[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Swiss' mock draft

Swiss Cheezhead

1. OAK – Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech.

2. TBB (from DET) – Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin

3. CLE – Jamarcus Russell, QB, Louisiana St.

4. DET (from TBB) – Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson

5. ARI – Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville

6. WAS – Laron Landry, S, Louisiana St.

7. BUF (from MIN) – Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma

8. ATL – Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas

9. MIA – Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame

10. HOU – Levi Brown, OT, Pennsylvania St.

11. SFF – Patrick Willis, LB, Mississippi

12. MIN (from BUF) – Adam Carriker, Nebraska

13. STL – Alan Branch, DT, Michigan

14. CAR – Reggie Nelson, S, Florida

15. PIT – Jarvis Moss, DE, Florida

16. GBP – Ted Ginn Jr., WR, Ohio St.

17. JAC – Charles Johnson, DE, Georgia

18. CIN – Leon Hall, CB, Michigan

19. TEN – Darrelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh

20. NYG – Paul Posluszny, LB, Pennsylvania St.

21. DEN – Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan

22. DAL – Aaron Ross, CB, Texas

23. KCC – Justin Blalock, OG, Texas

24. NEP – Brandon Meriweather, S, Miami (FL)

25. NYJ – Chris Houston, CB, Arkansas

26. PHI – Greg Olsen, TE, Miami (FL)

27. NOS – Tenard Jackson, CB, Syracuse

28. NEP – Dwayne Bowe, WR, Louisiana St.

29. BAL – Tony Ugoh, OT, Arkansas

30. SDC – Anthony Gonzalez, WR, Ohio St.

31. CHI – Zach Miller, TE, Arizona St.

32. IND – Aundrae Allison, WR, E. Carolina

EDIT: Louisiana STATE, not "Tech." :D

Edited by Swiss Cheezhead

Interesting draft Swiss...Lynch dropping out of the first round, huh?

I don't think he's the kind of player T. Thompson would take 16th overall, and he just doesn't fit anywhere beyond 16. He could go to Cleveland in the 2nd, but after that, almost every team has at least a decent young RB in place already.

:D

If the draft goes this way, you'll see one very unhappy BB here on Monday morning...

Really? I'd be ecstatic if Ginn becomes a Packer (and I think he's probably the most likely pick at this point).

The only other player I could see the Broncos taking is Anthony Spencer, but I think the value is better with Staley -- and he'd be a good fit in the zone scheme. Plus, it's not like the Broncos don't need a tackle.

1. OAK – Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech.

2. TBB (from DET) – Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin

Good mock, but why would Tampa trade up for Joe Thomas when they signed Luke Pettigout this off season? If they do in fact pick Thomas it will be if he falls to them.

24. NEP – Brandon Meriweather, S, Miami (FL)

28. NEP – Dwayne Bowe, WR, Louisiana Tech.

I know everyone is a critic regarding their homer team...but I do not see that #28 pick happenning. The Pats currently have 9 WR on the depth chart. I don't think they will add one in round one, particularly not after trading their round 2 pick for Welker.

I look for a LB, a RB, an OL, a DB, or a trade with their picks. The Meriweather (or similar player) pick is not a stretch at all.

Good mock, but why would Tampa trade up for Joe Thomas when they signed Luke Pettigout this off season? If they do in fact pick Thomas it will be if he falls to them.

TB going after Thomas seems so unlikely.

As bad as TB's line looked last year... they had two rookies starting last year (a G and T, both first day picks) and a 2nd year starter at LT. They had injury and consistency issues at the other G. Overall TB is young at OL with quite a few early-mid round picks invested. Having snagged Pettigout to provide some consistency, depth and veteran leadership all but shores up the line. If anything they'll look for a G in the draft imo.

27. NOS – Tenard Jackson, CB, Syracuse

28. NEP – Dwayne Bowe, WR, Louisiana Tech.

No way the Saints would let Bowe past them, especially not for the 5th best CB and Bowe played for LSU not Tech. :D

Moss is too lean to be a 3-4 DE. I dont see that happening at all.

OLB, with the possibility of moving to DE if Tomlin does eventually go to a 4-3. I think he is a perfect fit.

he would undoubtedly stand up as an OLB in pitt, would he not? he actually fits that role pretty well, from what i've heard -- probably fits it better than he does a 4-3 DE.

Agreed. With Porter leaving and Harrison's inability to show that he can stay healthy, I think Moss would fit in great as an OLB.

Yeah trading up that high is too costly. According to the chart that would take a 2nd and 3rd round pick at the very least.

I don't know if there has been a more difficult draft to mock for years. Woth so many teams possibly looking to trade down, the top ten could change a lot with just one deal. I think Buffalo would be carzy to not trade up for Peterson... but that isn't Marv's style. I any case, I'd be thrilled with Houston to the Jets at 25.

I'd love Buffalo to move up for Peterson, but that's pretty unlikely.

I think they'll stand pat at 12 and look for a RB in the 2nd.

If AP falls that far, it would almost be crazy NOT to trade up for him -- he probably wouldn't make it past Atlanta and definitely not past Houston.

I don't think they'd trade up to #3 or #4, but moving up only 5 spots makes a lot of sense.