[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Casa de darin3

darin3

Let me just say "knock on wood" to preempt this... but for all intents and purposes, it looks like me and the Mrs. will be in a new house very soon.

Gotta take care of the inspection (and mortgage loan, of course), but all is looking good so far.

Take a gander: linkypoo

Those of you that saw my condo in Cali will notice it actually looks rather similar inside. Pergo floors vs. bamboo floors, but can't be picky. Will be carpeting the bedrooms, and the cabinets need staining, but aside from that, it's pretty much good to go. Guest bathroom needs to be re-done at some point.

We're very excited. Hot tub, baby. :D

Edited by darin3

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool darin. Nice place. :D

Don't ya love Midwestern home prices?

Heck yeah. We would have loved to bought a 1920-30's bungalow, but the prices are ridiculous. We'll be in this for a few years and then we'll buy some land way out in the boonies so I can build my dream house. :D

Let me just say "knock on wood" to preempt this... but for all intents and purposes, it looks like me and the Mrs. will be in a new house very soon.

Gotta take care of the inspection (and mortgage loan, of course), but all is looking good so far.

Those of you that saw my condo in Cali will notice it actually looks rather similar inside. Pergo floors vs. bamboo floors, but can't be picky. Will be carpeting the bedrooms, and the cabinets need staining, but aside from that, it's pretty much good to go. Guest bathroom needs to be re-done at some point.

We're very excited. Hot tub, baby. :D

That is cheaper than houses in freaking Laramie, Wyoming. :D

Edited by bushwacked

Pretty cool. A little old for my personal tastes. But if you are in some of the better locations, older is acceptable.

1400 sq feet is fair size, especially if no kids in the house. And compared to most Cali houses.. it's huge.

.17 acre.. all of it in the front yard?

Congrats!

I know the "new house fever." Just bought another house myself.

And you paid a hell of alot less than I did.

Edited by Riffraff

Pretty cool. A little old for my personal tastes. But if you are in some of the better locations, older is acceptable.

1400 sq feet is fair size, especially if no kids in the house. And compared to most Cali houses.. it's huge.

.17 acre.. all of it in the front yard?

Congrats!

I know the "new house fever." Just bought another house myself.

And you paid a hell of alot less than I did.

Everything "new" is out in the 'burbs, and the wife tends to not like the "cookie cutter" subdivisions.

The front yard isn't that big, actually. The listing agent must have used some sort of tricky camera lens... the yards look HUGH in those pics. Backyard is decently-sized.

Thanks all! :D

That is cheaper than houses in freaking Laramie, Wyoming. :D

That's actually fairly high for a ranch style that old. That is $106.84 per square foot. A similar house about 3 1/2 hours to the east would probably run about $65 to $70 per square foot.

That's actually fairly high for a ranch style that old. That is $106.84 per square foot. A similar house about 3 1/2 hours to the east would probably run about $65 to $70 per square foot.

Yeah, there was one place in the area that was $125/sf and a few others hovering just below $100/sf but were not updated at all.

Pretty amazing, we sould a house similar to that last year in Laramie, same age but about 500 less square feet for near the asking price of this one.

Pretty amazing, we sould a house similar to that last year in Laramie, same age but about 500 less square feet for near the asking price of this one.

I don't have a whole lotta room to talk trash here, but why would anyone live in Laramie? Maybe I am wrong, but it doesn't seem all that nice.

I don't have a whole lotta room to talk trash here, but why would anyone live in Laramie? Maybe I am wrong, but it doesn't seem all that nice.

Don't live there anymore, but it's a pretty neat sleepy little college town with national forests to the immediate east and west. If you aren't into stuff like hunting, fishing, mountain biking, rock climbing, it would probably suck. I agree the town itself isn't all that beautiful. Laramie isn't near as white trashy as you would think (i.e....Cheyenee and Casper). I'd much rather live there, then say the Denver area, which has all the flavor and culture of an oat brawn bowel movement and is basically like Dallas save for being up against the Rocky Mountains (which is a pretty big plus).

I miss it nearly every day when it takes nearly 45 minutes round trip to drop off and/or pickup my son at daycare. If me and my wife's immediate family didn't live so far away, I would have been pretty happy staying there. :D

Everything "new" is out in the 'burbs, and the wife tends to not like the "cookie cutter" subdivisions.

The front yard isn't that big, actually. The listing agent must have used some sort of tricky camera lens... the yards look HUGH in those pics. Backyard is decently-sized.

Thanks all! :D

Looks big enuf to require a rideable mower to me, dude. that is the key....

Looks big enuf to require a rideable mower to me, dude. that is the key....

:D Again, trick photography, unfortunately. Will either buy a mower or hire some "help". The riding mower will come in a few years when we live out in the boonies. :D

Awesome!

Next thing you know, your wife will want other people to fill up the other rooms.

But, then again, if that's the case, you will get laid at least once (unless you guys elect to keep it sanitary and provide a 'sample' to the lab).