[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Terrell Owens and the Dallas star

TecmoBeast

TO kick's f*cking a$$. He's the greatest.

He could have been - with a dose of humility & some appreciation that everything he's accomplished is attributable not only to himself but to his team mates as well.

Instead, he'll be remembered as a great WR who diminished his on-field accomplishments by wrecking very team he's ever played for.

WHAT??? a load of crap ... TO did it for TO. Did god say to get the sharpie? Did god say to get the pom poms?

As far as Dallas looking for reasons to make this joker a good guy comment ... :D ... are you serious?

TO is wearing a star on the side of his helmet so when he scores you cheer for the star not for the joker wearing it.

Go Cowboys!! Flock TO!!

WHAT??? a load of crap ... TO did it for TO. Did god say to get the sharpie? Did god say to get the pom poms?

As far as Dallas looking for reasons to make this joker a good guy comment ... :D ... are you serious?

TO is wearing a star on the side of his helmet so when he scores you cheer for the star not for the joker wearing it.

Go Cowboys!! Flock TO!!

Don't you feel kinda dirty as a Cowboys fan this season? (I mean more then usual) Any win, as long as TO is healthy, is tainted by TO.

Some are saying Reggie Bush is the next coming of Christ, in cleats.

:D You sound a little bitter.

I'm not a Niner fan. I'm not a Eagles fan. I'm not a Cowboys fan.

The guys an a$$clown and outraged Cowboy fans a few years ago are trying to make excuses for him today for defiling the star. Period.

I'm not a Niner fan. I'm not a Eagles fan. I'm not a Cowboys fan.

The guys an a$$clown and outraged Cowboy fans a few years ago are trying to make excuses for him today for defiling the star. Period.

Don't $hit on the Cowboy fans when this was an article from a news paper. This was more than likely a paid for story. Do you really think that any intelligent fan will just believe anything that is put down in print? This article was so off the wall that everyone has to question it. Some schmo writer was just trying something new to get his name noticed and it seems to be working. No fan likes their house defiled but fans don't have a say in who the team management will hire. They can only put pressure after the fact...isn't anyone in business? TO is a jerk and it is doubtful that will change but lets not throw the fans under the bus for something management and a writer did.

Of course I didn't say ALL Cowboy fans. But are denying that there are a fair portion of the Dallas media and fanbase that are trying to say "this is the new, misunderstood TO"? If so, just go re-read pg 1 of this thread.

Die hard Boys fans should be outraged at his signing, not making excuses for nor excited about what the new, imprived TO can do for the team.

This sounds like a load of Dallas-revisionist crap. Dallas fans are trying to find reasons to pretend that act was OK, so now they wanna paint it as a misunderstood, praise to god moment. GTF out of here. All TO was praising was himself, and you Dallas fans excusing that act should be ashamed of yourselves.

The man sh1t in your house, now you're welcoming back for dinner.

I dont see any Cowboys fans, in this thread at least, defending him or buying this crap story

Edited by whomper

Have I mistaken Brentastic as a Dallas fan? My bad, if he isn't, then this thread might not have any Dallas fans defending him. Just a dopey story by a dopier Dallas beat writer.

:D Bears fan.

Cowboys | Owens's celebration may have been inspired by team chaplain

Thu, 13 Jul 2006 17:45:47 -0700

Jean-Jacques Taylor, of the Dallas Morning News, reports former San Francisco 49ers receivers coach George Stewart wants to set the record straight on WR Terrell Owens' celebratory dance during the 2000 season at Texas Stadium. The Dallas Cowboys wide receiver was playing for the 49ers back then. Stewart said team chaplain Earl Smith might have played a role in the celebration. The day before the game, the 49ers had just completed a walk-through practice at Texas Stadium. "The chaplain began talking about Roger Staubach and how the Cowboys were God's Team and America's Team," Stewart said. "Then he asked Terrell if he knew why there was a hole in the roof. He didn't, so the chaplain told him that it was so God could look down on the Cowboys. "He said, 'If you score, go to the star and let God see you. Look up to the sky and praise God.' "If you'll look at a replay, you'll see that he runs to the star, looks right up, praises God and then leaves the field." WR J.J. Stokes said the chaplain asked him to go to the star as well if he scored a touchdown. The next day, the 49ers suspended Owens for a week. That essentially ended his relationship with head coach Steve Mariucci because he thought the coach should have supported him.

never realized this, doesn't sound that bad if this information was known

This sounds like something spun by Jerry Jones or some PR lackey. I'm sure it converted the remaining Cowboy fans to the T.O. camp, if any were still on the fence. If they win a SB, they'll rename Fort Worth after him I'm sure. Fort T.O. Haha...

But even if the above is true, what T.O. did in Philly is unforgivable. I happen to agree that McNabb pulled one of the biggest chokes in the history of sports, but a teammate doesn't throw his QB under the bus like that. Ever. I could cite other things he's done but that really says a lot about his character IMO.