[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Membership due?

i_am_the_swammi

Hey!

I tried to view the EOS reports on the home page, and it directed me to the log-in page. When I enter my info, it says "invalid username" :D

Is there a chance I can't view these because my membership might be due? It's probably close to that time.

If so, wouldn't a gentle email reminder to re-new my subscription been effective and more customer-friendly, rather than a blockage of usage? :D I evaluate customer-service issues for a living, so I am more sensitive to it than others....but really, your best customers are your current customers...to just turn off their service, without any warning or note to tell them how to get it back, is a bummer. Imagine, if your cable or electricity bill was due, rather than send you an invoice, they just shut you down?

Or is this a hint from DMD & co. to get lost? :tup:

Wouldn't something like the following have been more appropriate when I try to access the home-page or via email:

"Hi _______. Your subscription is almost up, and as a valued customer, we appreciate your support of the Huddle for the last 6 years. It is customers like you who have made the Huddle the #1 FF site in the country. We really appreciate your patronage. If you wish to continue your subscription, please click the link below, and you will be taken to our membership page."

Just my Monday AM vent...now back to work.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

How will renewals work?

Each year all Huddle memberships expire on May 31st and they do not auto-renew. Starting on June 1st you can renew your membership through the site by clicking here.

From the home page. Don't click here but click there.

Edited by MikesVikes

I re-uped and no problems. Are you logged in on the Home page? There are 2 logins or at least it appears so, and my user name is different for both.

Just went to the "Join The Huddle" link on the menu-bar, followed the link for "returning members", and re-upped for the coming season.

I now again have access to everything, so it was indeed a matter of not having my membership re-newed.

Still think I should have been sent an email or something to let me know, just so I wouldn't be typing my username/password over and over, trying to figure out what was wrong. :D

Sorry, but reading this thread made me laugh. :D

It is only June 4th and we have not sent out the email yet since the 1st was on a Friday anyway. We start over on the new season on June 1st of every year. We'll be sending the email out soon. :D

It is only June 4th and we have not sent out the email yet since the 1st was on a Friday anyway. We start over on the new season on June 1st of every year. We'll be sending the email out soon. :D

Remember you promised all of us Taurus that we would get free memberships. :beatschest” Bulls for live, yo!

Just so you know... I emailed huddlebill when I couldn't access the page and got an email right back that the membership had expired on a Sun.! I tried to renew on line, but my cc had changed so called the 800 number today, got friendly huddlebill on the phone right away with barely a hold and got squared away.

Just thought I'd pass on what good service I received.

Just so you know... I emailed huddlebill when I couldn't access the page and got an email right back that the membership had expired on a Sun.! I tried to renew on line, but my cc had changed so called the 800 number today, got friendly huddlebill on the phone right away with barely a hold and got squared away.

Just thought I'd pass on what good service I received.

Hope I get the same. I've changed email and CC since last year. When I emailed huddlebill about it, they emailed me right back - I've just been too lazy to call them yet.

2 ways to look at it... last year they started sending the solicitation emails around June 8th, but I don't think they had any real content yet... this year they have extensive content early than usual, in fact, they have been so busy creating content they forgot to send you a stupid email.

It's not a big deal.

However, not all of you are getting their huddle membership for 2007 paid for by policyvote like me... :D Hey policy, it's time. :D

Nah, its not a big deal really. Just giving feedback to the boys...

As a business owner, negative feedback is often better than positive feedback. Negative feedback allows you to address issues that could improve your overall guest satisfaction by eliminating a problem. Especially issues of public perception, which often times go unreported. When people have a problem with a product, they take it back and exchange it. When someone has an issue with you service, they are natually less likely to complain...no one wants to to deal with the human confrontation, right?

If service was bad at a store (or hotel, or restaurant), guess how many people actually ask to speak to the manager and complain? 1 in 10? try 1 in 33. Amazing that people often just let a bad consumer-experience go unreported. As a business owner, its important to hear this feedback...of the 32 that said nothing in the above example, about 17-18 (55%) won't come back. And you'll never know why.

Online businesses have very little "human" connection with their customers. These message boards are about as close as they come. If my provider of online content (whether its FF info, ira provider, insuance company, anything) can appear more customer-friendly, even in the form of a "hey dude...just wanted to be pro-active and remind you its time to pony up your annual $22", it positively affects my overall satisfaction with the product.

IMO, you shouldn't suddenly be denied access to site content you usually can see, then have to wonder why your username and/or password is invalid, then realize your memebership might be up, then have to hunt for the right spot to re-subscirbe. Since all 2006 memberships expired May 31, a renewal email (with a link directly to your personal renewal page) should have been sent inmid-May. Maybe even with a short note thanking them for their business. Its really the only time all year the staff can thank their customers for their patronage, other than in the final write-ups of the FF season. The customer service team failed in its planning here...but no big deal.

I evaluate service levels as part of what I do for a living, so I am 100% sure I might be a bit sensistive to it. My wife deals with me daily. Poor thing. :D

Just called in, as my CC has changed.

From dialing to hang up it was like 2 minutes.

(Hmm, that sounds vaguely like something my wife accused me of the other day :D )