[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any Bobby Engram believers here?

Randall

I got him as a FA in 3 leagues and now after cutdowns still have him. I like DJax and Burleson, but jackson is a question mark and Burleson lets too many balls get away, perfectly throw ones at that.

He needs to go after the ball and catch with his hands agressively instead of letting it come to his body. Too many balls are broken up that he should catch.

And last I heard DJax gas an abnormal muscle mass in his thigh. What? :D

I love Engram this year, I think he has a good thing with Hasselback. I heard on TV during one of Seattle's preseason games that Engram is having a great camp and the Hawks are expecting a HUGE year from him. Engram has great hands and as a slot receiver, has the ability to elude defenses and find the seams.

He will be the best receiver (statwise) this year for the Hawks in my opinion.

I think he's a decent WR4 but his upside is somewhat limited because he won't score many touchdowns regardless of whether he's starting or in the slot. He's a much better player in leagues that give pts./reception.

I think you could use him as a solid #3 against weaker opponents, but I agree, his upside has to limited for the sheer fact that he is a 3rd-down player.

Now, if DJ is out for any length of time, or if Burleson underachieves, then I might bump him up a notch.

He may also see more "possession-type" receptions early in the year with Jeremy Stevens out.

I think you could use him as a solid #3 against weaker opponents, but I agree, his upside has to limited for the sheer fact that he is a 3rd-down player.

Now, if DJ is out for any length of time, or if Burleson underachieves, then I might bump him up a notch.

He may also see more "possession-type" receptions early in the year with Jeremy Stevens out.

He was inconsistent last year even with Djax out. Now as the #3 option, I don't want any part of him.

I think it's possible that he'll have a great year. I had him last year, and he basically sat on my bench for most of the season because it seemed like hasselbeck was throwing to everyone but Engram. But at the end of the season, he suddenly took off and got 2 or 3 TDs. He helped me win the SB in my league. I also like that he's been having a great camp. I didn't draft him, but I definitely plan to keep an eye on him as a possible pickup.

Nah - maybe as an emrgency fill in at WR3, but week to week he is not gonna produce. He never scores TD's, and both Burleson & DJax are gonna get majority of the looks. An Engram boxscore is gonna be

3-29 - an excellent game he may throw up a 5-57 - low ceiling

I dunno about you but he ain't crackin my lineup.

He was inconsistent last year even with Djax out. Now as the #3 option, I don't want any part of him.

No, He was injured. There's a difference. If you recall Engram was in the top 5 receivers in the league up until he got hurt LY.

Engram has looked great so far this pre-season, & was voted the Seahawks best player in training camp by a few of the local beat writers.

To answer your question Randall, Engram is a great bet week in/week out in reception leagues AS A BYE WEEK FILL IN, as he is Hasselbeck's preferred go to when things get rough. He will never be a #1 or #2 WR , but always earn something for you, & rarely disappears for games at a time. Stevens being out only improves his usefulness.

That being said, He won't be racking up the TD's, he may get 5 or 6 tops. I believe Burleson will be the big performer in that dept.

Edited by Bonehand

An Engram boxscore is gonna be

3-29 - an excellent game he may throw up a 5-57 - low ceiling

Uhhh, NO. I thought you were a Hawk fan. Do you actually WATCH any Seahawks games?

Last Year

VS Rec/Yards

@JAC 8 79

ATL 5 77

ARI 5 54

@WAS 9 106

@STL Did not play

HOU Did not play

DAL Did not play

Bye week

@ARI 3 28

STL 6 70

@SF 6 93

NYG 6 34

@PHI 3 34

SF 6 65

@TEN 6 95

IND 1 13

@GB 3 30

So to clarify the record, Last season Engram AVERAGED 5 reception for 60 yards a game. He had less than 5 receptions only 4 times, & 3 of those (PHI, IND, GB) were games where he didn't play the whole game, as the starters were pulled early.

Edited by Bonehand

Why do you think that the #3 would be better against weaker opponents? If the oppent is weaker the #1 & #2 would be open and #3 would get less passes.

...Hasselbeck's preferred go to when things get rough.

As Bonehand stats they went to Engram when the going got tough. To me this means when the #1 & #2 are not doing anything and they need to get the offense going.

I still see him as a bye-week fill-in at best. I like him, but I just don't think he's got the ability to produce consistently.

I'm a big believer in Engram, for sure. And anyone with D-Jax on their roster should seriously considering adding Engram, bench space permitting. Granted, Engram does not pull down many TDs. But in PPR leagues he'll pull his weight.

Edited by yo mama

We're talking about Bobby Engram here, the wideout who has never had even 1000 yards in a season and has 28 touchdowns after ten years in the league and who turns 34 at the end of the year. He had 778 yards last year on 67 catches which was his best over the last six years. That only happened too because Jackson was out for ten games.

Engram started 13 games last year thanks to dumping Robinson and losing Jackson. For the five years prior to that he never started more than 7 games in a year. He was in the perfect scenario in 2005 and could not remain healthy or top 778 yards.

His five scores came in four games last year which were all during Jackson's absence and three came against SF over two games. His production paled against Jurevicius.

When have the Seahawks done anything with a slot receiver really? With their schedule, how often will they even bother with a three wideout set?

Burleson was brought in at great cost to tandem with Jackson and when Jackson is out, Burleson would be the primary beneficiary. Engram is in the twilight of his career and couldn't hold up last year when the Seahawks ran out of wideouts. The only thing running in Engram's favor here is Jackson's potential health problems (given recent history) and Jerramy Stevens being out but that doesn't equate to a lot for Engram, at least noting more than we saw last year when he was a year younger.

Engram may have been awarded the best training camp player, but he's getting over the hill, never has done much in his ten year career and particularly in the last six years and couldn't produce more than the equivalent of a fantasy WR4 or WR5 last year in the most perfect scenario he could have hoped for. It just seems optimistic to expect anything more this year than 2005 with Burleson there now.

Uhhh, NO. I thought you were a Hawk fan. Do you actually WATCH any Seahawks games?

Last Year

VS Rec/Yards

@JAC 8 79

ATL 5 77

ARI 5 54

@WAS 9 106

@STL Did not play

HOU Did not play

DAL Did not play

Bye week

@ARI 3 28

STL 6 70

@SF 6 93

NYG 6 34

@PHI 3 34

SF 6 65

@TEN 6 95

IND 1 13

@GB 3 30

So to clarify the record, Last season Engram AVERAGED 5 reception for 60 yards a game. He had less than 5 receptions only 4 times, & 3 of those (PHI, IND, GB) were games where he didn't play the whole game, as the starters were pulled early.

I do wtch the games- thanks for that. LAST YEAR- why dooes everyone spit out prior years stats????

Engram's #'s are inflated bc he spent the majority of the year at WR1 or WR2- which will not be the case this year- I stand by my 2006#'s for BE as the 3rd WR.

let's see- '05 saw DJax hurt for a good portion of the year

and while JJ turned into a nice #2 it was only after DJax forced the change- it took a while for him to produce.

This year, with DJax, Nate as a nice #2, Mili/Stevens at TE- I just don't see it happening. And I don't see enough out of BE to crack my lineup. If you see the value of a 3rd WR in your lineup, then by all means go for it. If I was playing you, and saw BE in your lineup, I would love it.

His five scores came in four games last year which were all during Jackson's absence and three came against SF over two games. His production paled against Jurevicius.

:D

Generally speaking, considering Engram didn't play in Weeks 5, 6, 7, or 8, that overall impression isn't *too* shocking.

However, Engram scored 3 TDs last year (not 5), and while he did score 2 of those TDs versus SF in Week 14 Engram scored no TDs verus SF in Week 11.

Moreover, in PPR leagues Engram's bottom-line fantasy production was identical to Jurevicius' in Weeks 9-17. While Jurevicius scored 6 TDs to Engram's 3, Engram hauled in 10 more receptions and 87 more yards. In a standard scoring system they each averaged 11.5 points per game during that 9 week span.

Granted, in leagues that did not award points per receptions Joe J. was about the 22nd most productive WR in Weeks 9-17, whereas Engram was only about 34th. So Engram's value (which at best is a #4 or #5 bench receiver in a 12+ team league) is highly dependant on your scoring system.

Edited by yo mama

as much as a homer I am, I dont think I would want him on my fantasy team. You can get better.

I dunno. I agree that his top-end value is capped at a very moderate level. But if D-Jax (or Burleson) miss any time, in PPR leagues Engram is a legit spot-starter. Case in point: he was tied (with Jerry Porter) for having the 27th highest points per game of all WRs last year. And I think we can all agree that kind of production belongs on someone's roster in a 12+ team league.

Not a sexy pick, and certainly contingent on injuries ahead of him, but I think he's worth keeping on your radar until D-Jax's health is straightened out one way or the other. And (pardon my dead horse beating) D-Jax owners should consider adding Engram, just in case, assuming no better stand-alone WR is readily available.

Edited by yo mama

Bobby Engram is my FAVORITE Seahawk, and his jersey is my go-to big game jersey. He is as good at what he does as any player in the league. If fantasy football awarded points for fewest drop percentage or third down conversions, Bobby would be a very startable fantasy football player. They are not, and the fact is, there are not enough balls to go around for any Seahawk receiving option other than Darrell Jackson for any of them to be consistent. Whatever other option the opposing defense doesn't focus on ends up having a big week. Bobby will have big weeks, but too often nowadays other teams take him away, leaving Burleson (Jurevicius) and Stevens open for the #'s.

If fantasy football awarded points for fewest drop percentage or

he has 3 this pre season, and dropping the game tying touchdown in the ST. Louis wild card game in 2004 doesnt help his rep. But he is an awesome player and a great team leader.

D.J. Hackett-WR- Seahawks Sep. 1 - 1:12 am et

Seahawks WR D.J. Hackett caught seven passes for 60 yards, including a 12-yard touchdown catch, Thursday night.

He might get the start if Darrell Jackson (knee) is unable to play in Week 1. Bobby Engram is better suited for the slot.

Wasn't it two years ago when Engram dropped a pass in the endzone that would have sent the Hawks to the SB? (it could have been to the playoffs, my memory is hazy) I could have made that catch.

Your memory is hazy all right. Hass forced that pass into double coverage, BEHIND Engram, who was sliding on the ground.

That was not in any way an easy catch to make, & you will find few Hawk fans who will blame Engram for that one.

We're talking about Bobby Engram here, the wideout who has never had even 1000 yards in a season and has 28 touchdowns after ten years in the league and who turns 34 at the end of the year. He had 778 yards last year on 67 catches which was his best over the last six years. That only happened too because Jackson was out for ten games.

Engram started 13 games last year thanks to dumping Robinson and losing Jackson. For the five years prior to that he never started more than 7 games in a year. He was in the perfect scenario in 2005 and could not remain healthy or top 778 yards.

When have the Seahawks done anything with a slot receiver really? With their schedule, how often will they even bother with a three wideout set?

Burleson was brought in at great cost to tandem with Jackson and when Jackson is out, Burleson would be the primary beneficiary. Engram is in the twilight of his career and couldn't hold up last year when the Seahawks ran out of wideouts. The only thing running in Engram's favor here is Jackson's potential health problems (given recent history) and Jerramy Stevens being out but that doesn't equate to a lot for Engram, at least noting more than we saw last year when he was a year younger.

Engram may have been awarded the best training camp player, but he's getting over the hill, never has done much in his ten year career and particularly in the last six years and couldn't produce more than the equivalent of a fantasy WR4 or WR5 last year in the most perfect scenario he could have hoped for. It just seems optimistic to expect anything more this year than 2005 with Burleson there now.

Why do you bother us with facts? :D