[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Very strange thing happened today

whomper

What would you have done  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What would you have done ?

• Kept the money
    • Gave it back
    • Puddy

I swear to God every word of this is true..I was in the lobby of a building today killing a few minutes before my next appointment when something very strange happened. I was on my cell talking to my wife sitting on this bench in the lobby and an older gentleman comes up to me and says Are you Chris ? I say Yes and he puts a stack of folded 100 dollar bills in my hand ..Barker style..On my kids its a true story..At that moment of course I knew something was not right so I said to the guy I dont think I am the Chris you are looking for..I gave him his his money back and then I saw him go through the lobby door and ask a few people in the front..Then I saw him meet the correct Chris and the guy handed him 2 big plastic bags and he gave the guy the money..I think taking that money would have been bad jou jou and gave it back quickly and went about my business but I know plenty of people that wouldve grabbed it and tried to walk away..What says you ?

I would have given it back, but that is a charcter flaw i have.

I would have given it back. But then agian, I felt guilty after finding a $20 in a store parking lot yesterday and keeping it. No one was around at the time and I figured even if they were and I asked if they dropped some money of course they would have said yes. :D

Can you guesstimate how much the stack may have been? I am just wondering how much we might be talking about. I don't think that it would change what I would do but just wondering.

Oh and I am sure that I would have done the same exact thing.

Right choice, we once found a purse in a food parking lot, we did look at the wallet and it had $300 (and her drivers license) or more dollars and turned it in to the manager.. We were out of town going to a concert and just KNEW if we kept it bad karma would come our way. 2 seconds of "wow look at the cash" but 18 years of good parental raising by all 4 people made it a no brainer.. Plus we felt good about our choice.

So now we know, WHOMPER is a GOOD PERSON !!!

The wife and I were in a cab in Barcelona Spain a couple weeks ago. She finds a wallet filled with alot of cash in the backseat. She immediately hands it to the cabbie without even thinking about it. I was like, "hey, you could have at least taken the money out of it first". She didnt think it was funny. But she is honest to a fault like that...

And, yes, Whomper, you did the right thing.

Can you guesstimate how much the stack may have been? I am just wondering how much we might be talking about. I don't think that it would change what I would do but just wondering.

Oh and I am sure that I would have done the same exact thing.

Probably about 1000-1500..It was folded in half and wehen I looked at it I could see the first 3 or bills were 100's..

Probably about 1000-1500..It was folded in half and wehen I looked at it I could see the first 3 or bills were 100's..

[secular answer] Your integrity is worth more than that. [/secular answer]

[non-secular answer] Your soul is worth more than that. [/non-secular answer]

Great job :D

You should have asked him for the secret password ...if he said whomper or fektard u would have been safe ...seriously , no doubt you did the right thing ...if you kep the money you might have found your penis on fire in very near future

I do question you being on the phone so early with your wife ...need some down alone time in the morning :D

I'm guessing when he found out you didn't have 2 plastic bags on you, he would have asked for the money back. . .

True..It probably wouldnt have been as easy as saying thanks and walking away. The transaction he made outside was a strange one. The plastic bags were big like you would get at a supermarket. One bag had a big bottle of soda in it. Im sure it wasnt a food order though because of the amount of cash the guy was handing over. Not the typical looking guy that you would expect to make a drug deal though but one never knows. He had a full head of grey hair..I thought initially it was a gambling pay off. The real Chris he was looking for was a latino guy that looked like he was in his 20's

True..It probably wouldnt have been as easy as saying thanks and walking away. The transaction he made outside was a strange one. The plastic bags were big like you would get at a supermarket. One bag had a big bottle of soda in it. Im sure it wasnt a food order though because of the amount of cash the guy was handing over. Not the typical looking guy that you would expect to make a drug deal though but one never knows. He had a full head of grey hair..I thought initially it was a gambling pay off. The real Chris he was looking for was a latino guy that looked like he was in his 20's

plutonuim 238 in a heavy water base. :D