[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Randy Moss

CaptainHook

He had over 1000 yards and 8 touchdowns with an injured ankle. :D

He was hurt in 2004 in Minn. His started 16 games in 2005 and had 1005 yrds (todays standards, 1k is not what it used to be). Collins threw for 3700 yrds that year and was in the top 10 in all categories, SANTANNA MOSS was a top- 10 WR in all categories. Not Randy.

I knwo we have sucked the last few years, but I never like Moss and am just pointing out that he was a dispointment in Oak from the getgo, before Tom Walsh arrived.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was hurt in 2004 in Minn. His started 16 games in 2005 and had 1005 yrds (todays standards, 1k is not what it used to be). Collins threw for 3700 yrds that year and was in the top 10 in all categories, SANTANNA MOSS was a top- 10 WR in all categories. Not Randy.

I knwo we have sucked the last few years, but I never like Moss and am just pointing out that he was a dispointment in Oak from the getgo, before Tom Walsh arrived.

My bad... it wasn't always his ankle:

Moss Injuries 2005:

Dec 28, 2005 Ribs/Groin

Dec 21, 2005 Ribs/Groin

Dec 14, 2005 Groin/Ribs

Dec 07, 2005 Groin/Ribs

Nov 30, 2005 Groin/Ribs/Pelvis

Nov 23, 2005 Ribs/Groin

Nov 16, 2005 Groin/Ribs

Nov 09, 2005 Groin/Ribs

Nov 02, 2005 Groin/Ribs

Oct 26, 2005 Groin/Ribs

Oct 19, 2005 Ribs/Groin

My bad... it wasn't always his ankle:

Moss Injuries 2005:

Dec 28, 2005 Ribs/Groin

Dec 21, 2005 Ribs/Groin

Dec 14, 2005 Groin/Ribs

Dec 07, 2005 Groin/Ribs

Nov 30, 2005 Groin/Ribs/Pelvis

Nov 23, 2005 Ribs/Groin

Nov 16, 2005 Groin/Ribs

Nov 09, 2005 Groin/Ribs

Nov 02, 2005 Groin/Ribs

Oct 26, 2005 Groin/Ribs

Oct 19, 2005 Ribs/Groin

I don't buy it, read any NE injury report from around the NFL. The guy is lazy, no denying it.

Why in the world is anyone interviewing the ex-bed-and-breakfast owner that was fired before he could finish his first season back in a decade? I think the reporter was looking for exactly what he got and went to the person who would be most likely to give it to him.

I don't buy that Moss' physical skills are severely declined at the age of 30 when he is younger than Owens (33), Harrison (34) and only one year older than Chad Johnson.

Moss was unmotivated in OAK last year to be sure, much like most other OAK players. The reporter should have asked about Porter or anyone else involved in the pathetic passing game last year.

As mentioned before, I would be much more concerned with what will happen when Moss is in an offense that has never focused on any individual receiver before, particularly since there are other viable options besides Moss to throw the ball to this year.

I think Moss opting for NE over GB indicates that he wants to play on a team with a good shot at the playoffs. Had he gone to GB, he could have reprised the Randy Ratio with Favre but instead opted for NE where it's just far less likely that he will get as many passes.

Yet another interesting slant on this season.

What DMD said.

FF wise I'm not going to overpay for Moss like I suspect someone else will - but I want Brady more than ever. Moss COULD be huge, and should at least be a very notable addition.

I don't buy it, read any NE injury report from around the NFL. The guy is lazy, no denying it.

Am I the only Randy Moss owner who remembers Moss being questionable and doubtful for the entire last half of 2005, and was used as a decoy most of the time he was on the field?

I'm not crazy... right? :D

Am I the only Randy Moss owner who remembers Moss being questionable and doubtful for the entire last half of 2005, and was used as a decoy most of the time he was on the field?

I'm not crazy... right? :D

What's one thing have to do with the other? :D

:tup:

Moss was a physical freak - tall, fast and able to out jump most of the DB's covering him. His bread and butter has always been post routes where the QB just throws the ball up and lets him go get it.

Can he still get it done? At times. He has lost a good bit of his big-play speed and doesn't seem to have the explosiveness he had earlier in his career. He has never been a crisp route runner and does not study his opponents. If he gets a step on the DB and the ball is put in the air, its 6 points.... but if he gets jammed at the line or doesn't think the play is coming his way he basically quits at the snap.

Anyone who says/thinks differently has never watched him play.

..I have no doubt that if New England can get him to focus that he'll be again one of the best WRs in the league. This is not a given though. You can change the uniform but you can't make a player give effort and show desire. Its all about what Moss wants and what's important to him.

My guess is that he'll be much better but not the old Randy Moss. And I fully expect the situation to either blow up before year-end or for him to just walk for more money elsewhere next year. New England won't pay him and Moss will want to be shown "respect".

Agreed 100%. But the minute he gives them trouble he'll be disciplined or benched....I hope.

Why in the world is anyone interviewing the ex-bed-and-breakfast owner that was fired before he could finish his first season back in a decade? I think the reporter was looking for exactly what he got and went to the person who would be most likely to give it to him.

I don't buy that Moss' physical skills are severely declined at the age of 30 when he is younger than Owens (33), Harrison (34) and only one year older than Chad Johnson.

Moss was unmotivated in OAK last year to be sure, much like most other OAK players. The reporter should have asked about Porter or anyone else involved in the pathetic passing game last year.

As mentioned before, I would be much more concerned with what will happen when Moss is in an offense that has never focused on any individual receiver before, particularly since there are other viable options besides Moss to throw the ball to this year.

I think Moss opting for NE over GB indicates that he wants to play on a team with a good shot at the playoffs. Had he gone to GB, he could have reprised the Randy Ratio with Favre but instead opted for NE where it's just far less likely that he will get as many passes.

Yet another interesting slant on this season.

Very good points.

Moss was a physical freak - tall, fast and able to out jump most of the DB's covering him. His bread and butter has always been post routes where the QB just throws the ball up and lets him go get it.

Can he still get it done? At times. He has lost a good bit of his big-play speed and doesn't seem to have the explosiveness he had earlier in his career. He has never been a crisp route runner and does not study his opponents. If he gets a step on the DB and the ball is put in the air, its 6 points.... but if he gets jammed at the line or doesn't think the play is coming his way he basically quits at the snap.

Anyone who says/thinks differently has never watched him play.

Well said! I did not like Moss the last couple years at MIN. Maybe Bill can change that. I'm sure NE worked in some type of disclipine clause.

Walsh was fired, along with head coach Art Shell, after Oakland's 2-14 season. Moss was shopped by the new Raiders regime and finally landed in New Endland.

The article said New "Endland". That made me laugh :D

:D EXACTLY! Just bad journalism, and Hook took the bait. :D BOO!!

I have to disagree here. I think Moss is looking to break the bank in 2008, which requires him to have a big statistical 2007 season. Yeah, Brady has spread the ball around, but when has he had a true #1 WR to test that tendency? I don't think you can take Brady's history with journeymen and apply it to how he'll throw to one of the most dominant WRs in league history.

If I were Moss, I would have had exactly the opposite view of my opportunity in New England versus Green Bay. I'd much rather vie with Stallworth and Welker for catches than Driver and Jennings.

But have you ever heard, or gotten the feeling, that Randy Moss devotes one-EIGHTH what they do to offseason (or even in-season) conditioning, film study, extra work with QBs, etc? I never have.

Jerry Rice was productive up to about 40 because he was an offseason demon, and worked to be a COMPLETE receiver - when his speed and quicks started to go, he still ran top-notch routes and was where his QB expected him to be. I don't see Moss putting in that sort of effort - hence, his skills will decline sooner, and he'll be less able to compensate when they do.

Had he gone to GB, he could have reprised the Randy Ratio with Favre but instead opted for NE where it's just far less likely that he will get as many passes.

I think Moss would have had to establish himself as a clear #1 over Donald Driver - Driver has been Favre's go-to guy for 2-3 years now - you see Favre fire stuff to him when he is double- and triple-covered.

c'mon now, you tell me what member of that oakland coaching staff, or organization for that matter has one shred of credibility?

He's among, if not the the most physically gifted receiver that has played in the NFL. He's never played for a coach that had a clue or with a really great QB. He was obviously unmotivated by the situation in Oakland.

Tom Walsh is just talking sour grapes IMO, until I see otherwise in New England.

Moss hasn't been productive in 4 years - his days are done.

:doh: EXACTLY! Just bad journalism, and Hook took the bait. :D BOO!!

:D I just agree with what he said . . . I've been saying the same about Moss for a few years now.

But have you ever heard, or gotten the feeling, that Randy Moss devotes one-EIGHTH what they do to offseason (or even in-season) conditioning, film study, extra work with QBs, etc? I never have.

Jerry Rice was productive up to about 40 because he was an offseason demon, and worked to be a COMPLETE receiver - when his speed and quicks started to go, he still ran top-notch routes and was where his QB expected him to be. I don't see Moss putting in that sort of effort - hence, his skills will decline sooner, and he'll be less able to compensate when they do.

:tup:

Yeah, Brady has spread the ball around, but when has he had a true #1 WR to test that tendency? I don't think you can take Brady's history with journeymen and apply it to how he'll throw to one of the most dominant WRs in league history.

+1

Also factor the running game into this equation. It remains to be seen whether or not Maroney can carry the load. If he has trouble doing so or staying healthy, this team will have to throw the ball. There are plenty of weapons to take some of the heat off Moss in this instance, and he should still be productive, albeit less as brady will probably spread the ball around a bit more.

• 1 year later...

I think Moss would have had to establish himself as a clear #1 over Donald Driver - Driver has been Favre's go-to guy for 2-3 years now - you see Favre fire stuff to him when he is double- and triple-covered.

:wacko: I think the idea of Moss having to compete against Donald Driver for a WR1 spot is the best part of this thread. The same Donald Driver who going into '07 had only three 1200+ yds seasons and 36 TDs in his first 8 seasons to Moss' six 1200+ yd seasons and 98 TDs in his first 8 years.

There were some other doozies about Moss' impending demise from 2007 but that one takes the cake.

Edited by kingfish247

:D I think the idea of Moss having to compete against Donald Driver for a WR1 spot is the best part of this thread. The same Donald Driver who going into '07 had only three 1200+ yds seasons and 36 TDs in his first 8 seasons to Moss' six 1200+ yd seasons and 98 TDs in his first 8 years.

There were some other doozies about Moss' impending demise from 2007 but that one takes the cake.

Yet I'm the tool. :wacko: