[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Failure to submit a lineup, and auto reactivations.

allthumbs

for the first eleven weeks of the year the issue of auto reactivation of lineups runs pretty much to form. if a team fails to submit a lineup, then last week's lineup isautomatically reinstated. (even if a reactivated player has a bye. it's a kind of punishment for being so stupid.)

well, it gets trickier when there are thurs games.

some teams have thurs players eligible from the previous week, and some don't. so our rule is: players eligible to be automatically reactivated from the previous week must be declared as "off" or "on" prior to the thurs deadline.

the idea is to prevent someone from sitting on the fence; and then say he's a reactivate if he scores a lot of points, or saying he's off when he doesn't score any, or just a few.

anyway, a failure to declare an eligible player from the previous week as "off" or "on" results in the entire lineup being reactivated prior the thurs game.

how does your league handle reactivates involved in thurs games?

I don't see why auto reactivation would be any different for a Thursday game. Is it the way that your site is set up?

Seems to me that a player from last week is locked in (or out) at the kickoff of his game. Why would you have to declare? And if you have to declare, it really isn't "auto", is it?

Edited by Furd

It's simple, kickoff has happened and no lineup was submitted. Either they start tehir entire lineup form the previous week or they submit a new one with no players from Thursday allowed to start. You have to assume at this point they were intending on NOT starting any players from Mia, Dal, Det, KC, Den or TB.

If you don't set your Thursday lineup, you DONT GET THE PLAYERS...

Typically, our rule is if you don't set the linup the previous week lineup goes in...However, the flaw in that for pre-Sunday games is I could sit back NOT choose my lineup and just see if anyone on Thursday got off...If they didn't I could just go ahead and choose a lineup as if I wasn't considering Thursday games...or if they did get off, I'd just NOT do a lineup and by rule get my previous week lineup.

That won't happen in our league...you have to actively select players on pre-Sunday games for them to be included in your lineup.

In all the leagues I run it is kickoff of the players game they are locked. If a lineup carried over and there was a player in a Thursday game, that player would be in there and couldn't be changed. Could not be added after the fact either. Just as we can't change an early Sunday game player on Sunday night.

In all the leagues I run it is kickoff of the players game they are locked. If a lineup carried over and there was a player in a Thursday game, that player would be in there and couldn't be changed. Could not be added after the fact either. Just as we can't change an early Sunday game player on Sunday night.

Exactly and written the best way. No way to cheat this way and exactly the way all my leagues work. You either activate or deactivate that player before his game or you are stuck with him the exact same way you had him last week.

In other words, if you started Ronnie Brown last week and failed to send in a new line up, he started for you this week. Now if you sent in a line up today then all the Sunday players can be adjusted but not Ronnie Brown.

Exactly and written the best way. No way to cheat this way and exactly the way all my leagues work. You either activate or deactivate that player before his game or you are stuck with him the exact same way you had him last week.

In other words, if you started Ronnie Brown last week and failed to send in a new line up, he started for you this week. Now if you sent in a line up today then all the Sunday players can be adjusted but not Ronnie Brown.

We have our MFL site set up the opposite of that. We use the setting where, Last weeks lineups don't get inserted until after the games are over. That way owners have to go in and take the time to phsyically set a lineup before Thursdays games. It's not like this Thanksgiving thing is new. You want to start a player in a game, just like any other week, you have to go submit a lineup before the kickoff of his game. You can't be bothered to set your lineup before the Thursday games, you don't get to use them. If they want to go in and set a linup on Friday after the Thursday games, well then, the Thursday players will be locked out and you can't use them.

Of course, they can simply not set a lineup at all, then the entire lineup from the previous week would be used, but not just part of it, all of it.

If you don't submit a line-up by kick-off of the first game of the week, your previous weeks line-up remains in tact. Doesn't matter what day of the week the first game falls on.

Same here. Makes it tuff for some Sunday decisions but it's the same rules for everyone.

I definnitely agree with the last few posts. If no lineup is submitted then the previous line up is the one that is used regardless of the day of the games. It's up to the owner to know his team and when they play.

A few years back before we used a website to handle lineups etc I was the commish in my local and the Bubba Franks owner sent in a lineup change on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. He wanted to insert a different TE. He had been starting Franks all year and had him starting the previous week. I e-mailed him back stating "nice try big guy lol but you are stuck with the 1 catch for 8 yds he got for you vs Det Thursday" . Now had he gone off well, he would have gotten the points

In all of my leagues we must have players that play on Thursday marked as active prior to lick-off on Thursday. All Sunday/Monday players can be activated prior to the games on Sunday.

Hey, the LICK off happens at my house :D on every night of the week.

Why would it be any other way?

Well...I don't find it that odd that our league as a whole, prefers our owners are active enough to submit a lineup before the first games of the week are played. :D

5 years ago, we had a situation where an owner who had started a guy on Sunday, that he did not intend on starting on Thursday. He also knew he didn't plan on starting any players on turkey day, so he decided he would set his lineup on Friday, when he had more info on the rest of his team. Didn't figure he had to set a lineup before the thursdays games because he wasn't using any players then. Come Friday, he discovered that player from last sunday was locked into his lineup, per our rules back then, and he was stuck with his score.

He realized his mistake and accepted that, but voiced his concern...why should he have to go in and submit a lineup to announce he's NOT starting a guy this week. He should be setting his lineup to announce who he IS starting.

In the offseason, we discussed this some more and changed our rules. Most agreed, it made more sense to announce to your opponent your intent to start a player before his game, then to announce you're not playing a player.

I think it works either way, your league members just have to be aware of how their league works and submit a lineup accordingly.

We have our MFL site set up the opposite of that. We use the setting where, Last weeks lineups don't get inserted until after the games are over. That way owners have to go in and take the time to phsyically set a lineup before Thursdays games. It's not like this Thanksgiving thing is new. You want to start a player in a game, just like any other week, you have to go submit a lineup before the kickoff of his game. You can't be bothered to set your lineup before the Thursday games, you don't get to use them. If they want to go in and set a linup on Friday after the Thursday games, well then, the Thursday players will be locked out and you can't use them.

Of course, they can simply not set a lineup at all, then the entire lineup from the previous week would be used, but not just part of it, all of it.

Under this scenerio, couldn't you wait until after your Thurs players are done and then either decide to submit a Sun lineup or 'not set a lineup at all' and play your Thurs guys?