[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Westbrook injury

Atlas

No injury

Bad report

He and Kearse we given the day off yesterday and both practiced today

Injury updates from Moday

Sorry Zooty...your update was from Monday AM....Westbrook sat out Monday PM practice with swelling in his knee. Reported on WIP and KYW yesterday afternoon, as well as the Fox29 Eagelscamp News at 11:30.

Also from Tuesday's Daily News:

Hunt rumbles, Moats fumbles

By LES BOWEN

bowenl@phillynews.com

BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Tony Hunt darted in and out, broke tackles, gained 17 yards, from the 25 to the 8. Then he carried again on the next play, knifing through the left side from the 8 to the 4. Next snap, Hunt again, right up the gut, following solid blocking for a touchdown.

The reaction of the Lehigh crowd of 8,989 was loud and visceral.

The emphasis was on running and hitting yesterday at Eagles training camp, and with Brian Westbrook sitting out the contact drills because of knee swelling, and Correll Buckhalter out altogether with a bruised knee, the bulk of the work fell to Hunt and Ryan Moats, with occasional help from Nate Ilaoa

Westbrook knee swelling

On the plus side, Tony Hunt (my favorite sleeper this year) has looked phenomenal at camp, and may overtake C-Buck as WEsty's back-up much sooner than anyone thought.

I stand abashed, my opinion of CBSSportsline remaining unchanged not withstanding.

Understood.

That's why I came to the Huddle Brethren for confirmation.

But remember, even a blind squirel finds an acorn now and again.

It shouldn't surprise anyone that they left Westbrook out of the hardest contact drills early in camp. Wouldn't you?

If they held him out as a precaution, then OK (which is why McNabb was held out).

The fact they held him out because of swelling on the knee is the concern. He has missed regular-season gametime in the past because of swelling on the knee, and the fact that it has re-occurred just five days into camp, after not participating in ANY contact drills thus far, is a little disconcerting.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

Sorry Zooty...your update was from Monday AM....Westbrook sat out Monday PM practice with swelling in his knee. Reported on WIP and KYW yesterday afternoon, as well as the Fox29 Eagelscamp News at 11:30.

Sucks for you too :D

Sorry, I didn't find that and I had looked a few hours earlier.

Edited by Zooty

If they held him out as a precaution, then OK (which is why McNabb was held out).

The fact they held him out because of swelling on the knee is the concern. He has missed regular-season gametime in the past because of swelling on the knee, and the fact that it has re-occurred just five days into camp, after not participating in ANY contact drills thus far, is a little disconcerting.

In every single NFL practice this time of year there is at least one player sitting out with "knee swelling". Very few of these players will lose any time/production because of it.

In every single NFL practice this time of year there is at least one player sitting out with "knee swelling". Very few of these players will lose any time/production because of it.

what about Domanick Williams last year?...

the only time Westbrook didn't really have an injury is 2005 when the Eagles were already out of the playoffs and they used a sprained ankle and they exaggerated it by saying at first that it was a "sprained ankle"....then "high ankle sprain" and then.."lis franc sprain"...

the media even knew they just wanted to sit him and they got to see what Moats can do and it didn't even matter...because he did nothing the following season...but they made it out to be worse out of fear the fans would say Westbrook quit on the team...

but real football fans understand...

According to the Philadelphia Enquirer, Coach Andy Reid told a team spokesman that Westbrook was given the day off to "rest legs." Offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg, however, described Westbrook's absence as "an injury situation." "I don't think it's anything serious" Mornhinweg said. "I would expect him back pretty quick, I would think, unless something changes here."

(Updated 08/06/2007).

Edited by Polecat

According to the Philadelphia Enquirer, Coach Andy Reid told a team spokesman that Westbrook was given the day off to "rest legs." Offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg, however, described Westbrook's absence as "an injury situation." "I don't think it's anything serious" Mornhinweg said. "I would expect him back pretty quick, I would think, unless something changes here."

(Updated 08/06/2007).

Gotta love it when a guy who has only been practicing a few days needs to "rest his legs"

Wonder what 16 games would do to him

Gotta love it when a guy who has only been practicing a few days needs to "rest his legs"

Wonder what 16 games would do to him

it's training camp and you have 90+ degree weather plus the humidity running around like the grimm reaper all day long...