[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good news for me today!

Grits and Shins

Please forgive me for a small personal moment.

I am an employee of a firm that contracts my services out. As an employee I have full benefits (401k, PTO, medical, etc). I am in a rather unique position in that I actually get 264 hours of PTO each year. I have been contracted out to the same client since 1999.

My employer (not client) has not given me a raise, well, ever. They treat me more like a true contractor (where they are the pass through) than an employee. Needless to say I don't have alot of warm feelings for my employer (I like my client just fine).

Last month my client took it upon themselves to get me a raise, which needless to say pleased me.

I am even more pleased today to find out the paperwork is almost finalized for an increase of 5k in my annual salary!

I am an employee of a firm that contracts my services out.  As an employee I have full benefits (401k, PTO, medical, etc).  I am in a rather unique position in that I actually get 264 hours of PTO each year.  I have been contracted out to the same client since 1999.

My employer (not client) has not given me a raise, well, ever.  They treat me more like a true contractor (where they are the pass through) than an employee.  Needless to say I don't have alot of warm feelings for my employer (I like my client just fine).

Last month my client took it upon themselves to get me a raise, which needless to say pleased me.

I am even more pleased today to find out the paperwork is almost finalized for an increase of 5k in my annual salary!

1277407[/snapback]

Congrats Grins.

On another note just imagine the money they would give you if you did not have them on ignore. :D

Thanks for the well wishes!

Congrats, when did you start posting in the tailgate so much?

1277423[/snapback]

When the political bullmanure stopped ... and the fantasy mostly came to an end. I have long been a year 'round guy here at the Huddle and posted many a time at the original "Diversion".

Edited by Grits and Shins

Thanks for the well wishes!

When the political bullmanure stopped ... and the fantasy mostly came to an end.  I have long been a year 'round guy here at the Huddle and posted many a time at the original "Diversion".

1277431[/snapback]

How are your kids? :D

I am an employee of a firm that contracts my services out.  As an employee I have full benefits (401k, PTO, medical, etc).  I am in a rather unique position in that I actually get 264 hours of PTO each year.  I have been contracted out to the same client since 1999.

My employer (not client) has not given me a raise, well, ever.  They treat me more like a true contractor (where they are the pass through) than an employee.  Needless to say I don't have alot of warm feelings for my employer (I like my client just fine).

1277407[/snapback]

Good stuff Blitz.

Why not look to move, we all know that you get most of your "raises" through leaving to a new company? My new company is the best move I made in years.

Job security is huge so I can understand if that's your reasoning.

Anyway, I should know this already but in what field are you in?

Edit: I guess in reading your post again the reason you may not leave it that genereous PTO you have earned. And that would make sense.

Have you ever passed up a raise for more PTO time. Just curious as I know of people that have done that.

Edited by chiefjay

Good stuff Blitz.

Why not look to move, we all know that you get most of your "raises" through leaving to a new company?  My new company is the best move I made in years.

Job security is huge so I can understand if that's your reasoning.

Anyway, I should know this already but in what field are you in?

1277454[/snapback]

I like where I am working (my client), the market for my skills is skinny, the 19 years seniority and 264 hours of PTO ... all make it tough to consider leaving.

Great news Blitz. Now it will make the 10 you are gonna fork over to me tonight easier to accept :D Seriously though you had recently posted that things were getting tight so this thread is great to see. Congrats :D