[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Strong Rumor: Matt Millen to be Fired

Dr. Love

http://werollhard.com/forum/index.php?topi...talpagenumber=0

This same guy had info on the Mike Martz and Donnie Henderson hires before anyone else. Take it for what it's worth.

I hate what Millen has done to Lions football. I guess all of the people who promised that Millen would lead us out of mediocrity were right.

So after he's fired, will the Ford family continue its new strategy of closing operations in the US and moving them to Mexico?

¡Señoras y Señores, Vuestro Lions de Ciudad de México!

:D

(Note: my translation is probably fubar above...:D )

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

I've been waiting for this for years. He's been what's wrong with Detroit for a long time. :D

There's been more than one problem... Wayne Fontes is the best coach the team has had in 50 years. That says a lot about the organization.

So after he's fired, will the Ford family continue its new strategy of closing operations in the US and moving them to Mexico?

(Note: my translation is probably fubar above...:bash: )

There's been more than one problem... Wayne Fontes is the best coach the team has had in 50 years. That says a lot about the organization.

Maybe. But Millen took a team that had been mediocre year in and year out and made them the laughing stock of the NFL. I know it may be hard to remember, but the Lions were 9-7 and a tiebreaker away from making the playoffs the year Millen took over. Five disgusting years later, that seems like the promised land. There may have been less-than-optimal situations in place when Millen took over, but the current disaster in Motown can be laid squarely on the shoulders of Matt Millen.

on the one hand, you see that and say yeah, no brainer, the guy is hands down the worst executive in football, of course they fire him.

but...that's been true several years now, and somehow it's the coaches, the QBs, the bust high first round picks and everyone else BUT millen getting run out of town every year. in other words, they've shown such a moranic loyalty to the guy again and again in the past, you almost have to assume they'll continue until they prove otherwise and actually DO send him out on his ass.

Actually we have had only 1 good coach in my day..and that was Bobby Ross. and what did the Lions do? go to the owner because they did not like Ross defense 1st game plan.

You want to go to the root of my Lions problem you have to go no farther than the Fords themselves. they make the draft picks for the GM's, they side with the players over coaches..what we have is a owner getting to involved problem. until that stops we will continue our dominance over last place. :D

Edited by Doc Holliday

First and Foremost :D for the POSSIBILITY this is true. The myth is ready to be busted, Millen is NOT an exec. CALL IT ALREADY.

I vote the Fords jump into the world of reality TV and have a contest to fill his vacancy. Or help save the Detroit Zoo by allowing a different species to make decisions. Can't be any worse than just letting the Primate exhibit do it for five years.

Edited by Qball86

There's been more than one problem...

When Barry Sanders waited until after the draft to abandon his team, he ripped the hamstrings right out of the Lions legs -- an injury from which the fragile franchise has never recovered. Here's a tip of the hat to Tiki who had the loyalty to give his team (and hence teammates) some advance notice ...

When Barry Sanders waited until after the draft to abandon his team, he ripped the hamstrings right out of the Lions legs -- an injury from which the fragile franchise has never recovered. Here's a tip of the hat to Tiki who had the loyalty to give his team (and hence teammates) some advance notice ...

The team actually improved 3 games when Barry left so no reason to totally blame Barry for the fall. but I agree that Tiki is doing it in a class way . letting the team know early and giving them a chance to fill the shoes is a good thing for the franchise.

When Barry Sanders waited until after the draft to abandon his team . . .

Gimme a break.

Every day, thousands of people make employment decisions in their best interest that are deleterious to their employers, and to some extent, their coworkers. Football players are no different.

Sanders didn't want to play anymore, so he stopped playing. It cracks me up when people get all bent out of shape because he didn't make his decision in accordance with some timetable.

(Note: my translation is probably fubar above...:D )

Very low.

Edited by piratesownninjas

Long overdue but they should have done it last year when they broomed Mariucci. This sucks for Marinelli as you know the new GM will want his own man in that position. I would like to see what Marinelli could do in conjunction with a GM that knows what the hell he's doing.