[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The times of your life

Thews40

Rate the time period  

79 members have voted

1. 1. 13-19

• Awesome - mostly great
    • Good most of the time
    • Not so good at times
    • A bad time in my life
  2. 2. 20-29

• Awesome - mostly great
    • Good most of the time
    • Not so good at times
    • A bad time in my life
    • Not 20 yet
  3. 3. 30-39

• Awesome - mostly great
    • Good most of the time
    • Not so good at times
    • A bad time in my life
    • Not 30 yet
  4. 4. 40-49

• Awesome - mostly great
    • Good most of the time
    • Not so good at times
    • A bad time in my life
    • Not 40 yet
  5. 5. 50-59

• Awesome - mostly great
    • Good most of the time
    • Not so good at times
    • A bad time in my life
    • Not 50 yet
  6. 6. 60+

• Awesome - mostly great
    • Good most of the time
    • Not so good at times
    • A bad time in my life
    • Not 60 yet

Every decade to date has been awesome, I regret nothing... except Mellissa in '93... she was just too hot... I was hung over... she called me from school, she was a senior in hs, I was 19... she came over... she wanted to share my sleeping bag... which was about the only thing I owned... the deed was not done.

Oh, and Thumper in '91, shoulda banged that little slut too.

The rest is gravy. :D

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of ways to F up in life, and the only way out is to admit it... sounds sincere to me.

Thews, he is sincere. He's also been sincere the last 20 times he's had to do it as well. Let's just say he's trying to right a sinking ship and leave it at that.

I have had a great life 0-57! But the 50-59 one, health wise, has been a bit of a rocky roller coaster. I am blessed w/ a fantastic wife, a great kid (28 yo now), a great extended family (cuzs, unks and aunts), close and long term (most 40 years+) friends, and for the last 7+ years.....The Huddle.... for people I never would have met, and now have what I would call great friendships!

I won't deny that throughout my married w/ child life we had some problems, but I would do it all over again in a New York minute. It is what life is all about...the good, the bad, but somehow it all turned out good.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....."If I were to die tomorrow, they would have to delay my burial, as it will take 2 weeks for the mortician to get the smile off my face". :D I truly wish the same for all of you! What a great ride and it's still going!

Peace

rr26

Vaguely sounds like South Padre Island 1993 except I couldn't tell you her name. :D

Shannon was a 5'6" redhead with thick curly hair and beautiful bright green eyes, 34 double D and long legs that said...."Come to butthead"

i think my responses were mostly opposite of the norm. i put "not so good at times" for teen years, then better for 20s, then better still for 30s so far.

Some people were just born to be old men. I call these people "Republicans".

I have had a great life 0-57! But the 50-59 one, health wise, has been a bit of a rocky roller coaster. I am blessed w/ a fantastic wife, a great kid (28 yo now), a great extended family (cuzs, unks and aunts), close and long term (most 40 years+) friends, and for the last 7+ years.....The Huddle.... for people I never would have met, and now have what I would call great friendships!

I won't deny that throughout my married w/ child life we had some problems, but I would do it all over again in a New York minute. It is what life is all about...the good, the bad, but somehow it all turned out good.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....."If I were to die tomorrow, they would have to delay my burial, as it will take 2 weeks for the mortician to get the smile off my face". :tup: I truly wish the same for all of you! What a great ride and it's still going!

Peace

rr26

:D

This is by far the best post on this thread. And I'd just like to say that alhough I've never met any of you personally, this man here is at the top of the list of people in the Huddle I'd like to meet. And for the most part this is a great place to come to leave your present day worries behind, if not for just a few minutes. So :D to all who frequent these boards. May I one day have a chance to meet each and every one of you live in person.

13-19 was pretty awesome time for me. 13-15 was pretty rocky with the parents, but i still look back at many more good times than bad... hs was very fun....least responsibility of the times listed... just dealt with school, friends, sports, and chicks.

20-29 also pretty awesome. college in san diego...lots of volleyball, beach, mexico, school, more chicks..ultimately met the mrs in college. then grad school back up in sf. great seeing friends again..... school, interships, coaching.

30-present dipped just a bit. changed careers..overall happier on a daily basis, but hard taking the pay cut..... living in breck and working in vail was fantastic...... watching our 1 year old has been more rewarding than words can express.....

uh huh, and some people reach their peak when they're 14 years old playing nintendo 12 hours a day.

when i told you i made mike tyson's punch out my biatch .... that was private. :D

I've said it before and I'll say it again....."If I were to die tomorrow, they would have to delay my burial, as it will take 2 weeks for the mortician to get the smile off my face". :D I truly wish the same for all of you! What a great ride and it's still going!

Peace

rr26

made my day, robn :D

A very interesting poll.

Not all happiness and good times while under parental control

20-29 is the first experiences away from home and on your own. You get married and the kids are young. Good times.

30-39 more responsibilities and the parents are getting older now kids actually have the nerve to disagree with you once in awhile.

40-49 Kids are on their way out and parents aren't as young as you remember. Maybe 18 wasn't so bad after all?

50-59 there's bound to be some bumps in the road every now and then. Btw, you don't need to be in this category to see those. (I'm in the 40-49 group)

Case in point. Last week I find out my brother has brain cancer. I find out in the very same phone conversation that my uncle has cancer that is in his lungs and liver. This week I find out my aunt may not make it to the end of the week. Both are on my Mom's side. She's battle tested.

Edited by MikesVikes

Btw, thanks but I can't get Paul Anka's song out of my head now.

Good morning, yesterday

You wake up and time has slipped away

And suddenly it's hard to find

The memories you left behind

Remember, do you remember?

The laughter and the tears

The shadows of misty yesteryears

The good times and the bad you've seen

And all the others in between

Remember, do you remember

The times of your life? (do you remember?)

Reach out for the joy and the sorrow

Put them away in your mind

The mem'ries are time that you borrow

To spend when you get to tomorrow

Here comes the saddest part (comes the saddest part)

The seasons are passing one by one

So gather moments while you may

Collect the dreams you dream today

Remember, will you remember

The times of your life?

Gather moments while you may

Collect the dreams you dream today

Remember, will you remember

The times of your life?

Of your life

Of your life

Do you remember, baby

Do you remember the times of your life?

FADE

Do you remember, baby

Do you remember the times of your life?

I think I answered "good most of the time" for all three that qualified. Life is never perfect, but I have been blessed with wondeful family and friends through the not-so-good times.

I have nothing much to complain about with the exception of a few things in my life...

13-19 awesome time. High school was great and so was college. Partied hard ,played sports , explored the ladies, played in a band..Really great times

20-29 Another great era. I was in a band through my early 20s. The guys in the band were like brothers to me. We had some great times and great stories. Im 35 now. I met my wife when I was 23. So a good portion of my 20s was spent getting to know my wife . We got married when I was 27. I have awesome memories of the dating years/ early years of my marriage. 20-29 is also when I started my career in the garment center which has been a good ride as well. At the end of my 20s my first daughter was born too.

30- present again great years but different experiences. My 2nd daughter was born when I was 32. Our marriage is still great but our focus has shifted from us to raising the girls which is the most important thing in the world to us. Im happy with my family life and my friends. Every era had their share of troubles no doubt but I look fondly on the 3 eras listed.

Great thread