[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steal of the Fantasy Draft

The Stoner

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While he's lighting it up, so are a variety of other QBs, so his relative value isn't that much. While his stats are good, they are on par or worse than :

Palmer, Brady, P. Manning, Anderson (!), Romo, Schaub, Roethlisberger, E. Manning., etc. All of the sudden, when you look at it that way, Delhomme is just keeping up with the others.

Real steal of the draft thus far?

Try Lamont Jordan, who has outperformed: LT, SJax, LJ, Addai, Henry, Brown, Westbrook, Maroney, Benson, Gore....well, just about every concensus Top-10 RB.

Now that's real value, especially since he was drafted as most team's 3rd-4th RB.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

While he's lighting it up, so are a variety of other QBs, so his relative value isn't that much. While his stats are good, they are on par or worse than :

Palmer, Brady, P. Manning, Anderson (!), Romo, Schaub, Roethlisberger, E. Manning., etc. All of the sudden, when you look at it that way, Delhomme is just keeping up with the others.

Real steal of the draft thus far?

Try Lamont Jordan, who has outperformed: LT, SJax, LJ, Addai, Henry, Brown, Westbrook, Maroney, Benson, Gore....well, just about every concensus Top-10 RB.

Now that's real value, especially since he was drafted as most team's 3rd-4th RB.

Try Randy Moss, who was a late 4th early 5th round pick and is a top 5-10 overall player in most formats.

all good choices

Delhomme - what amazes me is teams don't put 8 guys on Smith and take their chances. I got Delhomme late, and he is a steal so far. He's playing better than he really is right now, IMO, but probably went really late in most leagues, undrafted in plenty. (My 2nd, QB, laaaaate!)

Jordan - I think savvy FFL'er didn't let this guy go too late. I can see not taking a chance on him as a #2RB. But being the ONLY option in Oak, he was worth a pick just to see how he did for 4 weeks. At this point, Dominic Rhodes is looking like he's just gonna spell him. I took LJ2 as my 4th RB, but with full intent of him starting for a few weeks (becasue Lynch and Peterson are my #2 and 3, they may need time to get going). So far this has worked really well.

Moss - I hate the dude, but he's got skill. Can't believe he'd slip too late (becasue it's Brady and the Pats, not because of Moss), but he's sure got it going now.

I think a couple others are out there (even though it's still too early)

Matt Shaub, Andre Johnson - very nice chemistry going.

all good choices

Delhomme - what amazes me is teams don't put 8 guys on Smith and take their chances. I got Delhomme late, and he is a steal so far. He's playing better than he really is right now, IMO, but probably went really late in most leagues, undrafted in plenty. (My 2nd, QB, laaaaate!)

Jordan - I think savvy FFL'er didn't let this guy go too late. I can see not taking a chance on him as a #2RB. But being the ONLY option in Oak, he was worth a pick just to see how he did for 4 weeks. At this point, Dominic Rhodes is looking like he's just gonna spell him. I took LJ2 as my 4th RB, but with full intent of him starting for a few weeks (becasue Lynch and Peterson are my #2 and 3, they may need time to get going). So far this has worked really well.

Moss - I hate the dude, but he's got skill. Can't believe he'd slip too late (becasue it's Brady and the Pats, not because of Moss), but he's sure got it going now.

I think a couple others are out there (even though it's still too early)

Matt Shaub, Andre Johnson - very nice chemistry going.

people were trying to say Rhodes had the job won...

I don't see how Rhodes becomes anything more than a change of pace back when he returns...

Because Jordan is putting his numbers up against Ds that are tackling-challenged so far?

he still went over 100 yds against the Broncos...

and he did well vs the Lions...

but I wouldn't have started Jordan this week...he seemed to hit the hole with confidence....

Jordan has to be the steal of drafts this year so far. A lot of people were down on Moss, but he was generally drafted in the 3rd or 4th round. Jordan was slipping to the 6th and even 7th round.

Moss has been a monster thus far, but Jordan has been the bigger surprise IMO. (And of course I don't have either of them.)

Edited by TDFFFreak

A lot of people were down on Moss

Moss has been a monster thus far

I was definitely down on him. I didn't expect NE to go to him so much, given their history. Moss has been absolutely studly so far. Granted he's faced two very suspect pass Ds, but studs should put up massive numbers against weak opponents.

He wasn't talking about other people and their teams... he was talking about HIS DRAFT.... and I would say he got a heck of a steal in HIS DRAFT.

If that means the Broncos run D sucks, I'd agree.

That would be accurate.

The most frustrating part is that most of the time they are in position to make a play, but they can't tackle worth a damn. Hey, I know coaches don't want to get guys hurt in training camp with full contact drills, but if they can't tackle on Sundays when games are for real, what the hell does it matter whether they're healthy or not?

He wasn't talking about other people and their teams... he was talking about HIS DRAFT.... and I would say he got a heck of a steal in HIS DRAFT.

It was a good pick, no doubt....

but even in his draft, the guy that got Jordan (wherever he got him) got better value than he did with Delhomme. Delhomme has performed very well for him...which puts him right there with other Top-10 QBs.

Jordan has performed as the BEST RB thus far...eclipsing LT, SJax, etc. That borders on remarkable.

Unless Jordan was drafted in Rounds 2-3 in his draft, the guy that got Jordan was the steal of his draft.