[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The REFS

keggerz

The Steelers won the Super Bowl, are you suggesting we shouldn't count it or be proud of it because it will hurt the feelings of those that don't think we deserved it. Ridiculous.

It really is a shame that people like you and Bushwacked are bringing all of this up today. This is the Colts time to celebrate, this crap about last year's Super Bowl is so stale it is ridiculous. Like I said before :D MOVE ON.

Your logic sucks but I agree with you that this distracts from the Colts victory. Enjoy it Colts fans!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best officiated playoff game I have seen in a long time. :D

I agree.

I'm glad the game played out the way it did, I would have hated for anything to taint it and leave all the Manning haters one more thing to hang their hat on to bash him.

Only one time in superbowl history has a team won the time of possession, total yards, and the turnover battle yet, for some strange reason, lost the game. :D The refs controlled the game last year and the lesser team won.

Unlike this year, the Colts are genuine champions! Congrats to all the players and fans! :D

Congrats to the Colts, they poured it on and we couldn't handle it.

It's too bad you still persist in being a sore loser bushwacked. Really, I would have thought better of you.

Again - good for the Colts.

It's too bad you still persist in being a sore loser bushwacked. Really, I would have thought better of you.

I agree wholeheartedly. What a freaking bunch of cry babies. Maybe it's the weather or too much caffeine in their system but these Seattle fans love to bitch and moan.

Get over it already!

Why didn't the Bears fans learn from the Seattle fans? Why aren't they in here crying something like a ref-ineptitude-driven-by-NFL-promoted-bettis-conspiracy-theory victim rather than admitting that, just like Seattle last year, their team had a chance to win a superbowl and couldn't get it done ...

I mean, don't you think the NFL wanted Peyton to get a ring as much as they did Bettis? :D

Maybe the NFL learned from last year and made their conspiracy fix even harder to detect? :D

:tup:

Congrats, Colts!! :clap: Nice season, Bears! :bash:

I friend of mine is an NFL official and the scrutiny they go through after each game is amazing. Their bosses watch their games 7 times after each Sun., and the crew then receives a report card. They are given points for plays called correctly, and negative points for plays called incorrectly. It's a little more complicated than that, but that's the gist of it. Their job is on the line based on number of miscalls. The officiating crews with the top points at the end of the season get to go to the playoffs and super bowl. My friend got to call one of the playoff games this year.

bears were down 22-17...had the ball on their own 20...thomas jones rips of a 12 yard run on 1st down, running off the right side....holding call on LT john tait...cbs never showed a replay or even made a mention of it...bears ended up picking up a first down on the "drive" anyway...but i thought it was a bit suspect...could have been holding...would have liked to have seen a replay though

Bears fans could couple this holding play, along with the heal being "not" down out of bounds on the INT and Marvin not really getting that first toe down with the ball in clear posession as proof that the NFL fixed this game for Manning. Those calls kept the Bears getting any momentum, blah, blah, blah.

And for the time of posession excuse from superbowl XL....it doesn't take much time off the clock running 75 yard TDs or throwing a 43 yard reverse pass for a TD. There is your time of posession down the drain. And they won in yardage....wow an entire what 59 yards all of which came on the garbage time last drive of the game. And the turnover advantage was ONE....big deal.

The supposed stats domination from Seattle is an urban legend. 1 turnover, 59 yards...those are irrelevant differences in the NFL. And the time of posession is lopsided cause of over 100 yards in TDs coming in a matter of 10 seconds. First down lopsided stats follows the same deal, it doesn't take any first downs to run 75 yards for a TD.

When was the last time a team won when they missed 2 FGs, dropped 97 passes, wasted 2 minutes at the end of the half, continually punted into the endzone instead of pinning them inside the 10. When was the last time a team won when they give up 14 points on drives that coupled for about 1 minute? Or how many teams win converting less than 50% of 3rd downs? Blaming it all on the refs is a sissy excuse.

After Locklear was called for holding in the 2nd half, Hasselhoff was sacked the next play and threw an interception after that (can we blame the refs and can we say for cerain Steelers wouldn't have held them out of the endzone if there was no hold and if you have to assume Seattle scores, why does Seattle fans not assume Ben or Bettis doesn't score on 4th and 1 inch if they spot the ball at the 1 inch line???).

For all this talk of the refs, do Seattle fans realize there were only 2 drives in the entire 2nd half in which Seattle got called for a penalty. One was false start on Alexander (can't dispute that). The other was the hold on Locklear followed post INT by block below the waste on Hasselhoff (bad call).

So the Seahawks are down by 4 with an entire half to go and they want to complain that one call (Locklear hold) was able to keep them from winning the game? Even a halfway decent team can overcome a perceived bad holding penalty, but not Seattle, instead they give up a sack and INT on the next 2 plays.

Edited by SteelerMurf

Bush I gotta agree//Please let it go already for the love of God..This thread was a tip of the cap to a cleanly officiated game and you dragged it down with the same old song and dance..It sucks to feel slighted in the biggest game in your teams history im sure but at some point we must move on..

Bush I gotta agree//Please let it go already for the love of God..This thread was a tip of the cap to a cleanly officiated game and you dragged it down with the same old song and dance..It sucks to feel slighted in the biggest game in your teams history im sure but at some point we must move on..

I just caught up on this thread, but can only say I made a simple comment based on a post already started where I concurred that the reffing was excellent and then congratulated the Colt fans. Comments directly referring to last years superbowl were made after that by other huddlers. No less than 10 posts have been poured in by Steelear fans....none of them did I directly respond to.

I can not help that Stealer fans are simply not over last year's tainted superbowl and continue to hijack threads a year after the fact. So you two Rosie O'Donnell can kiss it... :D:D

I just caught up on this thread, but can only say I made a simple comment based on a post already started where I concurred that the reffing was excellent and then congratulated the Colt fans. Comments directly referring to last years superbowl were made after that by other huddlers. No less than 10 posts have been poured in by Steelear fans....none of them did I directly respond to.

I can not help that Stealer fans are simply not over last year's tainted superbowl and continue to hijack threads a year after the fact. So you two Rosie O'Donnell can kiss it... :D:D

Grow up. If you're going to engage in revisionist history, you might want to check the second post in this thread by you, where it all began. They took YOUR bait. :bash:

Well done, you've jumped the shark.

Grow up. If you're going to engage in revisionist history, you might want to check the second post in this thread by you, where it all began. They took YOUR bait. :D

Well done, you've jumped the shark.

Hey Debbie Downer, everything I just posted is the troof. You know, some people are smart enough to simply not respond to something if they don't like it.

There's really no need to talk about it anymore, your a good guy, but, you just won't stop.

I dont see any Cowboys fans still crying over the phantom def holding and PI calls we suffered vs the Hawks. Your obsession with Menudo is getting frightening..Its the huddles version of single white female or fatal attraction..Menudo if you have a bunny guard it close at night please..