[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Things I know other huddlers haven't done

cliaz

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been in a car that was hit by a train.

Supported by a business that only cost $39.99 a month to start.

Perfect hand in cribbage including cutting the jack.

Defeated 181 other teams to win the 2006 FF Championship of Texas.

Come on DMD now I have to know the story to this. Were you drunk?

Thankfully no, just a passenger in the wrong place at the wrong time. You'd think that getting hit by a train doesn't really hurt all that much but you'd be wrong. Trains don't "give" much when they broadside you.

Thankfully no, just a passenger in the wrong place at the wrong time. You'd think that getting hit by a train doesn't really hurt all that much but you'd be wrong. Trains don't "give" much when they broadside you.

How fast was the train going?

Did the car just conk out on the tracks or did the driver try to beat it?

Did you break anything?

How old where you?

Do you believe in past life regression?

How fast was the train going? - Estimated 35 to 40 MPH

Did the car just conk out on the tracks or did the driver try to beat it? Neither really. Far as we can remember, it was out in the country and the sun was in our eyes and the radio and air conditioning was blasting. It was coming around a bend and we were on a road coming out of the woods. We neither had ever seen a train coming through there before (or after). Drive somewhere 100 times and evidently it was assumed that the 101st time there would be no train there. That was, in retrospect, a flawed line of reasoning.

Did you break anything? Broke my trachea, burst a lung, severed carotid artery in neck and tore the top of my scalp off when my head went through side window. Gotta believe I had a concussion too. Got a lot of scars from that one. Doctors gave me 50/50 to live through the first night.

How old where you? 17

Do you believe in past life regression? Unrelated but I have been under past life regression before and I recalled being imprisoned in a small cell like in a castle or something.

Okay, be honest. Name something you've done that you are pretty sure no one here or that you know has done.

Example:

I'll go first...

Had "relations" with the wife on an active volcano. (Hawaii)

I'm dying to see this list.

Done.

I plead the 5th.

Most of the things I could put on this list are either enormously stupid or very illegal or both, so I'd have to say the same. :D

That's fast for a train going through the country. Lucky you didn't die.

Did the car just conk out on the tracks or did the driver try to beat it? Neither really. Far as we can remember, it was out in the country and the sun was in our eyes and the radio and air conditioning was blasting. It was coming around a bend and we were on a road coming out of the woods. We neither had ever seen a train coming through there before (or after). Drive somewhere 100 times and evidently it was assumed that the 101st time there would be no train there. That was, in retrospect, a flawed line of reasoning.

I've almost been hit by a train in my neighborhood. People would go fast down this back road and hit the tracks and it would launch you in the air. Big thing for high school kids. I did it one time and there was a training coming. Luckly I had plenty of time and it missed me by 5 seconds.

Did you break anything? Broke my trachea, burst a lung, severed carotid artery in neck and tore the top of my scalp off when my head went through side window. Gotta believe I had a concussion too. Got a lot of scars from that one. Doctors gave me 50/50 to live through the first night.

Man you are luck. You sever a carotid artery and that's pretty much lights out if you don't get taken care of right away.

How old where you? 17

Do you believe in past life regression? Unrelated but I have been under past life regression before and I recalled being imprisoned in a small cell like in a castle or something.

Sort of related though. A lot of people in life/death situations will have flash backs to past life events and it's common in the past life community that when you die a certain way, you tend to repeat that pattern. Just a curious question on my part.

Actually if you sever it, the artery will naturally shut itself closed but if you nick it you bleed to death. The EMT's said I was the bloodiest pickup they ever had. We had to throw my cowboy boots away because they were filled with blood. They had to cut my shirt and pants off because they too were drenched.

Ripping my scalp off made the top of my head have no feeling for a few years. Then it itched for a few years and then it finally got back to normal. I have a large "J" scar over the top of my skull covered by my hair.

Happened to my Sister as well. Thankfully she was unharmed, although by looking at her car which got thrown & flipped, you wouldn't have guessed it.

Me & a friend were the unfortunate witnesses to a truck getting slammed by a train. The results weren't quite so good. Both guys in the truck were thrown out. The passengers head went thru the windshield when the truck was jerked to a sudden stop & then when the train yanked it in the lateral direction his head was ripped back thru & he was thrown thru the passenger side window. The guy's entire head from the neck up looked like hamburger meat and he was still concious. It was not a pretty picture. That actually made the 2nd time I'd witnessed somebody thrown from a vehicle. The first was an older lady who was throw thru the side window of a van that had been broadsided. Luckily it was the impact that broke the glass & and she came out relatively ok.

That's fast for a train going through the country. Lucky you didn't die.

Actually, I beleive the speed limit within city limits is 45 for trains, which would be much slower than they are allowed to go in the country.

Sort of related though. A lot of people in life/death situations will have flash backs to past life events and it's common in the past life community that when you die a certain way, you tend to repeat that pattern. Just a curious question on my part.

I had no "life flash before my eyes" that I recall. I really only remember a couple of moments from the event - looking at the train coming right at me, in ER when they were shaving my head, getting wheeled down the hallway to ICU with my parents running to keep up with me. My doctor said you do not usually recall traumatic events like that because the mind intentionally shuts down so you do not remember it.

Evidently I just got really, really pissed when it happened. They had to strap me down in the ambulance and in ER because I was cussing like a sailor and trying to fight them.

Actually, I beleive the speed limit within city limits is 45 for trains, which would be much slower than they are allowed to go in the country.

Right - it was out in the country and it would have been doing 50 - 60 MPH but it had just cleared a "turn" of sorts that made it slow down a bit.

Was once riding in the front of a one engine plane that landed on a runway that had 6 inches of fresh snow on it. I began to realize that that isn't a good idea. It skidded around pretty good probably when one wheel touched down before the other one. Of course you can't see anything because the propeller kicks the snow into the windshield.

But no Jimmy Johnson scars on my head at least. :D

Edited by MikesVikes

Perfect hand in cribbage including cutting the jack.

The perfect cribbage hand is 29 points, and in order to get that you have to have the jack in your hand and cut a 5 the same suit as the jack. :D Which I have done once.

How's about getting hit head on by a 50 foot boat cruising through the Virgin Islands while me and my buddy were out kayaking?

I had no "life flash before my eyes" that I recall. I really only remember a couple of moments from the event - looking at the train coming right at me, in ER when they were shaving my head, getting wheeled down the hallway to ICU with my parents running to keep up with me. My doctor said you do not usually recall traumatic events like that because the mind intentionally shuts down so you do not remember it.

Evidently I just got really, really pissed when it happened. They had to strap me down in the ambulance and in ER because I was cussing like a sailor and trying to fight them.

You are one lucky guy DMD! That's a pretty severe list of injuries to live through. That had to be a tough thing to recover from. I've witnessed quite a few train vs. car impacts and have seen few survivors.

I once broadsided a moving car while riding a bicycle.

I just about did that one. I was riding my sister's new bike and tried to stop by pedaling backwards like my bike did and I didn't stop since the brakes were on the handle bars. I drove onto the highway and missed a car by a few feet. Of course my sister was pissed because I almost broke her new bike. :D

Was racing a kid from the neighborhood and turned around to see how far back he was and tripped over a bush and my head landed on a railroad tie with a long piece/sliver of wood sticking up from it, went into my head missing my eye by milimeters, woke up with kids looking over me saying cool, look at his skull. :D