[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your Wedding Bells

nuke'em ttg

Gotta hit a Big wedding today..........ours was small.....just a best man & maid of honor with family and some guests at the church......reception back at the house.....my wifes only request was a church wedding and we both agreed we didn't want to waste a bunch of $$$$ on it..........19 years ago .... :D

Got hitched in Vegas on May 20th this year. We had about 40 people come out. We didn't have the $$$ to spend on a big wedding at home, but the Vegas wedding turned out very nice. I would suggest the Forever Grand Wedding Chapel in MGM Grand. Our wedding package cost like $1500. Even the pictures turned out great. We had a small reception at Harrah's complete with sit down dinner shrimp cocktail, salad, filet & chicken, wedding cake, DJ, dessert, and open bar. Only wound up costing like$4000-$5000, which is a lot cheaper then the $20,000+ it would have cost here in Philly w/ 200+ people.

Took a 10 day leave from the AF and flew home to SF. Right in the middle of a Nursing strike. So I could wait til the strike ended (in CA you needed a blood test, and NO ONE was crossing the picket lines so a non-emergency test was taking about 2 months) or drive to Reno for a quickie.

My Dad, Her Mom, and an Aunt. Got married, had dinner, and drove back to SF that night so we could catch an afternoon flight the next day to Little Rock.

32 years later..... She hasn't traded me in yet.

August 29th will be 8 years..We had 300 people. It was insane but a lot of fun. We had a DJ and a band. My father in laws jazz band was our band. My father sang with them for a set. It was a great night.

Married 9/11/04.

I did most of the planning, as far as finding places and people (officiant, wedding music, DJ, hall, etc) then running it by the wife.

We got married in Pere Marquette Park in downtown Milwaukee (it wasn't that crowded for our wedding) on the big rotunda off to the right of the picture. We had a perfect weather, which was nice. And due to our being an aggregate of about 1/16th Irish/Scots, we had a bagpiper play before the wedding and the processional and recessional music.

Our reception was a few blocks away on the 2nd floor of the Milwaukee Public Museum; we dined in an exhibit called the Streets of Old Milwaukee, which recreates the dwellings and stores of turn-of-the-century Milwaukee. People were also free to wander into the rain forest display and check out the butterfly exhibit. I haven't heard from anyone who didn't think that this was completely awesome.

Then after the museum shut us down at midnight, we took the shuttle bus down to Dino's by Cathedral Square and partied with our close friends until bar time.

In total it ran us about $10k, with the bulk being the catering bill :bawl: ; but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

We got married in St Thomas. About 50 people came on the cruise with us. It went from San Juan to St Thomas. We got off and got married at Wyndam Suger Bay. Spent the day at the resort. Then we cruised on to St Maartin. We didnt have to do anything. The resort handled everything. I cant recall how much that bad boy set me back, but it really wasnt that bad. I would HIGHLY recommend it...

We got married in St Thomas. About 50 people came on the cruise with us. It went from San Juan to St Thomas. We got off and got married at Wyndam Suger Bay. Spent the day at the resort. Then we cruised on to St Maartin. We didnt have to do anything. The resort handled everything. I cant recall how much that bad boy set me back, but it really wasnt that bad. I would HIGHLY recommend it...

We are probably going to do a "destination wedding" too. Girl's family is from Louisiana, and my family is in Chicago and California. Maybe Hawaii or something like that. And then we'll probably have a reception/party type of thing in California for friends and "almost family" types that couldn't make it to the actual wedding.

Small outdoor ceremony in AZ, about 40 attendees. My only brother was best man; it was just him and the maid of honor in the wedding party. Our daughter was the flower girl. It was a great day except the part where my mom took a header 5 minutes prior to the ceremony and broke her arm in 2 places. The families wanted to delay the wedding and take her to the hospital, but she refused to go and sat through the whole thing (we did the speedy version). I could not believe she did that for us, what a tough lady. I still feel bad that she and my dad did not get to enjoy the reception.

Small outdoor ceremony in AZ, about 40 attendees. My only brother was best man; it was just him and the maid of honor in the wedding party. Our daughter was the flower girl. It was a great day except the part where my mom took a header 5 minutes prior to the ceremony and broke her arm in 2 places. The families wanted to delay the wedding and take her to the hospital, but she refused to go and sat through the whole thing (we did the speedy version). I could not believe she did that for us, what a tough lady. I still feel bad that she and my dad did not get to enjoy the reception.

Typical Small Town Texas, Church Wedding, Beer & Bar-B-Que at the American Legion Hall.

Your Mom should be applauded for her Emmitt Smith like performance. It does suck that she missed the reception but her staying for the ceremony with a badly broken arm is an awesome story.

I can't believe how many Brainless Idiots will sit there with a crying baby and smile like it's so cute.....had prolly 5 kids screaming....no chance of hearing the vows & stuff.....couldn't figure if i was just getting old and it got to me or should they have stopped and made an announcement to... :D Get The F... OUT.... :D ...people used to at least drag the kids to the back or out of sight..... :D .....

Edited by nuke'em ttg

I can't believe how many Brainless Idiots will sit there with a crying baby and smile like it's so cute.....had prolly 5 kids screaming....no chance of hearing the vows & stuff.....couldn't figure if i was just getting old and it got to me or should they have stopped and made an announcement to... :D Get The F... OUT.... :D ...people used to at least drag the kids to the back or out of sight..... :D .....

I can top that - we were married about 20 feet from the main river, and right in the middle of our vows, some yahoo on a boat comes by and blasts his air horn. I almost shot him the finger, which would have probably made a nice wedding photo ("Oh, and this is right before Dave said 'I do' and was shooting the bird at some guy on a boat")

Our actual wedding was quite small - about 50 in attendance.

We sent out 600+ invitations to the reception - not sure how many came but it was a long night.

That's a great idea. No one wants to attend the ceremony anymore and you recognized that.

I was married in small-town Michigan with reception in Midland, MI with only 50 people in attendance. Most of the people involved were from Ohio, but I was married in my father's church so it was worth the 12 or 15k it set me back.

'Course if I had to do it again, I'd do Vegas.

We had about 230 people at a big Art Gallery in Downtown St. Louis. Sit down dinner... everyone had at least 3 bottles of wine at their table. No kids were invited except those in the wedding party. :D

How many trips through the buffet line did FAMOH make?

Just got hitched this past feb. Got married right on the beach in Delray Beach, FL. Perfect weather with aoubt 50 people of so in attendance. No DJs, dancing or anything over the top. Had dinner afterwards at a very nice restaurant right next to the beach. It was great! With the officiant/photographer (same person), food and drinks (not including the clothing we wore) it only set us back about $3K. We had a great time, but if I had to do it again... Vegas baby!