[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mavs in 6 for the Championship

Sgt. Ryan

Well, the Mavs sucked, but not as bad as the officials. It warms my heart to know that the NFL isn't the only professional league that can't field a compenent officiating crew for the biggest game of the year. I guess Cuban got what the league felt he deserved for speaking his mind.

:D

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm down with the bad officiating, but the refs weren't tossing up brick after brick after brick during long stretches of several of these games.

I thought Dallas was the better team going into the series, and still figure they got more talent, but I'm afraid they lacked an elusive quality of some sort, when they failed to close out Games 3, 5, and 6.

I've always been a fan of Mark Cuban, but the dude needs to keep his schtick in check at this time of year.

They have whined so much I'm now cheering for Miami. If Dallas would just shutup and play, they'd be fine. The world doesn't owe you a championship, Dallas - even though Mark might be telling you it does. :D

Good info here. Cuban is like a three year old in a hissy fit, the wanker.

You my fellow huddler are the biggest idiot that ever lived. I am still trying to find #2!

And just who the hell are you again? Personal attacks against me I suppose make you some kind of genius?

Yes, Wade was rock solid in the clutch. Yes, Mavs choked like a team full of Mickelsons. Yes, Miami deserved to win the series.

But the fact remains, even to an idiot like myself, the officiating SUCKED. And Mark Cuban cost his team foul shots aplenty. And anybody that doesn't see that is truuly the biggest idiot that ever lived. And that apparently is you.

Crawl back in your hole little man.

Unreal, as a big NBA fan I am so dissapointed in so many ways..... Mavs are soft- period, they played like Rosie O'Donnell since the debacle in game 3- I mean, tonight?? u kidding me?? they fight back to tie the game with 5 min. or so- what did they do- I think 3 str8 possession where they tossed up a quick 3 :D Ridiculous, if you ever needed a good shot that was the time, work the shot clock a bit- WORK for anything....grab some Mo. Terrible, I thought the Mavs were a championship team b4 the series- he11 no. They went back to Dallas mavericks of old- soft and taking ill advised jumpers.

The officiating- ehh, a whole nother subject- Miami was the aggressor, and deserves it. The worst NBA champ since the Rockets stepped in when MJ was gone.

That being said- is this not the biggest chokejob in NBA history?? up 12 with 7 min left in game 3, everyone looking for a sweep?? :D and then lose 4 straight??? I think if I was actually a Mavs homer, my head may explode form even thinking about it.

Well, the Mavs sucked, but not as bad as the officials. It warms my heart to know that the NFL isn't the only professional league that can't field a compenent officiating crew for the biggest game of the year. I guess Cuban got what the league felt he deserved for speaking his mind.

Perhaps you should change your avatar to a picture of an NBA Offical now............. :D

Miami had the better stars. Wade was clutch the last four games (except for those last two FT's). He was hitting big shots when it mattered. Nowitzki was not. So much for him being the next Larry Bird. Or even a superstar for that matter.

Wade needs to be given his due. He was clutch and is certainly a star now.

Perhaps you should change your avatar to a picture of an NBA Offical now............. :D

You'd love that now wouldn't you. No, as has been stated here the NBA officiating is and always has been (at least in my recollection) "star freindly" to the extreme.

Jordan lived off kind officiating in his latter years especially. The guy was great, like Wade is becoming. I give Wade full credit for being clutch, but he certainly didn't need all the help he got. When he blew by Dirk and pushed off on his way to the hoop late in the game, HE should have been called for a foul, not Dirk.

I just don't like officials becoming overly involved in the outcome of championship games. I want it decided on the floor, or the field as the case may be. And all too often this is just not the case.

Don't worry Menudo, at some point in time I will be moved to change my offensive avatar. But it certainly won't be at your request. :D

You'd love that now wouldn't you. No, as has been stated here the NBA officiating is and always has been (at least in my recollection) "star freindly" to the extreme.

Jordan lived off kind officiating in his latter years especially. The guy was great, like Wade is becoming. I give Wade full credit for being clutch, but he certainly didn't need all the help he got. When he blew by Dirk and pushed off on his way to the hoop late in the game, HE should have been called for a foul, not Dirk.

I just don't like officials becoming overly involved in the outcome of championship games. I want it decided on the floor, or the field as the case may be. And all too often this is just not the case.

Don't worry Menudo, at some point in time I will be moved to change my offensive avatar. But it certainly won't be at your request. :D

Actually, I agree with you, just saw an opportunity to take a jab. :D Trust me, as a Steeler fan, I'd give anything to have not had the officials play such an important role in the Super Bowl. Oops, did I just say that out loud. :D

Edited by Menudo

No, as has been stated here the NBA officiating is and always has been (at least in my recollection) "star freindly" to the extreme.

More good info here. No other sport is anywhere close to the preferential treatment basketball gives it's star players. You can only surmise that refs are directed by the NBA to make sure certain people aren't fouled out early and others are given the benefit of any doubt.

NO excuses, Dallas choked. Man this sucks.

I know how you feel, I went thru it with the Sixers and Phils back in the 70's and 80s...each finally got over the hump just as Dallas most likely will...might be a bitter pill to take now but one that will help them in the long run

The Heat have provided so many tough losses over the years, this is well deserved.

The Mavs have noone to blame but themselves for losing this series. They were the better team. Ignoring game 5, which I'll fully admit the refs had way too much say in, they had the Heat on the ropes in game 3 and let it slip and had the Heat in the penalty with 7+ minutes left last night and proceeded to shoot jumper after jumper.

That being said, this was only the beginning for them. They'll learn from this. If they resign Terry, I see no reason why they can't be right back on this stage for the next couple of years and I hope they are. Fantastic team and for me are a thrill to watch...just not when they're playing the Heat.

The Heat have provided so many tough losses over the years, this is well deserved.

The Mavs have noone to blame but themselves for losing this series. They were the better team. Ignoring game 5, which I'll fully admit the refs had way too much say in, they had the Heat on the ropes in game 3 and let it slip and had the Heat in the penalty with 7+ minutes left last night and proceeded to shoot jumper after jumper.

That being said, this was only the beginning for them. They'll learn from this. If they resign Terry, I see no reason why they can't be right back on this stage for the next couple of years and I hope they are. Fantastic team and for me are a thrill to watch...just not when they're playing the Heat.

I think the Heat commited their 4th team foul with 10 1/2 minutes left, so their next foul would begin the penalty. Astounding to me the Mavs didn't drive the lane more to take advantage.

Im not so sure Dallas will get back here anytime soon. This was their shot, in my opinion. The reason: Amare Stoudemire.

Couldn't agree more. The only hope is that as every year passes Phoenix will have to put up with the realization that Nash isn't getting any younger.

This series reminded me of the 99-00 Stars Playoff run. They fought so hard to get thru the Western Conference that when they finally got to the finals the whole city figured they'd just run New Jersey out of the building. That didn't turn out well either.

Edited by myhousekey

From my post in the Tailgate:

I am a fan of both teams but found myself rooting for the Heat early on in the series. I never understood why the analysts were saying Avery Johnson was a better coach than Pat Riley. Riley kept Miami poised and focused after absolutely being dominated in the first two games.

I dislike Gary Payton, very much. A cancer on a team nowadays, no doubt.

While I feel the warrior moniker is thrown around much too flippantly, 'Zo has incredible heart. I'm glad he got a ring.

I've grown to really like Shaq over the years. I'm glad he got a ring without Kobe.

The Mavs need some fire in their belly.

Just checking in to congratulate our Heat fans around here. I'm swamped at work and will probably be out-of-pocket for the next few days.

IMHO, it came down to each team's star. Wade played better. The Heat had a plan to slow Dirk down which I'd bet you $100.00 worked out better than they hoped. Meanwhile, there was nothing that could be done to slow Wade, much less stop him.

Congrats to the Heat.