[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Huddle MVP Challenge

RussMan

462. Lots of studs left. Moved up about 500 spots in the last 3 or 4 weeks.

Yes but dont they only play through week 14? Better not sit on all those guys for too long.. especially when stud players are getting hurt each week.

My one big mistake was 2 weeks ago not paying attention and taking a ZERO on Mike Bell.

Yes but dont they only play through week 14? Better not sit on all those guys for too long.. especially when stud players are getting hurt each week.

My one big mistake was 2 weeks ago not paying attention and taking a ZERO on Mike Bell.

Playoffs is weeks 13-16. So having studs left is good. That being said, I will use studs this week in an attempt to stay in the top 500.

9. The Finals: The Finals will run for NFL weeks 13, 14, 15 and 16. During those four weeks, the resulting total scores of each team will be used to determine the final rankings based on highest total points scored. All points accumulated by teams during the first twelve weeks of the season have no bearing on the Finals other than determining the 500 contestants who qualify to advance to the Finals. During these four weeks, team managers will still only be able to start players that they have not yet used in the Regular Season or Finals.

Made a quantum leap this week. Went from 958th to 209th thanks to breaking out a lineup full of studs and a 181.55 score. I thought my ass was grass. I still have a few studs to burn and will use a few of them so I don't pull a hugh blunder and fall out of the top 500.

Last year I easily made the cut but had nothing left for the playoffs.

So this year I was going to use marathon mode but dug too big a hole. After week 1 there were 4435 people in front of me. After week 8 there were still 2682 people in front of me.

So clearly I needed to begin pushing with all I had in week 9 for a shot to make the 500. Saving studs does not good if you aren't in the 500.

Moved up 380 spots in week 9

Moved up 499 spots in week 10

Moved up 868 spots in week 11

Sitting at 936 only 33'ish points out of 500.

Obviously if I make the 500 I won't have anybody left ... moving up 3499 spots since week 1 will do that ...

Edited by Grits and Shins

Last year I easily made the cut but had nothing left for the playoffs.

So this year I was going to use marathon mode but dug too big a hole. After week 1 there were 4435 people in front of me. After week 8 there were still 2682 people in front of me.

So clearly I needed to begin pushing with all I had in week 9 for a shot to make the 500. Saving studs does not good if you aren't in the 500.

Moved up 380 spots in week 9

Moved up 499 spots in week 10

Moved up 868 spots in week 11

Sitting at 936 only 33'ish points out of 500.

Obviously if I make the 500 I won't have anybody left ... moving up 3499 spots since week 1 will do that ...

I did the same thing. Moved up from about 1800 to 800 in 4 weeks. I have burned just about all the studs to do it. Somehow I have the knack this year of getting crummy scores out of a lot of good matchups (i.e. Housh last week). :D

Guest NewbieTewl

Rank 328, first time in the top 500 this year.

Been burning studs since week 8 or so to get from 2600+ to where I am now.

If I can stay in the top 500 I have not much left for the final 4 weeks. :D

On the other hand I have the weekly high score one week, AND that happens to be the best one week performance overall. :D

Playoffs is weeks 13-16. So having studs left is good. That being said, I will use studs this week in an attempt to stay in the top 500.

Well put me down for another rookie or call it lazy mistake.. I thought we only went to week 14? so I have been burning through the remaining studs I have left.... My guess is I hit my peak this week and go downhill from there.... rats... my bad for not taking the time to read the rules carefully.

Next year look out.

I managed to make it into the top 500 last year using the marthon strategy and was of course going with it again this year. I have done terrible this year. I manage to hit every single bad week a player has I believe. I thought I was hitting some good matchups and players would just fall on their faces.

Sitting at 2370 place and I do have studs but it's way too late for me to do anything about it. I'll still fill out the lineup, but it's all for naught. I managed to hit QB's for their low weeks of the year. Last week it was Favre and Colston. Previous hugh scores were Lamont Jordan - 0, David Carr (he gets benched that week), Chcago Defense - 4.00 points :D. Bulger on a bad week. Just overall a poor performance for me this year. I'll have to reevaluate my strategy for next season and see what I can do to better myself.