[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texans #1 pick.

Randall

Who will they pick?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who will they pick?

• Reggie Bush
    • Matt Leinart
    • Vince Young
    • Other player
    • Trade Down

The front office is under too much pressure to take a marquee player, they won't trade down. They still think Carr can be good with help. So they take Bush.

They should find someone who can teach the offensive line to be better. According to Belichick, O-Lineman who are smart and big can be taught enough technique to excel in the League.

They will pick the player who will help them score the most point :D

Seriously, I voted for trade down. That would be the smart move as they already have Carr and Davis, who with some offensive line help and a better offensive scheme (not sure who the coach will be, but they have to be better than Capers as far as play calling) will do a more than serviceable job.

I voted trade down, but if they can't I say Vince Young.  Keeping Vince in Texas will sell a lot of tickets and he's the man right now.

1250824[/snapback]

That would make much more sence than Leinart or Bush. Bush could be a real possibility, especially since Davis stays nicked up a lot but, I would think the chance of them taking Leinart would be pretty close to 0%, but thats just MHO.

It's way confusing with the 10 million dollar roster bonus due to Carr, and how that dollar figure will affect their salary cap if they decide to move him. But to me, with Young being a Houston-native, marketing wise, it seems like a no-brainer. That would leave Leinart to go to New Orleans and then the Jets trade up to the #3 spot to get Reggie Bush.

Chris Mortensen today on the Dan Patrick Show said after talking to respected NFL talent evaluators, that there is zero chance that Houston will take Vince Young. That while he's a great college QB, that there are considerable concerns about his game translating to the NFL level and that he's far from being a NFL franchise QB. That he won't be able to run around like that in the NFL, that the windows close down way faster than VY has ever experienced, and that flat-out, David Carr is much better.

Chris Mortensen today on the Dan Patrick Show said after talking to respected NFL talent evaluators, that there is zero chance that Houston will take Vince Young. That while he's a great college QB, that there are considerable concerns about his game translating to the NFL level and that he's far from being a NFL franchise QB. That he won't be able to run around like that in the NFL, that the windows close down way faster than VY has ever experienced, and that flat-out, David Carr is much better.

1250944[/snapback]

If Houston could trade the #1 pick for Michael Vick, I believe they would. But Vince Young has too many questions to be considered close to a franchise QB. So what is it that makes Vick a franchise QB vs. Young?

They have a decent QB and RB.  Their most glaring weakness is OL.  They should take Debrickashaw Ferguson..

1250876[/snapback]

Agreed. They might even be able to trade down and still pick up Ferguson.

1250944[/snapback]

Yeah, those windows close awful quickly in the NFL. Not sure I agree, but we shall see, The top picks in this draft are players the Texans really don't need.

If Houston could trade the #1 pick for Michael Vick, I believe they would.

1250987[/snapback]

:D Please dont even mention such a thing. I would rather them sign Ryan Leaf than have to root for Michael Vick.

Who in their right mind doesn't get Bush.........???

I feel sorry for all you Bush haters, Bush is good!

1250834[/snapback]

Wednesday night was the first time I got the chance to see Reggie play and I'm not sure how good he'll be in the NFL. I didn't see him try to run up the middle once. He broke everything to the outside. While he had some success, he won't be able to do that in the NFL. I think White looked like the better RB Wed night. I'm not saying Reggie won't succeed in the NFL as I haven't seen much of him. I'm basing my opinion only on what I saw the other night. He'll also need to put on some weight to take the pounding he'll take in a 16 week schedule. Never having to carry the full load for USC is another concern. Again, I'm not saying he won't be successful in the NFL, but there are certainly some question marks with him (as there is for everyone).

I trade down for extra picks if I'm Houston. Get some help on the O-line. D'Brickashaw Ferguson out of Virginia perhaps.

If Houston could trade the #1 pick for Michael Vick, I believe they would.  But Vince Young has too many questions to be considered close to a franchise QB.  So what is it that makes Vick a franchise QB vs. Young?

1250987[/snapback]

I think Young has the chance to be a much better QB than Vick, but then who really knows. He seems to have much more character, leadership skills, etc. Hopefully these qualities will help him when they are working on his mechanics as well.

I really don't think the Texans or anyone else would consider trading for Vick now, for salary cap reasons but mainly because Vick is a below average passer who has not progressed much since he's been in the league.

Trade down or take Bush, IMO easy call. - they take VY- they will take a step back for the next 2-3 years. As good of a college Qb as he is, he needs alot of work to be a good pro QB.

1250892[/snapback]

Take a step back?! Is that possible? :D