[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dune

cliaz

You know for years and years now I've always wanted to sit down and watch this movie. I've heard good things about it but every time i see it's on I always catch it like in the middle.

Is it worth it to buy it on DVD and watch it or is this some uber geeky political movie that I should just never watch? I've heard there are hidden meanings through the film.

You know for years and years now I've always wanted to sit down and watch this movie. I've heard good things about it but every time i see it's on I always catch it like in the middle.

Is it worth it to buy it on DVD and watch it or is this some uber geeky political movie that I should just never watch? I've heard there are hidden meanings through the film.

If your talking about the movie that has sting in it, based on the frank herbert book, that movie sucked. It doesn't matter whether you read the book (I had) or didn't read the book (my brother has not), we both thought it sucked.

its ok not great but if you can get it for 3 bucks buy it..

that is one of the movies they should remake with the advances in technology now... 4 part movie would be assume and they would easily be 3 hours long each.

They did remake it for TV, athough it wasn't much, if any improvement.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0142032/

Edited by rajncajn

If your talking about the movie that has sting in it, based on the frank herbert book, that movie sucked. It doesn't matter whether you read the book (I had) or didn't read the book (my brother has not), we both thought it sucked.

I LOVED that movie! It's still one of my favorites. The only suggestion that I would make Cliaz is to try to find the director's cut of this movie... it has a different narrator than the box office release and it goes into a lot more story detail that is very helpful to the viewer.

I LOVED that movie! It's still one of my favorites. The only suggestion that I would make Cliaz is to try to find the director's cut of this movie... it has a different narrator than the box office release and it goes into a lot more story detail that is very helpful to the viewer.

Interesting. I will then.

what's the whole deal with spice. it's not really a spice they are fighting over is it?

What about "Children of Dune"? Did anyone see that one?

Interesting. I will then.

what's the whole deal with spice. it's not really a spice they are fighting over is it?

What about "Children of Dune"? Did anyone see that one?

spice melange

is what everyone except the people of dune are fighting over ...

The David Lynch one was good. Did not follow the book too well, but it was still good. I recomend it!!! :D Kind of trippy.

The TV version was very good as well and followed the book more closely. I was not as much of a fan because Paul was (understandably) more arrogant in it.

I guess I'm in the minority. I hated that movie. I found it to be a boring mess. Perhaps because Dune is one of my favorite books, I wanted more from a movie. And I think I started screaming in pain at the ending in the movie. The only good part of the movie was when Sting came out all oiled up I started singing Roxanne in the theater. People thought I was funny. They laughed.

Never saw the remake, but have seen both versions of Lynch: the long and short. If you're unfamiliar with the material, prolly even if not, then you should watch the long version. The shorter one is simply too confusing from what was lost.

Don't expect to be blown away, either.

Did you know Lynch did Dune after he was replaced as Director of.....Return of the Jedi?

Never saw the remake, but have seen both versions of Lynch: the long and short. If you're unfamiliar with the material, prolly even if not, then you should watch the long version. The shorter one is simply too confusing from what was lost.

Don't expect to be blown away, either.

Did you know Lynch did Dune after he was replaced as Director of.....Return of the Jedi?

Return of the Jedi, wow.

From what I hear, Lynch **Hated** the long version. Most long versions are horrible because they include footage that was cut from the film. Now occasionally, film is cut from the film because the movie is too long. More often than not though, its because it sucks. This was the case in the longer movie

I believe - should really check this out before saying this - Lynch removed his name from the long version because he was embarrised that they did it and replaced it with 'Judas Booth'

Edited by Duchess Jack

Return of the Jedi, wow.

From what I hear, Lynch **Hated** the long version. Most long versions are horrible because they include footage that was cut from the film. Now occasionally, film is cut from the film because the movie is too long. More often than not though, its because it sucks. This was the case in the longer movie

I believe - should really check this out before saying this - Lynch removed his name from the long version because he was embarrised that they did it and replaced it with 'Judas Booth'

The long version began as 'extended' when it was shown on TV. You could tell the new footage because the 'blue eyes' of the desert folks weren't blue.

I thought it was just the opposite... that he hated the short version and removed his name from that one, but he liked the long version... the "Director's Cut".

Next to good, bad, and the ugly it is the greatest movie of all time. Definatly get the director's cut.