[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No more twins?

Piranha

What, no beer runs and bikini models?

As beer sales decline, Anheuser-Busch and others are starting a campaign to brew up a 'finer' image for the beverage.

By Parija Bhatnagar, CNNMoney.com staff writer

January 19, 2006: 5:26 PM EST

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) - As wine, vodka and whiskey continue to distill market share from beer, leading brewers like Anheuser-Busch have crafted a new industrywide campaign that's aimed at "fighting back the enemy" by touting -- get this -- the finer aspects of beer.

The effort is being spearheaded by beer industry leader Anheuser-Busch (Research), said Robert Lachky, the company's executive vice president of global industry development, an interview with CNNMoney.com Thursday.

"We recognize that we have to become better at recapturing our market share," Lachky said. "Liquor companies are doing a good job at targeting beer drinkers and beer-drinking occasions. So we know who the enemy is and we have to do something about it."

Even though beer still leads in total alcohol consumption in the U.S. versus hard alcohol, the ongoing decline in beer sales is a worrisome trend for the industry, he said.

"But you have to put it in perspective. Beer is coming off it's all-time highs while hard alcohol sales are coming off their all-time lows," Lachky said. "[Nevertheless], you're concerned about the future, about not letting this trend become a runaway train."

I always laugh at that commercial where August Bush the 57th talks about being the head brewmaster at Bud. As my husband so aptly put it, isn't that about the same thing as being the head chef at McDonald's? Is this really something to brag about?

I always laugh at that commercial where August Bush the 57th talks about being the head brewmaster at Bud. As my husband so aptly put it, isn't that about the same thing as being the head chef at McDonald's? Is this really something to brag about?

1277400[/snapback]

:D

I always laugh at that commercial where August Bush the 57th talks about being the head brewmaster at Bud. As my husband so aptly put it,same isn't that about the thing as being the head chef at McDonald's? Is this really something to brag about?

1277400[/snapback]

Leave Bier out of this

1277400[/snapback]

:D:D that is funny

Beer is for getting a buzz. Anyone who drinks it for its taste is ghey.

Liquor is for getting hammered. Anyone who cuts it with cranberry juice or soda pop is ghey.

Wine is ghey.

1277676[/snapback]

I have to disagree. Beer is delicious, whiskey is delicious, red wine is delicious. Now white wine is another story.

When I was 18 I may have agreed with you.

Beer is for getting a buzz. Anyone who drinks it for its taste is ghey.

Liquor is for getting hammered. Anyone who cuts it with cranberry juice or soda pop is ghey.

Wine is ghey.

1277676[/snapback]

Maybe it's just Codwagon who is ghey. :D

Maybe it's just Codwagon who is ghey.  :D

1277844[/snapback]

He's quick to tell you what is and isn't ghey. Experience counts.

I have to disagree.  Beer is delicious, whiskey is delicious, red wine is delicious.  Now white wine is another story.

When I was 18 I may have agreed with you.

1277761[/snapback]

Anyone who thinks beer doesn't taste good is ghey. I can't drink it anymore because I have celiac desease and there's nothing I miss more than having an ice cold bottle of Bud Light when I get off work. Beer is delicious. :D

1277400[/snapback]

Did you ever see that McDonald's commercial where they showed the "McDonald's " research kitchens? Real chit. They showed a guy in chef garb saying he is the McDonald's executive chef and... talked about their next sandwich or some such thing.

It was like a SNL skit. Hilarious as hell. I didn't how they could do it with a straight face and no it was n SNL.

But yeah, Busch the decsendant.

I always laugh that Pete Coors is standing in a snow-filled valley next to a mountain stream.

Golden Colorado is not in the mountains.  And Coors brewery is no scenic wonderland.  It's a factory.

1278024[/snapback]

And how is "coldest" supposed to be an aattribute to put it above any other beer? :D