[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can we agree that Bush is a bust?

Bronco Billy

im telling you guys, just give bush one nfl offseason to bulk up some and gain experience, and he will become a great back. willie parker put on about 10 or so pounds in the offseason has become one of the premiere backs in the league, running with a lot more power than last year. not only that, but give him some time to mature. he has all that speed and doesnt know how to handle it yet. i cant believe people were calling him a bust so quickly.

Yeah before he even played. He is starting to use his blockers and dancing less in the backfield. I think he'll continue getting better.

Houston should have drafted Bush or Vince Young.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO is using him very proficiently now. they get him the ball in space.

as far as being a prototypical RB though, he hasn't shown that ability YET. he will in time. for now though he's a big play waiting to happen in the passing game.

but please, no more comparisons to LT2 or Barry Sanders until he carries it 20 times out of the backfield.

I love guys who think a player has proven he is a bonafide stud when the player puts together 2 consecutive good to great games after spending a prolonged stretch being nothing short of mediocre or worse.

How easily some have forgotten that in the previous 6 games before his past 2 games, Bush was averging 31 ypg rushing, 30 ypg receiving, and had as many INTs as he had TDs.

Michael Vick, anyone?

I love guys who think a player has proven he is a bonafide stud when the player puts together 2 consecutive good to great games after spending a prolonged stretch being nothing short of mediocre or worse.

How easily some have forgotten that in the previous 6 games before his past 2 games, Bush was averging 31 ypg rushing, 30 ypg receiving, and had as many INTs as he had TDs.

Read the title of the thread? Reads "is" not "was" a bust. Can recall way back when many thought Maroney was such a great back and so much better than Bush. FF wise give me Bush.

Read the title of the thread? Reads "is" not "was" a bust. Can recall way back when many thought Maroney was such a great back and so much better than Bush. FF wise give me Bush.

:D

FF wise, you can have Bush. I'll take Maroney in a heartbeat in a keeper/dynasty league.

And please don't try to educate me on the title of a thread that I created, thanks. I distinctly remember 6 weeks ago when all the Vick psychophants were crawling out from under their rocks to beat their chests gleefully about how great a QB Vick was. I don't see many of them doing much crowing now. I can easily see the same thing happening with the Bush-lovers. Let's see him continue this performance for another 3 weeks & I'll show up here and happily eat crow. Right now - it's nothing more than a run of luck (and a HC who is royally screwing over his workhorse RB to stroke the over-hyped rookie, even though it's not hurting the team as far as wins/losses).

FF wise, you can have Bush. I'll take Maroney in a heartbeat in a keeper/dynasty league.

And please don't try to educate me on the title of a thread that I created, thanks. I distinctly remember 6 weeks ago when all the Vick psychophants were crawling out from under their rocks to beat their chests gleefully about how great a QB Vick was. I don't see many of them doing much crowing now. I can easily see the same thing happening with the Bush-lovers. Let's see him continue this performance for another 3 weeks & I'll show up here and happily eat crow. Right now - it's nothing more than a run of luck (and a HC who is royally screwing over his workhorse RB to stroke the over-hyped rookie, even though it's not hurting the team as far as wins/losses).

He can luck me right to the championships if he wants to. 39 pts last week, 30 pts this week. F yeah, R Bush + Luck = mega-points. Keep em coming you over-hyped rookie bust. I LOVE IT!

Michael Vick, anyone?

BB, please go back & watch this game again because your mind is clearly clouded with your own negativity. Please don't make Reggie have to break any more ankles just to prove you wrong. It's not fair to the players that actually have to be on the field with him. :D

As an every down RB the jury will be out as long as Deuce is there. I'm hoping that will be for a very, very long time. But calling him a bust after the first 6 games is just as much a ridiculous notion as calling him the next coming of Barry Sanders after 2 big games. If you want to call him a glorified 3rd down back then I couldn't argue that, but I will say that if that is what he is then he's going to be the best 3rd down back that ever played the game and he will completely redefine that position.

I'd have to agree with that since next year the job will likely be all Maroney's. Bush will continue to share carries with Deuce and therefore limiting his consistancy.

He can luck me right to the championships if he wants to. 39 pts last week, 30 pts this week. F yeah, R Bush + Luck = mega-points. Keep em coming you over-hyped rookie bust. I LOVE IT!

Don't get me wrong - Bush owners ought to be ecstatic right now with the FF pts he is amassing. The only question is whether he can continue his two game streak of massive FF pts, or will he revert back to 20 yd rushing/20 yd receiving games next week?

And please don't try to educate me on the title of a thread that I created, thanks. I distinctly remember 6 weeks ago when all the Vick psychophants were crawling out from under their rocks to beat their chests gleefully about how great a QB Vick was.

That's smart to try and change the subject to Vick in hopes of getting some anti-Vick posters to hopefully come to your defense to say something so prejudice as to call a rookie a bust after scoring an average 30 points the last two weeks. :D

Don't get me wrong - Bush owners ought to be ecstatic right now with the FF pts he is amassing. The only question is whether he can continue his two game streak of massive FF pts, or will he revert back to 20 yd rushing/20 yd receiving games next week?

I didn't give him much of a shot to do it 2 weeks in a row. If I can hang-on and win this week, he'll have secured me a bye next week, so he can revert back for one week only. Then I'll need him to go off again in weeks 15-17 (yes, we have a week #17 SB :D ). Catch Reggie Catch!!!

I can easily see the same thing happening with the Bush-lovers. Let's see him continue this performance for another 3 weeks & I'll show up here and happily eat crow. Right now - it's nothing more than a run of luck (and a HC who is royally screwing over his workhorse RB to stroke the over-hyped rookie, even though it's not hurting the team as far as wins/losses).

See you in 3 weeks...as if 3 more weeks would determine whether he is a bust or not. :D

And BTW, how do you call 21 carries for 111 yds "royally screwing over his workhorse RB to stroke the over-hyped rookie"? BB, you clearly are talking out of your rear. Deuce will have over 1000 yds this season easily & very possibly put up double-digit TD numbers(has 8 now). He would be the first to tell you that having Bush there is only prolonging his career. Hell, if you watched the game last night you heard what Deuce had to say about having Bush there and how he compared it to when he played with Ricky Williams and you would have seen how Deuce was cheering Bush on when he scored that TD. Do you really think that Deuce thinks the coach is screwing him over?

That's smart to try and change the subject to Vick in hopes of getting some anti-Vick posters to hopefully come to your defense to say something so prejudice as to call a rookie a bust after scoring an average 30 points the last two weeks. :D

Wow! Dat be Funky 2 understand! are you talking about? I describe a potentially analogous situation & you think it's an attempt to bait Vick lovers? There's usually only 5-6 threads on page 1 to get into Vick pissing contests.

Wow! Dat be Funky 2 understand! are you talking about? I describe a potentially analogous situation & you think it's an attempt to bait Vick lovers? There's usually only 5-6 threads on page 1 to get into Vick pissing contests.

Now you know how ridicules your analogy sounded. Please define what you consider a bust. :D

But at 3.2 YPC, those moves might never be as a workhorse back...

Yes, but once again, he has not had an opportunity as a featured RB (getting 20+ carries per game) to get into a groove like most RBs say they need, in order to boost those numbers. Now maybe given the opportunity he would NOT boost those numbers, but to assume that he would not doesn't make any sense to me.

I think you have to give Kubiak a few seasons in Houston before you judge him and his choosing Williams over Bush. Bush is a sexier pick, but if the Texans can establish a presence on defene, improve their line play, and maybe pick up a guy coming out this year or next like, say, Adrian Peterson, then he will look pretty smart.

Yes, but once again, he has not had an opportunity as a featured RB (getting 20+ carries per game) to get into a groove like most RBs say they need, in order to boost those numbers. Now maybe given the opportunity he would NOT boost those numbers, but to assume that he would not doesn't make any sense to me.

:D I don't have an analysis done for this (and don't plan on spending today doing one), but don't COP backs tend to have a higher YPC than primary runners? Primary runners spend a lot more time getting stuffed at the line in those 20+ carries than COP backs do.

Something you're coming up short on in this thread. I have stats & quotes to back me up, the only thing you have is your stubborness & your well-documented history for RB predictions. :D

You know, you're probably right. Most RBs who put up 247 rushing yards in 47 carries over two games love to get pulled at the goal line so that rookie love children can get the TDs while they watch complacently on the sideline.

I'll bow to your acumen since you are so much more privvy to the athletic pysche than I appear to be...