[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Transformers!

seminoles

Ok... just saw Transformers tonight and I feel like I am missing something from all you other posters.

This movie didn't suck anywhere near as bad as Peal Harbor, but to call this a "great movie" would be a huge overstatement. I grew up with the Transformers and went in ready to suspend my disbelief while expecting a fun, action packed flick. The first hour showed a ton of promise and then the thing fell almost completely apart IMO. The action was extremely hard to follow once the Autobots (besides Bumblebee) came to earth and I had a hard time distinguishing the Autobots from the Decepticons when in robot form. Megatron was barely in the movie. Story was non-existent which I came in half expecting, but it wasn't enough to keep me involved through the fighting. Michael Bay once again proves to me that he knows how to make a fun set up for a film, but has no choice but to resort loud, dumb action that gets old after a while.

Transformers wasn't a total waste, but I don't feel that it really is as great (or even good) as everyone is saying here even for a loud, dumb action movie.

Saw it last weekend… meh. Never really understood what the transformer’s motivation was to save the humans, but the special effects were pretty good and it was hughmorous at times. For the most part a General Motors commercial to hype the new Camaro. If I had kids under 12 I’d take them to see it, but certainly one that can wait for DVD.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw it last weekend… meh. Never really understood what the transformer’s motivation was to save the humans, but the special effects were pretty good and it was hughmorous at times. For the most part a General Motors commercial to hype the new Camaro. If I had kids under 12 I’d take them to see it, but certainly one that can wait for DVD.

Dude, peace is the right of all sentinel beings! Duh...

• 9 months later...

O.k. As usual in the movie world, I'm way late to the part, as it just came out on cable. The Transformers were big for my generation growing up, but, I just never got into it that much, so, I knew very little about them. This is a tough movie for me to review. There were parts where I was laughing, some of the giggles were due to the jokes in the movie, and some were laughs at the silliness of the plot. That said, all in all, I still found it enjoyable, but, I didn't like it as much as most seem to. After seeing this movie, I'm in love with Megan Fox and think her win over Scarlett in the tournament was a good choice. However, I'll probably change my mind the next time I see Scarlett in a movie. I'm surprised no one else mentioned how hot the other chick was in this movie (the blonde) Decent movie......

O.k. As usual in the movie world, I'm way late to the part, as it just came out on cable. The Transformers were big for my generation growing up, but, I just never got into it that much, so, I knew very little about them. This is a tough movie for me to review. There were parts where I was laughing, some of the giggles were due to the jokes in the movie, and some were laughs at the silliness of the plot. That said, all in all, I still found it enjoyable, but, I didn't like it as much as most seem to. After seeing this movie, I'm in love with Megan Fox and think her win over Scarlett in the tournament was a good choice. However, I'll probably change my mind the next time I see Scarlett in a movie. I'm surprised no one else mentioned how hot the other chick was in this movie (the blonde) Decent movie......

Megan fox is covered in tats now...not for me. She was SLAMMING in the movie though. What a beautiful girl.

As far as the movie goes, I watched it twice. Really liked it the first time, was ehhh on the second. Wierd because usually I can re-watch many movies.

Megan fox is covered in tats now...not for me. She was SLAMMING in the movie though. What a beautiful girl.

As far as the movie goes, I watched it twice. Really liked it the first time, was ehhh on the second. Wierd because usually I can re-watch many movies.

Megan Fox is filming a movie where she's topless...only covered by little pasties. The pictures made my pants go crazy. I was emailed the pics so I don't know where to find them. I'm sure Google knows.

Megan Fox is filming a movie where she's topless...only covered by little pasties. The pictures made my pants go crazy. I was emailed the pics so I don't know where to find them. I'm sure Google knows.

I'd hit it and brag about it dont get me wrong. And let my Pit hit it 2

http://web.wireimage.com/images/tnm/15030044.jpg

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...LF_enUS215US215

They arent big big but no me gusta

Edited by MrTed46

I'd hit it and brag about it dont get me wrong. And let my Pit hit it 2

http://web.wireimage.com/images/tnm/15030044.jpg

They arent big big but no me gusta

I wouldn't exactly call that "covered in tats".

it wasn't a good movie, but the action scenes will look great for me in High Def...

it wasn't a good movie, but the action scenes will look great for me in High Def...

I watched in HD on my 50" Panasonic Plasma, and it did look and sound awesome :wacko:

I watched in HD on my 50" Panasonic Plasma, and it did look and sound awesome :wacko:

yeah, the sound is supposed to be spectacular...

I have the movie saved on my PS3 in HD....but the Blu-ray version will blow the copy I have out of the water...

+1

I thought it was pretty corny in general....really everything outside of the Transformers and the action scenes. At any event, I showed my 3 yr old son some old Transformer cartoons on Youtube recently and he's now a hugh fan. :D His favorite Decepticon is Soundwave...who btw wasn't in the movie. :D From what I've read, they couldn't decide on the best way to portray him, since tape recorders are pretty much obsolete these days. He is supposed to be in any other sequels when they can "do him right". Also, if you've got any 1st Gen Transformer toy action figures, they fetch a pretty penny on Ebay. :wacko:

Edited by Hitman

I wouldn't exactly call that "covered in tats".

Something tells me shes not done.

But your right shes not covered like some other slime on TV. I get mad at her cuz shes so damn beautiful and she goes gets tats. Nothing wrong with tats but I dont like them...she should have consulted with me first. I am sure she will be devastated when she hears my point of view.

help me with this. i don't understand why at the end of the movie, they decide to take the thing the bad bots wants into the center of a densely populated city. they knew all hell was going to break loose, so why bring that to all those innocent people? couldn't they have just taken the thing way out into the desert?

i agree that this was a big build up movie, tons of fun, and then the ending disappoints. exact same thing with iron man. the good news is that the movies are so fun getting there that by the end, you aren't so much upset that the ending sucks.

help me with this. i don't understand why at the end of the movie, they decide to take the thing the bad bots wants into the center of a densely populated city. they knew all hell was going to break loose, so why bring that to all those innocent people? couldn't they have just taken the thing way out into the desert?

i agree that this was a big build up movie, tons of fun, and then the ending disappoints. exact same thing with iron man. the good news is that the movies are so fun getting there that by the end, you aren't so much upset that the ending sucks.

2 words...Michael Bay...

he's not known for well thought out movies....he focuses on action more than anything...which is fine, but he really needs to make things believable and not geared towards 13 yr olds..

I bought the DVD after missing it in the theatres. I only made it about 3/4 of the way through it before turning it off. I don't think I've ever done that. Ended up giving to my neighbors to give to their grandson for Christmas.

The chick being hawt was the only thing this movie had going for it...and I hate tattoos on wimmin so now that's gone. :wacko: