[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What happened with the Suberbowl commercials?

DMD

Is it just me or were those the most forgettable commercials of any Superbowl? The only one that stuck out to me was the cell phone one with the crime deterrant feature - that was pretty good. Did I miss the good ones?

The magic Beer fridge and the Cavemen.

Is it just me or were those the most forgettable commercials of any Superbowl? The only one that stuck out to me was the cell phone one with the crime deterrant feature - that was pretty good. Did I miss the good ones?

1308977[/snapback]

All in all, not good.

Bud really used to carry the flag. Their commercials were only okay.

On another note, did anyone see the special on CBS on Saturday night counting down the top 40 commercials? It was pretty good, but I had 2 problems with it:

1) Dan Marino, Boomer Esiason, and Shannon Sharpe got to pick the three finalists, and that was all you could vote for :D

2) The greatest superbowl commercial of all time was not represented. Minifridge

1308993[/snapback]

All in all, not good.

Bud really used to carry the flag.  Their commercials were only okay.

On another note, did anyone see the special on CBS on Saturday night counting down the top 40 commercials?  It was pretty good, but I had 2 problems with it:

1) Dan Marino, Boomer Esiason, and Shannon Sharpe got to pick the three finalists, and that was all you could vote for :D

2)  The greatest superbowl commercial of all time was not represented. Minifridge

1309000[/snapback]

:D Ironic coincidence? I think not...

1308993[/snapback]

Yep, and from a sappy perspective, the clydesdale colt pulling the wagon was nice -- and the streaker for the horse football game prompted a smile ...

Beer Fridge and Caveman kicking dinosaur were worthy ... :D

Cavemen FedEx was probably the best, especially where he kicked the little dinosaur as he came out of the cave. :D

The Michelob Ultra Amber wasn't bad either. The football game where the dude just plants the hottie after she catches a pass, and then the retaliatory clothesline in the bar afterwards.

Yep, and from a sappy perspective, the clydesdale colt pulling the wagon was nice -- and the streaker for the horse football game prompted a smile ...

Beer Fridge and Caveman kicking dinosaur were worthy ... :D

1309054[/snapback]

+1

I want to know why noone is talking about the blatantly obvious racial commercial that Cadillac put out with the Escalade?

A black woman is seen coming out of a black pool and transforms in to a black Cadillac...and Cadillacs are known to be the vehicle of choice for our black American brethren...where is the outrage?

I think this was a fairly obvious attempt at stereotyping...

:D

Guest THEbigred

1308977[/snapback]

It wasn't you DMD. Most were stupid. Frankly I hope that trend continues so the SB commercial hype dies down.