[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which FF Site is the best?

cpeltz

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who like Sportsline how does your draft go? Every year Sportline chokes and kicks us out. We have to login several times. It is frustrating. I tried to get our comish to move and he tried AOL in 2005. That was a disaster. Anyone have problems with the draft on MFL?

Edited by blips

For those of you who like Sportsline how does your draft go? Every year Sportline chokes and kicks us out. We have to login several times. It is frustrating. I tried to get our comish to move and he tried AOL in 2005. That was a disaster. Anyone have problems with the draft on MFL?

Been with MFL for years and years. The only time there is a problem with the draft on MFL is when there is a "user" error. And that error can be easily, and quickly, corrected by an on the ball Commissioner.

At one time had a total of 6 different leagues running at once on MFL... no problems with any of them.

Prior to moving to MFL my long time league was at CBS. Every time your turned around there was a problem. And if one pays attention to this MB during the season....year after year there are problems with CBS mentioned every Sunday. 'Bout the only thing you see concerning MFL is that sometimes it gets bogged down since it has so many leagues being hosted there. However, every year it has been less bogged down than the previous. They also have the best customer service in the business....hands down...bar none.

MPO.....one would be wasting money going to any other league management site than MFL. A 99.9999% stress free site.

how pricey is it? i am trying to throw together an informal Keeper league so a bunch of scattered friends can stay in touch and talk smack...

thanks!

Check their home page to confirm, but I think early bird is 59.95, then it is 69.95. I do believe the early bird period has passed, but in years past they have had a deal set up with huddle members where they get the early bird proce for a nextended period of time, but I have not see nthat posted this year. It is a spectacular value for the price, especially compared to the price/service of the competing sites

Yeah, but these days with PPR, fractional scoring and who knows what else, you may need to borrow polksalet's new slide rule to handle most of the calculations.

:D

I know how to use a slide rule. Half the people here probably don't even know what one is...

:D

I have always found that pen, paper, and USA Today as the way to go for those that care about quality. And everyone knows that these Internet sites aren't really here to stay. Just a fad. I would go with the proved method.

this is the most old school comment I have ever heard.....more power to ya sky! :D

how pricey is it? i am trying to throw together an informal Keeper league so a bunch of scattered friends can stay in touch and talk smack...

thanks!

MFL is great. But I will also throw in a plug for the free version of Yahoo. It is polished and allows you to give everything back as prize money.

We have used it for years for a friendly keeper league similar to the one you are trying to find a home for. As long as your scoring is fairly standard and you can handle a little setup for the online draft, it works well, looks nice, has great reports and player info, etc.

Yahoo does not support keepers out of the box. So to be safe, every team *must* place the keepers from all the other teams in their exclude list. Assuming that is done properly you should be good to go. Either draft the keepers in the first # of rounds or make sure each owner drafts them in the round they are being kept in.

One additional comment. If live scoring on Sunday is important to members in your league, the MFL is probably a better choice for you. The Yahoo league is free, the live game day scoring is not. By the time every member in the league pays for that, you have probably paid for MFL which includes its own live scorer. And the "Pro" version of Yahoo, while it does include the live scorer, is much more expensive than MFL and not as flexible.

I have always found that pen, paper, and USA Today as the way to go for those that care about quality. And everyone knows that these Internet sites aren't really here to stay. Just a fad. I would go with the proved method.

The only negative is having you roster to the bartender by midnight Saturday.

MFL and Fanball are the only ones I'd consider. And from what I've experienced, MFL is more customizable and has less live scoring issues than Fanball.

Agree, I like the "look" of Fanball better but it doesn't have some of the customized scoring that MFL has.

CBS is the best cite without a doubt. I can't imagine fantasy football without it. ESPN and Yahoo do not even compare. Even though CBS is kinda pricy the money is well worth it.

Until you've tried MFL, don't argue. CBS, Statsworld (was a fave of mine until Huddlers opened my eyes) and the rest are crap! Try MFL. If you have a problem there are 100's of us to help. MFL! Case closed!

If anybody is with sportsline and enjoys paying for it, then go ahead and keep with it. Most people here that have mentioned MFL as an option have been playing FF for many years. This includes the time when sportsline was first offered as a free service. Therefore many here have had experience with sportsline in several leagues.

MFL is by far my preferred choice and I've experienced several other commissioner services including Fanball and sportsline and whatever crap my local league used before I starting commishing it.

Sandbox was great back when it was free. Then it went commercial and now it looks like its been bought out by USAToday.

Another site I used in the past that seemed pretty cool was Xpertleagues.com. Don't know whats become of it lately as I've only been on MFL like most people on here.

CBS is the best cite without a doubt. I can't imagine fantasy football without it. ESPN and Yahoo do not even compare. Even though CBS is kinda pricy the money is well worth it.

Their are fantasy insight and predictions are second to none as well. No offense Dorey.

Do you use CBS for the draft? Do you ever have problems? How many days before the season do you draft?

You kids and yer fancy newspaper scoring. I have the janitor cleaning up after the game call me and give me his best guess on how many yards LT ran uphill...twice...both ways.

No offense to anyone at MFL... but how can you rate / judge a site that you no longer use? If you've been at MFL for sooo long you can't really say much about CBS' service. Although, everyone seems to knock 'em for some reason...

I've used CBS for quite sometime now and yeah, there have been a few issues over the years, but, they've been handled quickly and accurately everytime. Their Customer Service isn't THAT bad that it's a deal breaker. They seem to handle any problem within 24 hours or so... and they're offering 2006 Leagues half-price in 2007, eventhough we personally had ZERO problems. We're paying $60 for 2007.

As for the price >>> $10 per team (12 team league) isn't that much to pay for the CBS site. That covers everything they offer which includes Live Scoring, League Message Boards, User Managed Home Pages, Info from around the League, Very Flexible Scoring System, Gameday Weather Reports, Gameday Inactives, League History / Record Book, Easy Access to ALL Stats, Simple Free Agent / Trades Interface, League Polls, IDP, etc... and yeah, their crappy rankings.

EVERY site has its share of problems. Some may handle those problems easier and quicker than others. Some sites might cost more or less than others. It basically comes down to what YOU are most comfortable with and what YOU can afford.

We've selected CBS and it works for us... props to those at MFL as well.

And no, I've never used CBS Online Draft System. We do the Draft Board at a local bar thing and enter the rosters manually...