[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For the Jets fans

DMD

You have my condolences.

I have spent most of today researching, writing up and projecting Jets and I am not so sure that I would want any of them. I know every player has value depending on where you select them, but man - this is a mess.

Mangini should have this squad taking shape in 2007 but for now, this is not a particularly pretty picture. If I had to name the Jets player I would most want to draft and have on my team, I would have to think a while who that could possibly be. I guess Coles? Even then only as a back-up player.

I mean usually you find at least one player that is relatively interesting but that is pretty challenging with the Jets this year. This is about as muddled an offense as I can remember (even SF at least has a lock at QB bad as it may be).

P.S. Congrats on your first round RB next year. Hope the Browns do not beat you to him.

Yep. I looked at this as well and want no part of anyone on that team. Maybe Martin as a good late round flier, but to only have as a buy week fill in IF he was to do something early in the season. Stay away from this group :D

I don't know, maybe it's 'cuz I ended up with him in the IDP Handbook League, but I think Coles may have some value this year.  More than some.  :D

1470593[/snapback]

I've always been a fan of Laverneus Coles. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt once again, that this whole QB fiasco last season has left us FF'ers giving up on him. Don't forget, when Pennington's in the lineup, and actually playing NFL QB Coles has been a solid 2/3 WR. And his first year in WAS he had a great year. So don't give up on him just yet.

Vilma was a stud, no reason to believe he won't be once again. Especially if the offence blows as much as they did last season.

Cmart will be a quality value pick this year. I wouldn't mind having him as a no3/4 RB on my roster, in fact I do own him in 1 dynasty league. However, I also own Houston, Blaylock and Washington. And will be making a significant trade with the seemingly worst team in the league, to try and aquire that high draft pick for next season (just in case).

Erik Coleman is a quality young player at safety. In the league for only a couple seasons, and an IDP gold mine. Look forward to him in my defensive backfield in all my dynasty leagues...

All that being said, they are still few and far between in New York...

I don't know, maybe it's 'cuz I ended up with him in the IDP Handbook League, but I think Coles may have some value this year.  More than some.  :D

1470593[/snapback]

I am one of the few that agree with ya D. :D I mean, Coles put up 73 catches for 845 and 5 TDs last year, catching passes from Vinny Testeverde and Brooks Bollinger for pete'ssake. Pennington/Ramsey/Clemens will not be mistaken for Joe Montana anytime soon, but they are all 3 an upgrade over what they had last year. So I can only see Coles going up. JMHO

You have my condolences.

I have spent most of today researching, writing up and projecting Jets and I am not so sure that I would want any of them. I know every player has value depending on where you select them, but man - this is a mess.

Mangini should have this squad taking shape in 2007 but for now, this is not a particularly pretty picture. If I had to name the Jets player I would most want to draft and have on my team, I would have to think a while who that could possibly be. I guess Coles? Even then only as a back-up player.

I mean usually you find at least one player that is relatively interesting but that is pretty challenging with the Jets this year. This is about as muddled an offense as I can remember (even SF at least has a lock at QB bad as it may be).

P.S. Congrats on your first round RB next year. Hope the Browns do not beat you to him.

1470400[/snapback]

Well, DMD, if you were an IDP head, there are several valuable defensive players on the Jets this year..... they will be on the field a LOT!

On the offensive side, besides dynasty league drafts, I won't touch any Jets in the first five rounds. Ferguson, Mangold and the FA pick ups will help the Jets' O line, but won't fix it. These rookies are gonna get schooled at first, even Ferguson.

The RB situation looks like RBBC, with Martin getting maybe 50% of the touches. Who will be the QB?

Adrian Peterson is gonna look good in green and white.... sad, perhaps, but at least he'll LOOK good.

PS: Rumors are the new CS doesn't like Coleman a whole lot.... case in point, the drafting of SS Smith at the end of the third round..... big hitter run support guy from Mich St I believe..... sort of a... Rodney Harrison type.

Edited by Rovers

No offense to Jets fans, but I'm with DMD.

For offensive fantasy players, the Jets are a veritable wasteland.

1471116[/snapback]

True, thankfully real points are what matter, not fantasy points (Hey, those Cardinals had some GREAT fantasy players last year...) and while the Jets are not going to be great, it's probably a little soon to assign them to a top 5 pick in 2007.

They have some receivers (Coles, McCareins). They have some people to carry the ball, and RBBCs don't necessarily mean disaster. If Mangini winds up being a good coach, if the offensive line can hang together, and if Pennington can stay healthy, they'll at least be respectable, if not 'good'. 8-8 is probably not out of the question, though it would be a fight.

They're trading down already?

1476898[/snapback]

No, I just don't think they are as bad off as the Lions, the Raiders, the Texans, the Niners, the Titans, and the Packers.

Could they be? Sure. Just suggesting.

• 7 months later...