[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

God I hope this doesn't blow

Fatman

The first one was pretty funny, but far from a classic...

Agreed, the first was good, but not in the upper echelon. IMO a sequel would knock it down even further. This can't be anything but a disapointment.

I"ll say this the original is one of those movies that gets better each time you watch it. When I initially saw it on DVD I thought-eh, o.k., but I've since caught it 2 or 3 times at various points on cable and it's pretty darn funny.

Edited by Marauders11

Loved the first one. It had it slow moments, so, was by no means a "Dumb & Dumber", but, the party / beer bong / streaking scene is classic, the wedding singer throwin out 'F-Bombs' had me dying in the theatre / and the cameo dart to the neck scene by the pool kicked a$$.

If what a user on the message board, who is supposedly an "insider" is correct, it is going to be AWESOME ! Here is what he wrote:

In the movie Jack Black, Ben Stiller, and Owen Wilson, start up a rival frat. Steve Carrell plays the new Dean of Students who I guess is kind of a shy dork that Will Ferrell gets high during a scene. And the climatic scene is a beer bong competition between the two frats.

That sounds awesome ! :D

If what a user on the message board, who is supposedly an "insider" is correct, it is going to be AWESOME ! Here is what he wrote:

In the movie Jack Black, Ben Stiller, and Owen Wilson, start up a rival frat. Steve Carrell plays the new Dean of Students who I guess is kind of a shy dork that Will Ferrell gets high during a scene. And the climatic scene is a beer bong competition between the two frats.

:D:D:D

I think it will be a classic someday. Now I will say this, it's been my experience that the people that thoroughly enjoyed this flick were in fraternities during college. Those that weren't found it funny but not on the same level.

I think it will be a classic someday. Now I will say this, it's been my experience that the people that thoroughly enjoyed this flick were in fraternities during college. Those that weren't found it funny but not on the same level.

I wasn't in a frat but it's one of my favorites.

I found the movie funny because it was true.. :D

And i they do have all those actors lined up for a rival fraternity, well, there just won't be enough screen time for all of them. But, that would be sweet......

I love the first one and can't wait to see the second one.

"Your my boy, blue!"

"You're... you're crazy man. I like you, but you're crazy. ."

"You tell anyone about this and I'll f(_)cking kill you. I'm kidding, I'm kidding, we'll have him home by midnight. "

"Dear Mitch, if you're holding this letter you already know. The house has been boarded up. The doors. The windows. Everything. We're at the Comfort Inn. Room 112. I love you. Frank "

My first reaction wasn't good, but reading this makes me feel better. I loved the first one. I was in a frat. The characters are pretty dead on for my friends. Now that we're married a big day out does consist of "Home Depot, Olive Garden, and maybe Bed Bath & Beyond." :D When we have our little reunion weekend in February for a pool, darts, and bowling tourney there are many versions of "Frank the Tank" from many of us. :D

He's gonna do one! He's gonna do one!

When we have our little reunion weekend in February for a pool, darts, and bowling tourney there are many versions of "Frank the Tank" from many of us. :D

He's gonna do one! He's gonna do one!

My little reunion is 6 weeks away in Dallas. Golf, booze, baseball, booze, strippers, booze and more booze :D

It definitely isn't a classic, in the sense of Animal House, Revenge of the Nerds (the first, the rest sucked), or Van Wilder, but it was a good flick. If Stiller and Owen Wilson are in the 2nd one, It should be good for a sequel.

Loved the first one. It had it slow moments, so, was by no means a "Dumb & Dumber", but, the party / beer bong / streaking scene is classic, the wedding singer throwin out 'F-Bombs' had me dying in the theatre / and the cameo dart to the neck scene by the pool kicked a$$.

That would be awsome, but I'll call BS on it. It's almost too much of a dream cast for it to happen and a sequel none-the-less. I just don't see this cast happening.

That would be awsome, but I'll call BS on it. It's almost too much of a dream cast for it to happen and a sequel none-the-less. I just don't see this cast happening.

Yeah, possible BS.

I Googled "Old School 2 rumors" and came up with this:

Plot Synopsis: This sequel to the comedy hit Old School, the rumored plot focuses on the first film's three main characters—Mitch (Luke Wilson), Frank (Will Ferrell), and Beanie (Vince Vaughn)—who head to Daytona Beach, Florida for spring break.

And here's the link...

I also got a few results from message boards, most of which are saying that it's a spring break related sequel.

It certainly does, but the Tennebaums/Zoolander/Anchorman/Old School pack travels together...