[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Madden 08

rajncajn

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first year I'm not getting it. I've had it every year since the original Sega Genesis version. I didn't care for the past two versions on the 360. I didn't play them too much. I think I played the mini-games more than the actual games. My favorite part was always franchise mode, and it felt like it didn't make the jump to the 360.

I"ll probably try it sometime this season. The last two years just bummed me out.

Anybody have it yet? I hear the Saints are the best team to have on it. :D How ridiculous is Reggie Bush on the game? :D

Devin Hester will be the first, and only, madden player with a 100 speed.

That's what you get when you win the Halas Trophy. :wacko:

I will try to rent it in the next few days before buying it. Madden 07 for the PS3 was a giant pile of crap. NCAA 08 for the PS3 was slightly better but still represents a major backwards step in gameplay when compared to the PS2 version. Hopefully, frickin' EA got things figured out for the PS3 on Madden 08.

I haven't been able to pick up a Madden game seriously in years. I've never been satisfied with the secondary AI, running between the tackles, or franchise mode. Every year this and that is "improved" but it feels like the same thing over and over. I've enjoyed the NCAA football games much more. It still shares some gameplay concerns, but the dynasty mode is much better IMO.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

If anyone gets this on the Wii, let me know how it is.

+1

Oh, and for anyone who has the game (any version), I have a question. Is the Fantasy Draft the same as '07 (the order of players taken never changes) or did they change it back to pre-'07 (picks based on team)? I always liked to do the Fantasy Drafts but last year's change pretty much stopped that.

This is the first year I'm not getting it. I've had it every year since the original Sega Genesis version. I didn't care for the past two versions on the 360. I didn't play them too much. I think I played the mini-games more than the actual games. My favorite part was always franchise mode, and it felt like it didn't make the jump to the 360.

I"ll probably try it sometime this season. The last two years just bummed me out.

for what it's worth, it's back to being the "full" version on the 360, after the slimmed-down versions of the past few years. the biggest thing they've added is that star players are identified with icons -- peyton manning is "smart" (denoted by a lightbulb) and accurate, other players are heavy hitters, speedy, etc. so you can exploit "speedy" receivers defended by average cornerbacks, or, if you're on defense, you can make sure to get a lockdown defender on the speedy receiver. it's a nice addition, but i feel like madden has become as complicated as an RPG. too many things to remember and keep track of. i tried to get LT to cast plus-six elusivity.

for what it's worth, it's back to being the "full" version on the 360, after the slimmed-down versions of the past few years. the biggest thing they've added is that star players are identified with icons -- peyton manning is "smart" (denoted by a lightbulb) and accurate, other players are heavy hitters, speedy, etc. so you can exploit "speedy" receivers defended by average cornerbacks, or, if you're on defense, you can make sure to get a lockdown defender on the speedy receiver. it's a nice addition, but i feel like madden has become as complicated as an RPG. too many things to remember and keep track of. i tried to get LT to cast plus-six elusivity.

That sounds like NHL 07 where players are: grinders, danglers, playmakers or snipers. I played a lot of hockey this year. The new stick system made it fun again. You're right that Madden is overly complicated. I'll try it, but it just hasn't been fun for me... and really that's why you play games.

Superstar has this on PS2. Hate it feel like I'm playing magic or some stupid wizard game. I like the new faded menus and the ability to tackle high and low though.

Superstar has this on PS2. Hate it feel like I'm playing magic or some stupid wizard game. I like the new faded menus and the ability to tackle high and low though.

i don't play a lot of madden, so i admit i'm not that good, but i swear i never got higher than an "influence" of 25 on superstar mode on xbox 360 (as a quarterback). plus, for me, it was glitchy -- after some plays, i was supposed to get influence points, and it would skip it. plus, i swear the receiver buttons didn't match the one i was throwing to -- i'd hit X to throw it to one guy, and it would go across the field to someone different. it drove me nuts. you're right, it really feels like i'm getting experience points in an effort to get the golden elbow pad of magnificence.

Devin Hester will be the first, and only, madden player with a 100 speed.

That's what you get when you win the Halas Trophy. :D

You might wanna check that again...

Edit: my bad, Hester is the only 100 rated speed player. I saw an interview with Bush & was mistaken, I beleive he is the only one with 100 agility or something or other.

2nd edit: He's the first with a 100 rating in acceleration.

Edited by rajncajn