[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I Gotta' Ask

Easy n Dirty

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With all this furor over what Imus said on his radio show last week, I gotta' ask - what does "nappy-headed" mean?

Imus is in hot water for calling the Rutgers women's basketball team a bunch of "nappy-headed hos".

Im pretty sure Nappy means knotty and kinky

Edited by whomper

anybody talk jive.........

Bet babe slap a piece of porter on the java

buttermilk lay me to the bone jack me up

no you just hang loose blood sista gonna be back with the medici real soon now

Yo sister I dug her rap momma dont raise no dummy

Chill.. sucker dont want no help sucka dont get no help . Jive ass turkey

Edited by whomper

:D ....... We have a winner

Im pretty sure Nappy means knotty and kinky

:D ....... We have a winner

+1

It means unkept (most often) african american hair. Imagine what a black woman's hair might look like if she didn't do anything with it and slept on a park bench for two months. That'd be one nappy head.

IMO, the comment wasn't deragoatory because of a "black" thing; because any hair can be "nappy." But Imus basically called those girls "dirty hos." Okay in rap lyrics. *Not* okay for sports commentators.

Imus could have easily gotten his (legit) point across by saying they were some "tough looking young women out there." Instead, he took a casual, cheap shot; like he was drinkin' beers with his pals down at the local pub, or something.

Edited by yo mama

It means unkept (most often) african american hair. Imagine what a black woman's hair might look like if she didn't do anything with it and slept on a park bench for two months. That'd be one nappy head.

IMO, the comment wasn't deragoatory because of a "black" thing; because any hair can be "nappy." But Imus basically called those girls "dirty hos." Okay in rap lyrics. *Not* okay for sports commentators. Imus could have easily gotten his (legit) point across by saying they were some "tough looking young women out there." Instead, he took a casual, cheap shot; like he was drinkin' beers with his pals down at the local pub, or something.

although he is on a sports station it isnt a sports show..I still say under his format I am surprised this is a big of a deal as it is..If Howard said it it would be a non story

Edited by whomper

You forgot "Greasy trumpets on butter, drag it through the garden"

i gotta ask too.......how many times is nappy ho's said in a rap song?

and where is jesse apologizing to the duke kids?

and where is the uproar over the dude saying to exterminate all white people?

Edited by dmarc117

Jesse Jackson is trying to run him out of hymietown

I don't appreciate the Imus comments. But I have heard his say much more vulgar things than that before.

What irks me about this is that Sharpton and Jackson are calling for his head, having ignored the proliferation of this kind of language over the last few decades from within the black community, entertainment and otherwise.

So it is ok for rap artists and black comedians, but not ok for a washed up old shock jock desperately trying to cling to fame?

I smell hypocrisy.

Imus = Big Jackass.

Sharpton = Big Jackass.

Jackson = Big Jackass.

However, Imus is the smart jackass, because his ratings will go sky high after this, or he'll get fired and go onto Satellite Radio and make even more money.

I didn't realize people still listened to Imus. The guy is a joke. I tend to agree with Yo Mama, I don't see "nappy head" having racial undertones. I can't tell you how many times I've told my kids to get in the shower and wash their nappy heads, and they are both blond hair, blue eyed, and lily white. I do have a problem with him calling them ho's. That was uncalled for, and has no place.