[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does S. Alexander scare anyone else this year?

GoNads

This guy has so many negatives coming into this year that it scares me to death. I have the number three pick and the first two guys already said they're taking LJ and LT2 respectively. Shaun will fall in my lap but do I really want him?

1) Madden jinx

2) SI jinx

3) Super Bowl loser hangover

4) Signed a huge contract

5) Lost S. Hutchinson

6) League MVP- can you say bulleye?

You have to take him at three if he's there. Still has an easy schedule and has been very consistent over the past 5 years but I'm feeling some bad Karma about this guy.

Anyone else feel the same or should I just shut up and be happy I'll get him at three?

This guy has so many negatives coming into this year that it scares me to death. I have the number three pick and the first two guys already said they're taking LJ and LT2 respectively. Shaun will fall in my lap but do I really want him?

1) Madden jinx

2) SI jinx

3) Super Bowl loser hangover

4) Signed a huge contract

5) Lost S. Hutchinson

6) League MVP- can you say bulleye?

You have to take him at three if he's there. Still has an easy schedule and has been very consistent over the past 5 years but I'm feeling some bad Karma about this guy.

Anyone else feel the same or should I just shut up and be happy I'll get him at three?

Alexander got what he wanted, his "piece of the pie." He's doomed. :D

I actually have him on my fantasy team again this year and predict he'll come up with obviously less numbers than last year, but in terms of yardage and TD's I think he'll do about 1,600 yards and 16 TD's. At his very worst, he'll probably put up around 1,400 yards and maybe 14 TD's... but that's not very likely considering where the Seahawks are at as a whole this year. He'll dominate just like the Seahawks! :D

On a side note, considering I contradicted myself with Alexander being 'doomed' as well as the thoughts (hopes) that he does well; yes, I am a little worried about where his game will be this year.

This guy has so many negatives coming into this year that it scares me to death.

Negatives or perceived negatives?

He is coming off a career year in what was already a stellar career. Is he going to continue to get better or has the zenith been reached?

Everyone is looking for something bad involving the top 3. Looking so hard that they're over-looking the fact that these guys are far and away the most likely guys to produce great FF numbers again this season.

If you don't like Alexander, draft Barber at #3, draft Portis, draft Brown, James, Jackson, whoever.....no one's forcing you to do anything.

Seriously?? jinxes, hangovers & lacking motivation??? Please.....

Ridiculous- guy is the most dependable back in the NFL. He may not duplicate last years #'s- but he is either

#1 or #2- anyone who doesn't take him there is a moron.

I think LT has alot more possible problems, downside thatn SA, namely ON THE FIELD, football related issues- i.e.- sh1t rookie QB and a weak line.

Thant being said I want to be in the top 3 picks, no question.

I still think it is funny when people call Rivers a Rook........

As apposed to proven NFL starter??

He is rookie QB in the NFL anyway you want to slice it, and he will be until week oh 13.......

when da Bolts are 4-8 & Rivers has more INTs than TD's.

i like alexander in a more stable seattle system vs. san diego. you certainly like him playing for a big contract (last year) vs. sitting on one (this year). even with that, however, he is as solid as they come and worthy of the 2nd or 3rd pick. i think you take him here no question and move on to other harder choices you will have to make.

Guest ksu70

Can you name any other player on the board that has a more proven track record & no negatives? The guy has been a machine and will be solid this year as well. Take him, be thankful, and worry about who your next picks are going to be.

2006-07 schedule: Detroit, Arizona x 2, St. Loius x 2, Minnesota, Kansas City, SANFRAN x2, GreenBAY

Madden cover or not I could probably rush for 100yds against these teams (no I couldn't but you get the idea) Shawn will be huge again this year. I'd take him over LT and LJ!!

No. Not worried at all. Whatever risks associated with Alexander are less so than pretty much every other RB you could draft in the 1st round. Alexander is not a sure thing; but no one is.

Edited by yo mama

Guys,

I have the same worries. Here's my dilemma. I play in an Auction Style keeper league, where we keep only 1 player. Our salary cap is $300.00 and the player that you "keep" you have to pay 50% of what he was paid for during last years draft or what you paid to pick him up in Free Agency. I paid $82.00 for SA last year. I picked up Donovan McNabb in free agency on week #16 for $2.00 with the thought that I might use him as my keeper for this year.

I can have Shawn Alexander this year and start my draft with $259.00 left to spend (23 roster spots) or keep Donovan McNabb for $1.00 and have $299.00 left to spend. I am definately leaning towards keeping SA because running backs are at such a premium this year but the thought of starting with McNabb in my line-up with virtually all my money intrigues me as well. I have to admit that I am buying into this SA "bad karma" stuff a little bit too. What would you do if you were me? :D

I have the same dilemma as Gonads here. # 3 pick, but its also the inaugural draft of a new keeper league.

Won't bore with all the league details, essentially do you still pick Alexander if he falls to you, or take a younger back like Portis....

Myself, Im leaning towards Portis.

Didn't anyone see my previous post about SA's schedule????????? :D:D:D:D

Good point - I wonder if any of those D's will be improved this year.

More importantly are Alexander's week 14-16 matchups (this goes for anyone picking up Hasselbeck too):

Most FF playoffs

Wk 14: Arizona

Wk 15: 49ers

Wk 16: Chargers

Something tells me these teams defenses won't make 'drastic' changes from last year, but I guess for the sake of protecting my words, anything is possible.

Guest ksu70

Guys,

I have the same worries. Here's my dilemma. I play in an Auction Style keeper league, where we keep only 1 player. Our salary cap is $300.00 and the player that you "keep" you have to pay 50% of what he was paid for during last years draft or what you paid to pick him up in Free Agency. I paid $82.00 for SA last year. I picked up Donovan McNabb in free agency on week #16 for $2.00 with the thought that I might use him as my keeper for this year.

I can have Shawn Alexander this year and start my draft with $259.00 left to spend (23 roster spots) or keep Donovan McNabb for $1.00 and have $299.00 left to spend. I am definately leaning towards keeping SA because running backs are at such a premium this year but the thought of starting with McNabb in my line-up with virtually all my money intrigues me as well. I have to admit that I am buying into this SA "bad karma" stuff a little bit too. What would you do if you were me? :D

Sounds like you have already talked yourself out of picking Alexander and you just need the warm and fuzzies from other people. Not me. Take Alexander.

I have the same dilemma as Gonads here. # 3 pick, but its also the inaugural draft of a new keeper league.

Won't bore with all the league details, essentially do you still pick Alexander if he falls to you, or take a younger back like Portis....

Myself, Im leaning towards Portis.

Now that's a tough call. I might even look at Ronnie Brown or S Jax in that case.

Edited by KUBJPO01

All you guys who are "AFRAID" ( :D ) to draft Alexander the Great at number 3, then play it safe and take Manning ( :D ) I am sure the guy drafting 4th will love you and might even buy you a beer !!!! ( :D )...... Sorry about the sarcasm...but IMO and in any order that they may fall, SA,LT and LJ are far ahead of whoever is at #4.... Take the leftovers and don't even think about it.... a bigger dilema would be if you HAD to decide between any of these 3...with the 1st or 2nd pick.

Look... I have the first pick in my draft and I am even toying with the idea of taking Shaun over LJ. If I had the third pick, it would be alot easier. I would take Shaun and laugh all the way to the playoffs. But alas, I don't have the third, I have the first. So, do I take LJ or Shaun? I will figure it out soon I hope.

So, IMHO take Shaun.