[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Benadryl

alexgaddis

my allergies we bothering me on Saturday so the wife offered me some Benadryl...I rarely take any medications for anything but decided to give it a go...

bad idea...

I have never felt so groggy/tired/drowsy for a good part of a day like that before...it was like being really drunk without any good side effects...never again...

my allergies we bothering me on Saturday so the wife offered me some Benadryl...I rarely take any medications for anything but decided to give it a go...

bad idea...

I have never felt so groggy/tired/drowsy for a good part of a day like that before...it was like being really drunk without any good side effects...never again...

drink about 7 red bulls... that should help

I have severe summer allergies.

I take a 12 hour Claritin D in the morning (or regular Claritin and Sudafed which is what the D stands for - often I can get the combination cheaper).

Then a Benedryl before bed, as it knocks me out as well.

i have used benadryl when i can not sleep..i beleive the medicine in benadryl is the same one they use for over the counter sleep aids

This is true.

I've never been the sort to get spring allergies but this spring has been brutal. I haven't had a lot of watery eyes and sneezing, but man, oh man, the headaches. Sinusy sort. Headache type medicines wouldn't touch it, so I thought I'd try something for allergies. I've been taking Alavert which has really been helping. Same thing as regular Claritin I think. :D

I can't take any decongestants. I'm allergic.

I have terrible allergies. Especially to liberals. I have tried all meds. The only thing that works consistently is Flonase. It is unreal. Give it a shot. They now have a generic Flonase. Cost me 15 a month with my plan.

I have (used to have) bad allergies. I was still getting shots once a month. Last winter I developed an ear infection due to a post nasal drip/sinus infection thing. My doctor prescribed Flonase. The infection cleared up and so did my allergies. I've been shot free ever since. Even this spring with everything colored yellow from the pollen I haven't had a single problem.

Benadryl is what I suggest to pregnant women as a last-resort sleep aide.

I also want to echo what others have said about the effectiveness of Flonase and Claritin. They both really work!! :D

popped a couple Benadryl last night.........wife wakes me up with the...... "there's someone in the backyard....in the rocks .........by the window" ........first time i haven't gone commando and just said "it's a rabbit".........great nights sleep and we're both still alive........ definently not for daytime consumtion....:D

I have been taking Claritin the last couple of years for my allergies, and it works pretty good. This year I bought Claritin D, but have yet to take any of those. The difference between the two is Claritin D is a decongestant, as well as taking care of other allergy symptoms. Both are daytime formula. I have also used Alavert in the past during the day, and that seemed to be alright too.

If for some reason I didn't take any allergy medicine during the day and mine were acting up in the evening I would take Benadryl just so I would be able to breathe at night and get some sleep.

Worst case scenario would be to take any of those non-daytime formula medicines during the day, because they will darn near put you out.