[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Might be a dumb question...

alexgaddis

Any scrap metal places close by? I can't remember if they give you a set $$ for them, or if they take them for free, but that's what I'd or just take it to the dump yourself.

Where and how do I get rid of my old water heater? I don't want to pay the damn garbage man $50 to take it away...

I tip my garbage man $100 every year at Christmas. I could put a body out there and he'd take it away without charging me extra.

If you put it out early on garbage day some scavenger will come by and take it off your hands. At least they did mine.

Yep. Around here, you can put anything out on a street corner or curb, and Spain's friends, a.k.a. the invaders from the south, will pick it up at no charge to you.

Sawzall and planty of contractor grade bags.

That's how I get rid of bodies hot water heaters.

Not a bad idea either although sounds like a little too much work for me considering it's a Hot Water heater.

Where and how do I get rid of my old water heater? I don't want to pay the damn garbage man $50 to take it away...

Do you have any 8-11 year old boys?

I let my boy and his friends beat my old one to pieces with hammers. By the time they were done, all of the pieces fit nicely in our city garbage can. :D

If you put it out early on garbage day some scavenger will come by and take it off your hands. At least they did mine.

That's funny Puddy as I put both of my old gas grills(minus the tanks) out for trash day today and they were gone this morning. I was wondering if the garbage men would take them but now I don't have to worry about it.

Hey, you can always wake up bright and early Saturday or Sunday morning and find a dumpster that's fairly secluded. I did this with a bad rim and tire once but I still have a guilt trip over it. :D

:D Put it into the box that you got your new one out of and return it to the store you purchased it for a full refund. Tell them you did not need it afterall. Thats what I do when I install new water heaters. :D

Or, dump it on one of my properties that I am in charge of demolishing. That's what everyone else does. :tup:

Edited by Footballjoe

:tup: Put it into the box that you got your new one out of and return it to the store you purchased it for a full refund. Tell them you did not need it afterall. Thats what I do when I install new water heaters. :D

Or, dump it on one of my properties that I am in charge of demolishing. That's what everyone else does.

Bad karma :D

Edited by Zooty

I was in New Orleans a few years ago and near all of the street performers was a guy sitting next to what very much appeared to be an old hot water heater that now had an eye-piece sticking out of it to make it look like a telescope. He was was charging people $5 a peek to look at Saturn.