[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can we agree that Bush is a bust?

Bronco Billy

You know, you're probably right. Most RBs who put up 247 rushing yards in 47 carries over two games love to get pulled at the goal line so that rookie love children can get the TDs while they watch complacently on the sideline.

I'll bow to your acumen since you are so much more privvy to the athletic pysche than I appear to be...

Again you show just how much you know. Deuce has been and will continue to be the primary option at the goal line. Very rarely has Bush been put in when they were trying to score on short yardage. Deuce had his goal-line shot last night and would have scored if it had not been for some bogus illegal substitution call and then Mike Karney took in the td because Payton knew Dallas would be keying in on Deuce. Again, Deuce has 8 TDs on the season. Most, if not all of those TDs were in the red zone.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All evidence in the past 2 weeks to the contrary, I suppose?

Can you pay attention to more than just two games? Actually, since Deuce had plenty of carries & opportunities in the red zone last night, can you pay attention to more than just one game?

BB, I really hope you're just fishing because you are really making yourself look silly right now. You have absolutely no basis whatsoever to any of your arguments. So far you've been proven wrong at every turn on the subject matter. I think you ought to just sit out of the conversation for the next few weeks and pray that Bush falls off the earth and/or Deuce somehow has a complete change of heart & somehow turns into TO.

This thread is dumb. Doesn't matter how you define Bush, the guy is obviously a STUD and seems to have the right attitude about the game. I was trying to trade for him around week 6 and regret that I wasn't able to get it done. Can't remember exactly, but I think it might be that I wasn't willing to part with Maroney!

:D I don't have an analysis done for this (and don't plan on spending today doing one), but don't COP backs tend to have a higher YPC than primary runners? Primary runners spend a lot more time getting stuffed at the line in those 20+ carries than COP backs do.

But don't you see... the whole point is, that you don't and can't know. The people trying to claim that Bush is a bust just don't have enough to base that upon IMO. He might end up being a bust (although I seriously doubt it, just by watching the guy juke defenders out of their jocks) but how can you possibly say that he is already a bust with any credibility?

I like Bush as a slash type player in PPR leagues. The Bastages league's rules are 1 1/2 PPR. There he dowes very well.

Bush could re-define RBBC when he lines up at several positions. He out-performs many NFL WR's at this point. If he ever becomes a full time RB as well we may be seeing Marshall Fault re-visited.

He makes a great decoy too. :D

I like Bush as a slash type player in PPR leagues. The Bastages league's rules are 1 1/2 PPR. There he dowes very well.

Bush could re-define RBBC when he lines up at several positions. He out-performs many NFL WR's at this point. If he ever becomes a full time RB as well we may be seeing Marshall Fault re-visited.

He makes a great decoy too. :D

We already are...his name is Brian Westbrook!

:D i wonder how long bronco billy will be on this trip....3 years from now..."you can take your hundred reception, 1800 total yard, 25 TD glorified third down back all day long....i'll take mike bell any day of the week :D"

:bash:

But don't you see... the whole point is, that you don't and can't know. The people trying to claim that Bush is a bust just don't have enough to base that upon IMO. He might end up being a bust (although I seriously doubt it, just by watching the guy juke defenders out of their jocks) but how can you possibly say that he is already a bust with any credibility?

I didn't....I only noted his 3.2 YPC, which is not that good and strikes me as not that good compared to other COP backs.

From watching Reggie, I think the situation he is in is perfect for him to be successful, and it's similar to what he had at USC. There was another guy to pound the ball between the tackles, and Reggie could run outside with the ball or catch the ball and then do his thing in the open field.

Anyone calling him a bust hasn't checked out his 80 catches.

Edited by Caveman_Nick

You are a jackass. You traded Bush for a kicker?

Perhaps but with all the RB depth I have and the fact I wanted the player who got him to win that week and he did I don't feel like an ass of any kind. That trade got me into the playoffs... AND this Jackass is #1 seed in my $4,000 kitty leauge... SO I guess I get the last laugh. :D

Perhaps but with all the RB depth I have and the fact I wanted the player who got him to win that week and he did I don't feel like an ass of any kind. That trade got me into the playoffs... AND this Jackass is #1 seed in my $4,000 kitty leauge... SO I guess I get the last laugh. :D

The winner gets a $4,000 kitty? Rare blue point?

This may seem trivial but, you're in a $4000 league and you can't spell your players names right in your sig........... :D

Edited by RFFL Chump

the thing i really noticed about bush last night and the one or two other times i've watched him this year is how much attention the defense pays to him. there is a definite fear factor there, that makes everything easier for the rest of the team. so that and the fact that gritso billy is obsessed with him are two things bush actually DOES have in common with mike vick.

at this point it makes more sense to look at Bush as a WR. at least in terms of the game itself....and not FF.

Deuce is NO's RB. Bush is an as yet undefined positon player. a good name would be "the receiving back".

i took Maroney over him in my keeper draft.... i don't regret it because i know what Maroney is and that'll he'll get his touches starting next year (hopefully next year). i think Bush will always be hit or miss each week over the next couple years....but he'll win you some games on his own.

The winner gets a $4,000 kitty? Rare blue point?

I'm gona trade it for a Black Lab,,, I hate cats. NO the winner will get about 2K.

This may seem trivial but, you're in a $4000 league and you can't spell your players names right in your sig........... :D

I don't know it its even up to TRIVIAL for me, at this point I'm pretty stoked,,, I'm one of those guys that was so happy when the computer spell checkers came out. I didn't used to be able to spell Engineer now I IS ONE!!! Cant spell worth a shat,, but ask me about Calculus, fluid mechanics or dynamics... Its the numbers thang and computes that got me to 1st seed not spelling. Being from England I didn't know much about football either,,, kind of still don't. Even thought that was a good trade for me.

OK so let's see just for you because I could give a shat, OK think I got it missing, an h and an extra n... But you knew all along that it was Rhodes and Turner... Gee I bet you button your shirts all the way to the top even when you're going to the beach... :bash:

Bet you already cleaned the locker out this year hugh,,, try not to be to bitter,,, boy. :D

Don't let 'em get to you daboz. Sure in hindsight that probably wasn't the best trade, but who cares. You're in the running for the money & that's what matters now, not some trade that happened weeks ago.

For those saying "But all he does is catch passes, I don't see much running", does anyone remember a RB by the name of Larry Centers? :D

I'm gona trade it for a Black Lab,,, I hate cats. NO the winner will get about 2K.

I don't know it its even up to TRIVIAL for me, at this point I'm pretty stoked,,, I'm one of those guys that was so happy when the computer spell checkers came out. I didn't used to be able to spell Engineer now I IS ONE!!! Cant spell worth a shat,, but ask me about Calculus, fluid mechanics or dynamics... Its the numbers thang and computes that got me to 1st seed not spelling. Being from England I didn't know much about football either,,, kind of still don't. Even thought that was a good trade for me.

OK so let's see just for you because I could give a shat, OK think I got it missing, an h and an extra n... But you knew all along that it was Rhodes and Turner... Gee I bet you button your shirts all the way to the top even when you're going to the beach... :clap:

Bet you already cleaned the locker out this year hugh,,, try not to be to bitter,,, boy. :bash:

Not me, but I'm winning without the help of the Tomlinson race horse :D

Just giving you a bit of the crap, my friend............. :D

Edited by RFFL Chump

Don't let 'em get to you daboz. Sure in hindsight that probably wasn't the best trade, but who cares. You're in the running for the money & that's what matters now, not some trade that happened weeks ago.

NO he's a bitter chump, :D Take a look at this post from another thread,, he he he :D

LT and I really wish I had taken him this year with my first pick.... :tup:

:bash:

He's not getting to me nor will he, Vandercrap helped weeks ago, Bush helped take down my division leader and I worked him this week to take the division and the #1 seed.... It's a long story to get where I am now and if anything was different I may be LIKE DA CHUMP,,, cleaning out da locker,,,, 2k or not 2k is the question????

I have so many RB's too Bush wasn't doing much and he cost me a couple of the early games...

I took LT as my first pick,, got laughed at, but now my team is ultra-powerfull. :clap:

For those saying "But all he does is catch passes, I don't see much running", does anyone remember a RB by the name of Larry Centers? :D

FULL BACK