppsed to Jones up against the 5th best rush defense.

Again, everything changes if Brown is not healthy enough to be effective. Assuming he is, I'd start Brown. Another reason to go with Brown is that it is increasing looking like I'm going to be starting Henry in one league.

I'd have to sit Brown myself. I was actually toying with starting JJones ahead of LJordan in one league as my #3... but reading these replies makes me lean strongly toward LJ instead. Still, I think Jones will have a good day. Brown is just too much of a question mark right now.