[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chester Taylor ?

sacosud

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds about right.  Maybe a couple more TDs. 

1200 rush, 350 rec, 9 rushing TDs, 2 receiving TDs

1470781[/snapback]

Just MHO, but that sounds a little lofty for a guy that:

1) Has never been a featured back

2) Has Brad Johnson as his QB

3) Has no stand out receiving threats on his team (as of yet...)

4) Is on a team with a new HC, who has never been an HC, and whose offense hasn't featured a big runner in recent memory.

I am not overly excited about the prospects for the vikings, myself...and I think Taylor will struggle in that situation. The only positive change is tha addition of Hutchinson. If he does well, it will be the impact on the line.

Any reasoning or just a hunch? He is an intriguing option but a definite gamble.

1470810[/snapback]

Listening to NFL radio one day and some comments from some NFL writers like Kirwin (sp) ...

Plus they paid him too much money and were too aggressive getting him for a real RBBC type thing ...

Its what I believe anyway. Sometimes I'm right too ...

:D

Edited by Beaumont

Listening to NFL.com one day and some comments from some NFL writers like Kirwin (sp) ...

Plus they paid him too much money and were too aggressive getting him for a real RBBC type thing ...

Its what I believe anyway.  Sometimes I'm right too ...

1470816[/snapback]

Just curious....

4) Is on a team with a new HC, who has never been an HC, and whose offense hasn't featured a big runner in recent memory.

I am not overly excited about the prospects for the vikings, myself...and I think Taylor will struggle in that situation.  The only positive change is tha addition of Hutchinson.  If he does well, it will be the impact on the line.

1470804[/snapback]

OK maybe a little lofty rushing yardage. But a certain LaMont Jordan was able to amass 1,025 rushing yards, 563 receiving yards and 11 total TDs.

1) Never was a featured back

2) Kerry Collins :D

3) Moss was hurt and never got on the same page as Collins

4) Norv Turner? :D

The Vikes really wanted this guy. That says something to me. Even though it IS the Vikings we're talking about here... :D

The Vikes really wanted this guy.  That says something to me.  Even though it IS the Vikings we're talking about here...  :D

1470821[/snapback]

Great point, I didn't really think about that. I definitely think that says something about how they will use him. I'm not sold on his ability as of yet though. I just don't see what everyone else is.

OK maybe a little lofty rushing yardage.  But a certain LaMont Jordan was able to amass 1,025 rushing yards, 563 receiving yards and 11 total TDs. 

1)  Never was a featured back

2)  Kerry Collins  :D

3)  Moss was hurt and never got on the same page as Collins

4)  Norv Turner?  :D

The Vikes really wanted this guy.  That says something to me.  Even though it IS the Vikings we're talking about here...  :D

1470821[/snapback]

I wan't as high as most on Jordan last year either, but he proved he can do it.

I should also have mentioned that Taylor also has to content with M Moore and C Fason, losing 3rd down touches and goal line carries.

It just sounds a little 'primo' for taylor. Maybe if there were single digit TDs and somewhat less than 1500 all purpose yards, I might be with you. Just remember that Taylor could be as much Reuben Droughns as he could be Lamont Jordan...

And didn't Norv Turner get some guy named Emmitt 20something TDs? Imagine whaat he could have done with a back like Barry Sanders...?

I wan't as high as most on Jordan last year either, but he proved he can do it.

I should also have mentioned that Taylor also has to content with M Moore and C Fason, losing 3rd down touches and goal line carries.

It just sounds a little 'primo' for taylor.  Maybe if there were single digit TDs and somewhat less than 1500 all purpose yards, I might be with you.  Just remember that Taylor could be as much Reuben Droughns as he could be Lamont Jordan...

And didn't Norv Turner get some guy named Emmitt 20something TDs?  Imagine whaat he could have done with a back like Barry Sanders...?

1470834[/snapback]

In reverse order:

That Emmitt guy had some serious talent around him, including a stellar line.

I'd sign off on 1,500 total... but I would bet he gets double-digit total TDs.

Moore is brittle and Fason is a hugh ?. Taylor is an every-down back. Moore will get some carries, especially in long 3rd down situations. As a Taylor owner :D I think he'll be a solid fantasy RB.

I am not overly excited about the prospects for the vikings, myself...and I think Taylor will struggle in that situation.  The only positive change is tha addition of Hutchinson.  If he does well, it will be the impact on the line.

1470804[/snapback]

+1

IMO, he doesnt even finish in the top 15 rushing yards or TDs.

My team is in sig. would you trade for Chester Taylor?? I don't know alot about him(Chester). The team has interest in Warner..What should I offer him or should I offer at all at this point??? I have tried to trade for both Caddy and Tiki already.

He would not even think about Caddy but during that trade did express interest in Warner and Brooks. I offered Warner for Tiki no dice there. I'm just not sure about Taylor I have not got to see a whole lot of him and I know Minny has a new coach. Are there any Chester gurus who would know fair market for him and if so looking at my team what would you offer???

His team

Qb's D.Garrard,B. Leftwhich, A. Smith,R.Grossman and Kyle Orton

Rb's Caddy, K. Jones, Tiki Barber, Chester Taylor, TJ Duckett,F.Gore,C. Fiason

Wr's Fitz, Lee Evans, A. Bryant, L.Coles and R.Caldwell

Te LJ Smith.

1470804[/snapback]

OK maybe a little lofty rushing yardage.  But a certain LaMont Jordan was able to amass 1,025 rushing yards, 563 receiving yards and 11 total TDs. 

1)  Never was a featured back

2)  Kerry Collins  :D

3)  Moss was hurt and never got on the same page as Collins

4)  Norv Turner?  :D

1470821[/snapback]

Good posts. Both make sense and I believed in Jordan last year and again this year. Last year when you projected Jordan at least my projections considered a healthy Moss. This year Jordan has the added bonus of having now don it once.

That makes Chester Taylor a gut instinct call right now. My gut tells me I don't like him. Camp could change that but right now I'm not high on him.

Good posts.  Both make sense and I believed in Jordan last year and again this year.  Last year when you projected Jordan at least my projections considered a healthy Moss.  This year Jordan has the added bonus of having now don it once.

That makes Chester Taylor a gut instinct call right now.  My gut tells me I don't like him.  Camp could change that but right now I'm not high on him.

1470867[/snapback]

Good post. I think Jordan was ten times the back Taylor is comparing their situations when both left their old teams.

I gotta admit I'm pretty high on Chester this season. Everything I've read on him suggests he's a very good receiver out of the backfield. BECAUSE he has no WR threats and BECAUSE he has Brad Johnson (who LOVED Charlie Garner in the same role), I think he can get in that 500 receiving yard range, which could potentially make him a very good fantasy back if he can score some TDs. I actually am starting to consider keeping Chester over Westbrook or even one of Holt/CJ.

i'd try warner for caddy, then i'd try brooks for caddy if the first didn't appeal to him.....

i imagine you have a rookie draft coming up...... you could compensate for your loss at qb with one of the top 3.