[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That funny little country of..............Vermont?

Skilly

Disillusioned by what they call an empire about to fall, a small cadre of writers and academics hopes to put the question before citizens in March.

How typical. :D

I suppose that Oregon will be next, given that they have plenty of writers and academics who hate Capitalism and think that they're smarter than everybody else.

welp, 49 just won't do, we gotta have a nice round number. so who we gonna conquer and make the new 50th state?

candidates:

cuba

newfoundland

baja california

kamchatka

iceland

?

We already got Puerto Rico. If VT goes I could see PR getting the nod.

Disillusioned by what they call an empire about to fall, a small cadre of writers and academics hopes to put the question before citizens in March.

No fear. There's a larger cadre of us independent thinkers up here who will put an end to such silliness when it's time -- for now, we just let them blather ... :D

No fear. There's a larger cadre of us independent thinkers up here who will put an end to such silliness when it's time :D

Exactly. Perhaps TimC can give Vermont the 411 on the typical end-game strategy for those who try to succeed from the Nation. :D

Edited by yo mama

lets just give them a taste and cut all federal funding for a year.......

In total, the bill represents nearly $1 billion dollars in federal funding for Vermont’s projects over the next 5 years. On average Vermont will receive approximately $50 million more per year in federal dollars than received in past years.
http://www.vermont.gov/tools/whatsnew2/ind...=1432&v=Article

just a little of what they get from the rest of us.

Exactly. Perhaps TimC can give Vermont the 411 on the typical end-game strategy for those who try to succeed from the Nation. :D

I really hate going North of Washington DC...but if I must burn down that state, oppress their states rights, kill hundreds (what's Vermont's population...like 240?) and then make up an excuse it was to free the slaves, I will. I swear I will. Afterwards, you people will think I'm the greatest person in history. :nutso:

Edit: I will also dress my army in xtra small Robert E. Lee "The South Will Rise Again" t-shirts. Torches for everyone.

Edited by TimC

I really hate going North of Washington DC...but if I must burn down that state, oppress their states rights, kill hundreds (what's Vermont's population...like 240?) and then make up an excuse it was to free the slaves, I will. I swear I will. Afterwards, you people will think I'm the greatest person in history. :nutso:

Edit: I will also dress my army in xtra small Robert E. Lee "The South Will Rise Again" t-shirts. Torches for everyone.

Just call first so I can be logged onto the Huddle during the attack. :D

You do realize that if you travel north of Newark, your Marlboro Lights will magically morph into Parliment Lights... right?

Think about that before you head out on the crusade.

What, that "thumb" thingy?

How about we annex that thumb and turn it into giant isolated prison --Escape from New York style.

:D

I grew up in what we called the "armpit of the thumb," 30 minutes south of the Bay. :D