[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cutler is a lock to be the next Elway!

I'm Rick James Bitch

Elway was the biggest choker this side of Peyton until TD rolled into town. :D

If you say so. Perhaps I should list the players on O that Elway was saddled with prior to the TD years, or perhaps refer to the Reeves/Phillips coaching style that helped his play so much. To think DEN's failures during that time period were the fault of Elway only points to a complete lack of understanding of football or that someone didn't see Elway play & was just reading other idiotic commentary. That DEN was actually able to get to SBs with the lack of O talent on those teams is plain evidence of how good a QB Elway was.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cutler looked terrible last night, no question. Kind of looked like, um, errr, a rookie making his first start in a game in midseason of the NFL season playing against a division leader...

I'd rather watch that than watch Plummer lead the team to the 5th/6th playoff seed and then watched DEN get crushed in the first round (again).

Don't always agree with you BB, but you're dead spot on here.

If you say so. Perhaps I should list the players on O that Elway was saddled with prior to the TD years, or perhaps refer to the Reeves/Phillips coaching style that helped his play so much. To think DEN's failures during that time period were the fault of Elway only points to a complete lack of understanding of football or that someone didn't see Elway play & was just reading other idiotic commentary. That DEN was actually able to get to SBs with the lack of O talent on those teams is plain evidence of how good a QB Elway was.

The world is coming to an end. This is twice in one thread that I'm agreeing with you. :D

Don't always agree with you BB, but you're dead spot on here.

The world is coming to an end. This is twice in one thread that I'm agreeing with you. :D

Looks like I picked the worng week to stop sniffing glue...

I'm going to have to review my positions here.

:D

One more thing to think about, what AFC team was worth a sh*t during Elways years, before TD got there. I mean hell Buffalo got there 4 yrs in a row at the end of Elways career, before TD cemented a Championship for the Pony's from Mile High. The NFC was completely dominant during that 13 year span, before Denver finally broke though in the Super Bowl

http://superbowl.com/history/recaps

cutler played about as well as jake would've last night. hopefully he gets a little better each game from here.

as far as timmay's stupid argument about elway...dude was 14-8 in the post-season. 5-1 in AFC championships. do those not count as "big games"? the super bowls against the niners and giants, the broncos were just completely overmatched (i believe they were double-digit dogs in both games, and eventhat was being generous to the broncos). can't really hang those on elway, it's like blaming cutler for vandy losing to LSU. the skins superbowl was just some bizzarre meltdown in the NFL space-time continuum....elway wasn't even on the field when the defense was being totally destroyed by timmy f*ckin smith and doug f*ckin williams.

Edited by Azazello1313

Cutler will be fine in a few years...He played like a Rookie last night...which he is. I mean the guy has never taken a snap from the starting center in a real game until last night. I can't imagine that Shanny expected much more from Cutler....except for maybe that sack/interception Cutler threw...but still a Rookie mistake. One thing I have noticed about Denver fans...is that unless the QB is flawless all the time, he sucks. I know this because I have many Denver fans as friends :D (I know) hell even Elway was hated, people don't remember that now because he has retired and won a SB...but I remember how at times he was hated. :D

It's unrealistic to think Cutler will perform like Phillip Rivers, or even Vince Young right now. Give the young lad a break. He's your future and he is going to be a good/great QB. :bash:

pretty much. maybe it would be reasonable to expect him to be the next marc bulger or something. and i think you can win a lot of games if you surround a marc bulger with a good team.

Of course, he could very well be the next Rex Grossman. We won't know how good he's going to be for at least another two years.

but he's not going to be the next Jake Plummer either.

So you don't think he will have a long NFL career as a starting QB?

Teams like to bring young QB's in when they have excellent matchups..and that is what Denver did this week. Cutler looked bad against this bad defense he will probably look even worse next week. he is not ready and they should of stuck with Jake the rest of this year and kept grooming Cutler for next year IMO. IMO it was a mistake my Shanny but when you are talking about 1 of the best coaches in football (like Shanny) then it is hard to argue as the man KNOWS what he is doing. so...we wait for next week.

I'm trying to decide if Cutler looks like Dumb or Dumber. But he sure doesn't look like a winning NFL QB***

***I realize the fact that he looks like a moron has NO bearing on his talent as a QB, I just can't fathom (yet) a Superbowl Championship being won by Forrest Gumps "special" little brother.

When the Bronco players perform an offseason theatre production of "Deliverance", anybody wanna guess what part Cutler plays?

Well if you want to double Stewerts career yards and TD's I suppose you could make this arguement.

Plummer also had double the attempts to Kordell. They are undeniably similar in comp %, TD/INT, and yards per attempt. At least Kordell ran twice as many yards with twice as many TDs.

I know you've got something to prove in this thread that Plummer wasn't a bad QB and that Cutler is... but you're wrong. You can't prove it with numbers, and you can't prove it with logic.

Plummer is a f*$kup at QB. He's not smart, he's not a leader, and he's not accurate unless he's on the run, which is easy to defend... as any team that beats Atlanta can tell you.

Plummer is not the quarterback of the Denver Broncos, and that is an improvement.

+---------------------------------------+-----------------+

| Passing | Rushing |

+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+

| Year TM | G | Comp Att PCT YD Y/A TD INT | Att Yards TD |

| 2002 stl | 7 | 138 214 64.5 1826 8.5 14 6 | 12 -13 1 |

| 2003 stl | 15 | 336 532 63.2 3845 7.2 22 22 | 29 75 4 |

| 2004 stl | 14 | 321 485 66.2 3964 8.2 21 14 | 19 89 3 |

| 2005 stl | 8 | 192 287 66.9 2297 8.0 14 9 | 9 29 0 |

| 2006 stl | 11 | 254 398 63.8 2858 7.2 14 4 | 15 17 0 |

| TOTAL | 55 | 1241 1916 64.8 14790 7.7 85 55 | 84 197 8 |

Seasons among the league's top 10

Pass attempts: 2003-4, 2006-4

Completions: 2003-3, 2004-5, 2006-2

Passing yards: 2003-3, 2004-6, 2006-5

Passing TDs: 2006-9t

Adjusted yards per pass: 2002-1, 2004-7, 2005-7, 2006-6

Marc Bulger is not in the all-time top 50 in any major category.

Postseason data

Please read this fine print before using this data or sending questions or corrections.

Year Opp Result | CMP ATT PYD PTD INT | RSH YD TD

---------------------+--------------------------+-----------------

2003 car L,23-29 | 27 46 332 0 3 | 4 11 0

2004 sea W,27-20 | 18 32 313 2 1 | 3 10 0

2004 atl L,17-47 | 23 35 299 2 1 | 1 4 0

---------------------+--------------------------+-----------------

TOTAL | 68 113 944 4 5 | 8 25 0

i think that bulger might be ambitious at this point.