[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The REFS

keggerz

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TEAM STATISTICS				 SEA			PITTotal First Downs				20			 14 Rushing						 5			  6 Passing						15			  8 Penalty						 0			  0Total Net Yardage			   396			339Total Offensive Plays			77			 56 Avg. Gain per Offensive Play  5.1			6.1Rushes						   25			 33 Yards Gained Rushing (Net)	147			181 Average Yards per Rush		5.5			5.5Passes Attempted				 49			 22 Passes Completed			   26			 10 Had Intercepted				 1			  2 Tackled Attempting to Pass	  3			  1 Yards Lost Attempting to Pass  14			  8 Yards Gained Passing (Net)	259			158Punts							 6			  6 Average Distance			 50.2		   48.7Punt Returns					  4			  2 Punt Return Yardage			27			 32Kickoff Returns				   4			  2 Kickoff Return Yardage		 71			 43Interception Return Yardage	  76			 24Total Returns Yardage		   174			 99Fumbles						   0			  0 Fumbles Lost					0			  0 Own Fumbles Recovered		   0			  0 Opponent Fumbles Recovered	  0			  0Penalties						 7			  3 Yards Penalized				70			 20Field Goals					   1			  0 Field Goals Attempted		   3			  0Third-Down Efficiency		  5/17		   8/15Fourth-Down Efficiency		  1/2			0/0Time of Possession			33:02		  26:58

pit gets a 75 yard run from fwp. pit was much better on 3rd down.. pit had more rushing attempts..... from watching the game and looking at the stats........ sea outplayed them last year

Edited by Bier Meister

Only one time in superbowl history has a team won the time of possession, total yards, and the turnover battle yet, for some strange reason, lost the game. :D The refs controlled the game last year and the lesser team won.

Unlike this year, the Colts are genuine champions! Congrats to all the players and fans! :D

Only one time in superbowl history has a team won the time of possession, total yards, and the turnover battle yet, for some strange reason, lost the game. :D The refs controlled the game last year and the lesser team won.

Unlike this year, the Colts are genuine champions! Congrats to all the players and fans! :D

Agreed! like when that one ref ran past the entire seahawk defense like they were standing still on his way to the end zone...oh wait nevermind that was willie parker.

im not going to turn this into another steelers vs seahawks vs refs thread because you would probably love that... but when you miss field goals, drop easy passes, give up two game breaking tds and a 3rd and 37 all while making no big plays of your own.. you deserve to lose.

if you want to complain about the stiff arm the seahawks receiver gave the cb in the endzone right in front of the ref, whether ben scored which was a 1/10th of an inch difference between a td or no td, or whether holding the linebacker's shoulder pad is legal after he beat the tackle then go right ahead. we all established the hasselbeck penalty was wrong, as did the nfl. im done replying to this post.. if you want to keep making backhanded comments towards the steelers then go ahead... its not going to change anything. we got the ring, we got the glory, 5 super bowls for pittsburgh.. still none for seattle.

Congrats to the Colts for their earned championship! I can guarantee that Colt fans won't be making lame attempts at justifying an undeserved championship a year after the fact. :clap:

Why didn't the Bears fans learn from the Seattle fans? Why aren't they in here crying something like a ref-ineptitude-driven-by-NFL-promoted-bettis-conspiracy-theory victim rather than admitting that, just like Seattle last year, their team had a chance to win a superbowl and couldn't get it done ...

I mean, don't you think the NFL wanted Peyton to get a ring as much as they did Bettis? :D

Maybe the NFL learned from last year and made their conspiracy fix even harder to detect? :D

:doh:

Congrats, Colts!! :tup: Nice season, Bears! :bash:

Unlike last year, it is great to see the refs stay out of the game and let the better team win! Congrats to the Colts!

Unlike this year, the Colts are genuine champions! Congrats to all the players and fans! :clap:

Congrats to the Colts for their earned championship! I can guarantee that Colt fans won't be making lame attempts at justifying an undeserved championship a year after the fact. :bash:

:D Nope, it is a year later, there is a new Super Bowl Champion, and I now am not going to get into it anymore. I guess if you feel good about what the Seahawks did in last year's Super Bowl, and think that they should have won, that is your right. Carry on....

Edited by Menudo

Why didn't the Bears fans learn from the Seattle fans? Why aren't they in here crying something like a ref-ineptitude-driven-by-NFL-promoted-bettis-conspiracy-theory victim rather than admitting that, just like Seattle last year, their team had a chance to win a superbowl and couldn't get it done ...

:D

Uhh, maybe because the Bears just plain got outplayed and didn't get jobbed by the refs?

Face it Stealer fans, the 2005 Lombardi Trophy is yours but that "Championship" will forever be tainted.

:D

Uhh, maybe because the Bears just plain got outplayed and didn't get jobbed by the refs?

Face it Stealer fans, the 2005 Lombardi Trophy is yours but that "Championship" will forever be tainted.

Fair enough. Here is what I suggest you do, since, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion.

1. Buy some sort of book, magazine, publication, or print a list off the internet of the Super Bowl Results.

2. Find the Steelers results from last year.

3. Grab a pen, pencil, marker, or any writing utensil of your choice.

4. Put an asterisk beside the result that you found in step 2.

5. Underneath the entire list, write the following " * = Tainted Super Bowl Victory "

Problem solved.

Unlike last year, it is great to see the refs stay out of the game and let the better team win! Congrats to the Colts!

Oh good lord

Oh good lord

Agreed that the Seahawk fan whining is excessive and prolonged.

However, the excessive and prolonged gloating of certain Steeler fans for that win is equally irritating.

I'm not a fan of either team. I'm just a football fan and it irked me to see the refs affect the outcome of the game, especially the SB, with REPEATED bad calls. Everyone f()cs up once in a while. Messing up the whole game favoring one team is a little much.

IMO, the Seahawk fans can continue beotchin' until Men-U-Do and slovak take down their avies.

Edited by MojoMan

Agreed that the Seahawk fan whining is excessive and prolonged.

However, the excessive and prolonged gloating of certain Steeler fans for that win is equally irritating.

I'm not a fan of either team. I'm just a football fan and it irked me to see the refs affect the outcome of the game, especially the SB, with REPEATED bad calls. Everyone f()cs up once in a while. Messing up the whole game favoring one team is a little much.

IMO, the Seahawk fans can continue beotchin' until Men-U-Do and slovak take down their avies.

:D Yes, we should take down our avy's celebrating our team's Super Bowl victory, because some people don't think our team deserved it. :D

By the way, I've already said that I am changing my Avy, as there are new champions on board, but, trust me, I will contine to be proud that the Steelers were the Super Bowl Champions last year, regardless of how you or anyone else feels about it. You feel it was tainted, which is your right, I feel it was not, which is my right. Now, move on everybody.

Edited by Menudo

:D Yes, we should take down our avy's celebrating our team's Super Bowl victory, because some people don't think our team deserved it. :D

By the way, I've already said that I am changing my Avy, as there are new champions on board, but, trust me, I will contine to be proud that the Steelers were the Super Bowl Champions last year, regardless of how you or anyone else feels about it. You feel it was tainted, which is your right, I feel it was not, which is my right. Now, move on everybody.

Menudo, we can agree to disagree. Unless DMD rules otherwise, you have the right to keep your avy as long as you want.

However, my logic is correct. Yes, bad refereeing is a part of the game. However, clearly, the Seattle fans have a reasonable complaint regarding the refereeing in SB XL. I think you admitted that yourself last year.

As long as you continue to flaunt that championship (that some unbiased fans would feel is tainted) to the Seattle fans, you invite them to bring up what happened.

May a pox descend on Pittsburgh and Seattle, giving the rest of us a blessed end to this pathetic squabble.

You can say whatever you want, but, try to find one recent thread where the Steeler fans brought up anything about last year's Super Bowl in a bragging manner. Steeler fans are only responding, which a fan of any team would do, to others attacks. Like I said, I'm not getting dragged into it anymore, but, it's time to see it for what it actually is.

Menudo, we can agree to disagree. Unless DMD rules otherwise, you have the right to keep your avy as long as you want.

However, my logic is correct. Yes, bad refereeing is a part of the game. However, clearly, the Seattle fans have a reasonable complaint regarding the refereeing in SB XL. I think you admitted that yourself last year.

As long as you continue to flaunt that championship (that some unbiased fans would feel is tainted) to the Seattle fans, you invite them to bring up what happened.

The Steelers won the Super Bowl, are you suggesting we shouldn't count it or be proud of it because it will hurt the feelings of those that don't think we deserved it. Ridiculous.

It really is a shame that people like you and Bushwacked are bringing all of this up today. This is the Colts time to celebrate, this crap about last year's Super Bowl is so stale it is ridiculous. Like I said before :D MOVE ON.

Edited by Menudo

bears were down 22-17...had the ball on their own 20...thomas jones rips of a 12 yard run on 1st down, running off the right side....holding call on LT john tait...cbs never showed a replay or even made a mention of it...bears ended up picking up a first down on the "drive" anyway...but i thought it was a bit suspect...could have been holding...would have liked to have seen a replay though