[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So We Talked Drills...

darin3

Need to go to Home Depot tomorrow and I have a couple of gift cards that are burning a hole in my pocket. I have a solid Makita drill, so don't need one of those... thinking that a saws-all (reciprocating saw) is the logical choice for my next purchase, as we'll be buying a house in the next couple months and this will come in handy.

I've never bought one, so not sure what I should be looking for. Obviously power (amps) is important.

Looking at this one so far...

Thoughts/comments appreciated. :D

"saws all" wt-f?

I can only add that those things are real handy for chopping tree limbs and such if you don't want to bother w/a chain saw for whatever reason. The one you listed is an expensive mo fo though. I got my 16" gas chainsaw for less.

You need a Milwaukee Super SawzAll. Mister white-collar pansy hands above doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

The sawzall is the BEST tool for demolition on large remodeling projects. You can take out walls in a matter of minutes, nails and all. I use mine nearly every day when I am remodeling.

I don't trust store brands as a rule. When you buy tools, pay for quality. Milwaukee, DeWalt, Porter-Cable.

I have a cordless black and decker (I think) which is about 19 V I believe. It's alright for certain situations and if the battery is fully charged but for the most part it's more pain then not. Whatever name brand you decide on I would go with the cord version with some nice voltage.

Beer, that's what I am going to use mine for this week, cutting out some somewhat smaller roots of a bush I just tore out, hopefully it does the trick. Not a huge job so the cordless should be able to handle it. I just need to change the blade and make sure the battery is charged.

You need a Milwaukee Super SawzAll. Mister white-collar pansy hands above doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

The sawzall is the BEST tool for demolition on large remodeling projects. You can take out walls in a matter of minutes, nails and all. I use mine nearly every day when I am remodeling.

I don't trust store brands as a rule. When you buy tools, pay for quality. Milwaukee, DeWalt, Porter-Cable.

Agreed. I have a Milwaukee. Works great.

Awsome tool but like a few have said, don't get a battery powered one. I have also used mine for minor tree trimming and root cutting and alll sorts of remodeling jobs. The way they cut metal is awesome.

Don't get the one you are looking at. If you your going for one of the smaller ones get this one. If you really want to go to town on a project, get this one. If you are on a tighter budget get this one. Under no circumstances would I get a Rigid.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

Suck or not, I got a corded black & decker at lowes for about $80 and it works very well. The handles are adjustable so you can use it in a variety of positions.

Oh, and cantarin3, it's just called a reciprocating saw... 'saws al' will not get you cred in texas.

Rigid = cheap piece of crap

That is all

BTW...mine is a DeWalt cordless

I love DeWalt cordless drills, and for the most part I really like their tools, but nobody makes a good cordless saw. The battery life on a saw is just too short.

I love DeWalt cordless drills, and for the most part I really like their tools, but nobody makes a good cordless saw. The battery life on a saw is just too short.

I'd agree the battery life is kinda short but I have 4 batteries & there are always two on the charger so I never run out of juice.

My folks got me a Ryobi :D cordless reciprocating and circular saws in a kit a few years ago. I tried to use it once for about 5 minutes but it had no power to cut through much of anything. Tried it on two different fully loaded batteries.... It sucks monkey nuts. Anyway, nice you got a corded model I'm sure.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

My folks got me a Ryobi :D cordless reciprocating and circular saws in a kit a few years ago. I tried to use it once for about 5 minutes but it had no power to cut through much of anything. Tried it on two different fully loaded batteries.... It sucks monkey nuts. Anyway, nice you got a corded model I'm sure.

Yeah I had a Ryobi drill for awhile. They are no good.

Yeah I got the corded one.

Have had my Milwaukee for at least 12 years and have cut everything from drywall and studs to lag bolts and unistrut. Still kicks ass and takes names.

+1. This thread kinda makes me want to retire my old Milwaukee, though. Cordless sucks with this tool. Need the power!

Have had my Milwaukee for at least 12 years and have cut everything from drywall and studs to lag bolts and unistrut. Still kicks ass and takes names.

+1. This thread kinda makes me want to retire my old Milwaukee, though. Cordless sucks with this tool. Need the power!

Good to know. The one I bought is the corded model and definitely is not short on power.