[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SXSW 2007

darin3

This was our first foray into the wildness that is South By Southwest, which is a HUGE, week-long music (and other media) festival which takes place every year here in Austin. Click here to check it out... There's music, film and of course general debauchery. You can click on the left side where it says "SXSW Bands" to browse the myriad bands that came here from all over the world to perform here.

In the spirit of Clubfoothead, I will be offering a sample CD that I will personally burn for you. Clubby was nice enough to do this for us Huddlers for SXSW '06. He wasn't able to make it down this time (bummer), so as a tribute to him, I'll offer up a CD to whoever wants one. I will request, though, that you donate at least $5 to ChuckB's Relay for Life effort. I am currently in the process of burning the various CDs I picked up over the past few days. I won't, however, be able to burn the mix CDs until I return from Maui in mid-April. I MIGHT be able to burn them next week, though, if you ask nicely. :D

Also, check out some pictures of the madness .... if you don't have a Snapfish account, sign up. It only takes a minute and you should have an account anyways... doesn't everyone use it? :D

As many of you saw, the tail end of the debaucherous weekend was a bit chaotic, but all in all, it was an absolute blast. I highly recommend that ANYONE that enjoys good music (and that should be all of you) visit Austin for SXSW '08. Reserve your floorspace at darin3's now. :tup:

If you want a CD, please PM me. Also, if you want to view the pics and don't want to sign up for Snapfish, PM me. I'll give you my login/password.

Edited by darin3

what's the over/under on the number of minutes Darin lasts at the festival before he gets thrown out?

:D

:tup:

It's over.

Man do those pics bring me back...love-cars played SXSW 5 or so years ago and it was such a vlast those few days we were down there...I HAVE to get back there for that festival someday...

:doh:

Any chance of you guys doing a reunion tour some time? I have a pretty good "in" at a certain bar. :D

In all seriousness I could probably get you guys booked at several places here... hope to see ya down here sometime soon!

You know I want one of the CDs. I'm working on one of my own for everyone as well. Enjoy the honeymoon. Glad you made a post, the trunk of my car needs cleaned out. Glad you had fun, wish we could have made it this year. That's what next year is for.

Happy honeymoon :D

In the Big Easy. Getting married in about 24 hours. :tup:

Honeymoon doesn't kick off until April 1st. :doh:

You know I want one of the CDs. I'm working on one of my own for everyone as well. Enjoy the honeymoon. Glad you made a post, the trunk of my car needs cleaned out. Glad you had fun, wish we could have made it this year. That's what next year is for.

No problem. See ya soon! :D

For those that have requested CDs, please note that I will be unable to get you the CD until after I return from my honeymoon. Just didn't have the time here this week, plus my wife's (:D) computer is all f'ed up so I may have to break out my old desktop to burn the CDs. I promise I'll finish the job when I get home and get them out to you ASAP.

In the meantime, for those of you that want them, please PM me your physical address. And remember, I'm asking that you donate at least $5 to ChuckB's ACS Relay for Life effort.

Anyone else that missed this thread last week is free to PM me as well. I'd be happy to get you a CD. The music is fantastic!

Aloha, y'all!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My apologies for the delay in getting this done... the wifey's computer has been infected with viruses and I don't want to risk getting them embedded in the mp3's on the disks. Should have everything settled this week and will get 'em out ASAP. :D

• 3 months later...
My apologies for the delay in getting this done... the wifey's computer has been infected with viruses and I don't want to risk getting them embedded in the mp3's on the disks. Should have everything settled this week and will get 'em out ASAP. :D

:D I feel horrible that I have let this fester. The wife's computer is a piece of crap and I don't have the funds to fix it. Got a new laptop from H8 recently and will be burning once I transfer the music over. Apologize for the delay, especially to those that donated some coin. There have been some issues (work, home stuff) that have precluded me from doing this but looks like all is good now... stay tuned. Thanks all.