[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The "Unofficial" Bears/Seahawks Thread

gilthorp

20-3, Hawks. Chicago isn't going to be able to score on Seattle's new found intensity, and Seattle isn't going to give this one away. Keep the Bears with a long field, and don't give up anything to Hester, and this game is over folks. If Shaun gets 75 yards and the Seahawks turn it over less than three times, the Bears cannot win. Grossman couldn't start for the Raiders right now.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20-3, Hawks. Chicago isn't going to be able to score on Seattle's new found intensity, and Seattle isn't going to give this one away. Keep the Bears with a long field, and don't give up anything to Hester, and this game is over folks. If Shaun gets 75 yards and the Seahawks turn it over less than three times, the Bears cannot win. Grossman couldn't start for the Raiders right now.

I am not too sure that Grossman couldn't start for the Raiders ... I mean we are talking about Brooks and Walter here ... they didn't exactly light it up this year.

Seattle will have a harder time going than that.

True, but they were only giving up 83 yards per game prior to week 12 & the loss of Harris, and the Bears are now giving up an average of 103 ypg over the last 6 weeks. That's a HUGH increase, one that I have no doubt SA can exploit.

(Edited to correct math :D )

•The Bears’ run defense was one of the NFL’s best over the final four regular-season games, allowing an average of 80.5 yards per game, the NFL average is 117.3.

:D

•The Bears’ run defense was one of the NFL’s best over the final four regular-season games, allowing an average of 80.5 yards per game, the NFL average is 117.3.

Yea I don't see SA getting a 100 yards....

The Bears’ run defense was one of the NFL’s best over the final four regular-season games, allowing an average of 80.5 yards per game, about 50 percent less than the NFL average of 117.3.

Yeah, cute. I like how your article uses a smaller sample set to make his point, conveniently choosing to omit the MIN game the week before where the Bears gave up 192 yards rushing.

Lets break it down. As I said, last 6 games since Harris got hurt, numbers from NFL.com:

NE 85

MIN 192

STL 101

TB 61

DET 72

GB 97

= 608 total yards/6 games = an average of 101 yards per game.

Not to mention the fact that taken as a whole, it was somewhat less than a murderers row of RB's that CHI was supposedly so effective against the last 4 weeks:

Stephen Davis STL 29 yards

Steven Jackson STL 81 yards

Mike Alstott TB 26 yards

Michael Pittman TB 5 yards

Carnell Williams TB 26 yards

Aveion Cason DET 31 yards

Lamar Gordon DET 2 yards

Arlen Harris DET 44 yards

William Henderson GB 0 yards

Ahman Green GB 71 yards

Vernand Morency GB 37 yards

The only RB's CHI faced of Alexander's caliber were Jackson & maybe Green, & they weren't exactly shut down.

I stand by my statement: Without Harris, Alexander can AND WILL exploit the Bears rushing defense.

Edited by Bonehand

:D:D:bash::clap::tup::doh:

608 total yards/6 games = an average of 101 yards per game.

i hear what you're saying and their defense has been impacted by losing harris, on the other hand, 101 yards per game against still puts them in the top 10. it's not like they all of a sudden turned into the worst in the league.

also. while i realize he's an excellent player, i can think of a few guys i'd prefer not to go against this weekend before shaun alexander. (with gamelogs of 51, 89, 47, 37, 201, 90, 76, 73, 140, 92 and then 69 last weekend).

i'm nervous about this game as much as i'm nervous about any playoff game, but it's not because it think shaun alexander will run for 250 yards.

As much as I hoped for this matchup, Seattle regressed in their quality of play last week from the last 2 games of the regular season. I just think that the injury depleted Hawks probably won't advance after this unless Hass plays a good 4 quarters of football. But there is also the Grossman factor and with 2 teams stumbling into the playoffs, you just never know what happens. Unless Grossman really screws up, I see the Bears winning a close one, Bears 21- Seattle 20.

- Seattle hasn't had a healthy secondary since like Week 2 of the pre-season

- October 1 was over 3 months ago and Chicago hasn't been close to the same team since Week 5.

- Grossman, Berrian, and Muhammed are not as formidable as Romo, Owens, and Glenn.

- Seattle's run defense is ranked 19 out of 32 teams (per ESPN rankings) and 22 out of 32 per NFL.com.

One has to have quality before they can regress in their quality.

Final Score, 31-28, Chicago Wins.

No offensive TD's will be scored, Devin Hester will score all the TD's for Chicago, and Rex Grossman will throw all the TD's to Seattle DBs. Gould will kick a ball as time expires because Alexander will fumble the ball around the 30 yard of Chicago with 16 seconds, Nathan Vasher will pick it up and run it down to the 20. Gould comes on.

No offensive TD's will be scored, Devin Hester will score all the TD's for Chicago, and Rex Grossman will throw all the TD's to Seattle DBs. Gould will kick a ball as time expires because Alexander will fumble the ball around the 30 yard of Chicago with 16 seconds, Nathan Vasher will pick it up and run it down to the 20. Gould comes on.

This may well be the most likely prediction so far..... :D

If this happens you will be a genius a dead genius because Seahawks21 will kill you but nonetheless.

Edited by Seahawk37

Yeah - I think the 9.5, 10 is off myself. In this game, with these 2 teams, that have been so inconsistent lately I will be all over Sea. Crisp is certainly more dialed in with the Vegas moves, and smart money - I just happen to like value with the points.

thanks for the props. i'm just an average joe trying to beat the house like the rest of us. not a statement to offend wildcat, but the public sees this game just like you as evidenced by the way the money is coming down. too many points, two inconsistent teams, and grossman factor. all logical points i might add. however, if the bears impose their will in this game, it won't be close. the nearly ten points are enough to entice the most savvy of bettors. i wouldn't even feel comfortable teasing the hawks 6 pts and having 14 or 15 pts. 23-6 or 27-10 could easily be the score here.

sidenote: i like gobbling up points alot more than i like laying heavy wood, but when the action gets this one sided, i'll go the other way 8 out of 10 times. vegas stays in business for a reason, they beat the public consistently.

sidenote: i like gobbling up points alot more than i like laying heavy wood, but when the action gets this one sided, i'll go the other way 8 out of 10 times. vegas stays in business for a reason, they beat the public consistently.

Can't forget the slot machines either. I'd be willing to bet slot machines are vegas' most consistent means of income.