[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints -Falcons

HowboutthemCowboys

Two thoughts on this game...

For all the abuse we send Vick's way, the Atlanta wide receivers are just awful. When Vick does make a good pass, it is for naught.

New Orleans didn't use to have a noticeable home field advantage. But now that the fans, and their city, have been through their great ordeal, the Superdome is certainly a more fiery place tonight. It will be interesting to see if this is a one time thing or a trend. But I'm thinking the character of this home field has changed.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You could go through the play-by-play and count if it comes down to it.

But they do have those #s somewhere on the main site; I'll be damned if I can remember where, though... :D

Two thoughts on this game...

For all the abuse we send Vick's way, the Atlanta wide receivers are just awful. When Vick does make a good pass, it is for naught.

New Orleans didn't use to have a noticeable home field advantage. But now that the fans, and their city, have been through their great ordeal, the Superdome is certainly a more fiery place tonight. It will be interesting to see if this is a one time thing or a trend. But I'm thinking the character of this home field has changed.

The WR's do suck. They are young, and have no veterans giving them the tutelage the so desprately need. Finneran is about all they've got to show them how it should be done. They need a quality vet...... that and a QB that can hit the side of the barn!!

Edited by millerx

:D

Naw... I think the Saints must have done their research: Stop the Falcons running game and you stop the Falcons.

It's that simple. :D

Do ya think the Panthers and the Bucs didn't do the same research and come to the same conclusion? Easier said than done...tonight was a little different situation. I don't think there is a team in the NFL that wouldn't have had a hard time winning tonight. The Saints were really, really,really fired up for this one!

Do ya think the Panthers and the Bucs didn't do the same research and come to the same conclusion? Easier said than done...tonight was a little different situation. I don't think there is a team in the NFL that wouldn't have had a hard time winning tonight. The Saints were really, really,really fired up for this one!

I don't think the Falcons ran any spread option in pre-season so it probably caught the Panthers by surprise; the Bucs appear to flat-out suck this year.

NO was the first solid team to have tape on the new-look offense. And it wasn't pretty.

True. You also have to remember that the first week or two most teams don't have much game time video to go off of, they have to use either lasts years game plans, or go off what happened during the preseason, which usually doesn't account for much of the real game plan an opponent has. But then again, you'll see many teams either struggle early on offensively during the first few games of the season, but pick things up as the season goes on. In the Falcons case, this just might be the opposite of that.

If I recall correctly, the Falcons usually do well the beginning of most regular seasons, only to suffer more and more as the season moves on. But then again, I don't follow them that closely so I can't be too sure if this is the case. Typically, though, a team that is 1-dimensional with either the running or passing game, but lack the other, most teams can catch onto that pretty quickly and use that to their advantage. Just like we've seen tonight.

I don't think the Falcons ran any spread option in pre-season so it probably caught the Panthers by surprise; the Bucs appear to flat-out suck this year.

NO was the first solid team to have tape on the new-look offense. And it wasn't pretty.

They have lead the NFL in rushing the last 2 years, and are leading again this year. Spread offense or no, they are a rushing team that is hard to stop. 2 years ago, they went to the NFC Championship, last year they were 6-2 (before going 2-6) because they really had the injury bug. It's not an excuse, I'm just saying this is one game that was really hard for ANY team to win. They have (normally) a strong defense and a good rushing game, 2 things a playoff team needs. The spread offense is only a portion the rushing attack. Trust me, this is only a speed bump, and only because of the "event" that it was.

Just wanted to poke my nose in here real quick and give a shout out to the Saints fans.

Your boys came out fired up and never let up. Good looking team and congrats on a solid win on both sides of the ball. :D

Now let me go find some quite place where I can have a good :D

Congrats to all of you! Great effort, and a great beginning to really get the crowd into it (as if they needed any help!)

Truthfully, I am thinking the Saints are a borderline playoff team...I still say the Panthers will rebound and win the division, but you guys have wild card written all over it...before this game, I thoguht you guys were just off to a great start, but now I think you are much improved and will be a force in the NFC...

You all should be very proud! :D:D

Congrats to all of you! Great effort, and a great beginning to really get the crowd into it (as if they needed any help!)

Truthfully, I am thinking the Saints are a borderline playoff team...I still say the Panthers will rebound and win the division, but you guys have wild card written all over it...before this game, I thoguht you guys were just off to a great start, but now I think you are much improved and will be a force in the NFC...

You all should be very proud! :D:D

That's possible, especially considering Steve Smith's return. But if the Saints go into next weeks game with the same mind-set as they did against the Falcons, and stop the 1-dimensional Panthers (i.e. Smith's WR ability), then the Panther's don't stand a chance. As of right now, the Saints look like a pretty strong playoff team to me. :lol:

Hurray .... :D .....Vick was Vick.........thanks MVP Challenge for making me hate that herpe again...... :D

Didn't get a chance to watch the game and just going by the stats huh?

What the stats don't tell you, are all the drops by the WR's & TE. If you get a chance to watch it, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Didn't get a chance to watch the game and just going by the stats huh?

What the stats don't tell you, are all the drops by the WR's & TE. If you get a chance to watch it, you'll see what I'm talking about.

i watched the game & think the blanket coverage had more to do with the drops then bad hands.....dipoh poopy did his usual scramble and would throw a dart at someones knee.....at least Bobby Douglas would fire a bullet into a receivers gut.....VICK IS NOT A QB......and ya the stats work the same for everyone.....

A non Deuce owner might say they are trying to get Bush, who has been huge in that city since he was drafted, his first NFL TD in his first home game. I think it was fine. Deuce and Horn have scored many TD's in their NO careers. Sometimes we need to not judge everything by our fantasy teams.

I have Bush and Deuce in a BOTH homer league.I thought it was terrible.You have to give the ball to the player you feel has the best chance to get it in the endzone.You only get so many chances to put a "nail in the coffin".Ask Philly after week 2.