[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cheesiest Rock Bands

Chavez

To me, "cheesy" carries an implication of guilty fun. Those two bands are too insanely self-important to really consider as being "fun." That, and Creed is more along the lines of "sucky" than "cheesy" - aside from mocking Stapp's pompous Vedder/Christ persona, there ain't much fun to be had with Creed.

1445316[/snapback]

Yeah, you're right. I was imagining sucky when I made my list. I guess then by your definition UB40 would be considered cheesy or if we're talking newer bands the Scissor Sisters would qualify?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess then by your definition UB40 would  be considered cheesy or if we're talking newer bands the Scissor Sisters would qualify?

1445409[/snapback]

UB40 might make it. Scissor Sisters INTEND to be cheesy, so they get what will henceforth be known as the "GWAR exemption" - intentionally cheesy doesn't count.

so that douch with the 12 string guitar and ghey outfit wasn't cheesy 

1445416[/snapback]

Rick Neilsen's "geek" stage persona is entirely intentional. And the QUALITY of Cheap Trick's work holds up with anyone. If all you know is "The Flame" and the remakes of "Ain't That a Shame" and "Don't Be Cruel", you need to check out their box set Sex America Cheap Trick - CT aren't cheesy, they are MASSIVELY underrated.

Rick Neilsen's "geek" stage persona is entirely intentional. And the QUALITY of Cheap Trick's work holds up with anyone. If all you know is "The Flame" and the remakes of "Ain't That a Shame" and "Don't Be Cruel", you need to check out their box set Sex America Cheap Trick - CT aren't cheesy, they are MASSIVELY underrated.

1445439[/snapback]

Good info here. As an aside, Rick Neilsen is the only vaguely famous person who has been eating in the same restaurant at the same time as me, as far as I know. :D

To me, "cheesy" carries an implication of guilty fun. Those two bands are too insanely self-important to really consider as being "fun." That, and Creed is more along the lines of "sucky" than "cheesy" - aside from mocking Stapp's pompous Vedder/Christ persona, there ain't much fun to be had with Creed.

1445316[/snapback]

Don't know if I necessarily agree with that, every Creed video I have seen oozes as much cheesiness as suckiness.

Good info here.  As an aside, Rick Neilsen is the only vaguely famous person who has been eating in the same restaurant at the same time as me, as far as I know.  :D

1445451[/snapback]

I bought some of his daughter's under-21 friends beer at a concert once.

Any band name you can pull out of greatwhitelionsnake should qualify, but some might disagree and I'll respect that.

what I won't repect is anyone defending a glaring omission:

Aldo. Nova.

and chavez - don't bust on the circlejerks they were punk and certainly NOT cheesy. :D

Any band name you can pull out of greatwhitelionsnake should qualify, but some might disagree and I'll respect that.

what I won't repect is anyone defending a glaring omission:

Aldo. Nova.

and chavez - don't bust on the circlejerks they were punk and certainly NOT cheesy. :D

1445646[/snapback]

Why you hatin on "Fantasy"

Oh and Nelson was very cheesy.

Edited by whomper

When I was about 12 and had just finished doing my first loop ever as a caddy, I went to the record store and bought the first two albums of my life - ashamed to say they were Paradise Theater by Styx and some REO Speedwagon album (the one with Keep on Loving You). And both are deservedly on Chavez' initial list.

I waited a couple years before buying Escape by Journey. :D

darn Yankees...Tommy Shaw, Ted Nugent, Jack Blades and Michael Cartellone and we get "High Enough"????  :D

1446093[/snapback]

You are aware that the Secret Service is notified when you badmouth Ted Nugent, right? :D

I agree with all of the above mentioned but noticed they are mostly 80s.  Here is some 90s cheese:

Soul Asylum

Hootie and the Blowfish

Creed

Live

1445227[/snapback]

Correct on the above with the exception of Soul Asylum. :D