[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Culpepper a total fluke?

muskee

What's your opinion? Can this guy be consistent? Better or worse than Vince Young fantasy-wise?

Cpep isnt near VY. Cpep threw for 75 yards... You cant tell by last week. He wont score 5TDs every week, but this week outta be a better indication of how he will perform going forward.

Cpep isnt near VY. Cpep threw for 75 yards... You cant tell by last week. He wont score 5TDs every week, but this week outta be a better indication of how he will perform going forward.

JMO, but C-pep's passing stats do not matter very much in this case. He really got what he needed, which was:

1) To lead his team to a win, especially on the road

2) To regain confidence in his ability to be on the feild

3) Revenge against the Dolphins

I would not be surprised to see Culpepper remain the starter and finish out the season. Rushing for 3 scores certainly helkped his cause to show people that his knee is healthy, and unless we hear otherwise we should assume he had not post game problems.

The Raiders would not be doing their team a favor to sit Culpepper.

JMO, but C-pep's passing stats do not matter very much in this case. He really got what he needed, which was:

1) To lead his team to a win, especially on the road

2) To regain confidence in his ability to be on the feild

3) Revenge against the Dolphins

I would not be surprised to see Culpepper remain the starter and finish out the season. Rushing for 3 scores certainly helkped his cause to show people that his knee is healthy, and unless we hear otherwise we should assume he had not post game problems.

The Raiders would not be doing their team a favor to sit Culpepper.

His scoring was a fluke for sure. 3 rushing TDs, and 2 passing? While I can see the passing ones remaining constant, to think he will run for even 1 TD a week is insane. I agree he could very well finish the season as the starting QB, but his TD total will not be like this every week. (Not insinuating you think it will... just saying... :D )

His scoring was a fluke for sure. 3 rushing TDs, and 2 passing? While I can see the passing ones remaining constant, to think he will run for even 1 TD a week is insane. I agree he could very well finish the season as the starting QB, but his TD total will not be like this every week. (Not insinuating you think it will... just saying... :D )

Anyone that expects 5 weekly TDs form a player is smoking something goooooooooood. That was not the point of my post.

The point was that people should not be surprised to see some kind of a return to the Culpepper of old, and in that regard you can not consider his performance a fluke :D

Anyone that expects 5 weekly TDs form a player is smoking something goooooooooood. That was not the point of my post.

The point was that people should not be surprised to see some kind of a return to the Culpepper of old, and in that regard you can not consider his performance a fluke :D

As long as the Raiders can get field position like they did against the Fins, then I would agree he'll potentially be a worthwhile start. I seriously doubt he'll come up against a defense as crappy as the Fins every week though so whether he can pass his way through a drive is still in question.

As long as the Raiders can get field position like they did against the Fins, then I would agree he'll potentially be a worthwhile start. I seriously doubt he'll come up against a defense as crappy as the Fins every week though so whether he can pass his way through a drive is still in question.

Often times the difference between a player succeeding and not is confidence. I think C-pep regained a good bit this weekend, and that makes all the difference to me.

if he threw for 200 yds along with those numbers I would have picked him up....

but he didn't and I won't...

I agree to a point, but remember that the Raiders were up against the worst rushing defense in the league; they didn't need to pass. Being a Raider fan myself, I'm looking forward to his next start to see how he performs. I'll reserve my judgement after that. Personally, I'd like to have Russell sit all year ala the "Palmer plan".

Edited by Qdaddyo

Wasn't it raining really heavy during the game? That would have an impact on the passing yards. Culpepper had something to prove against the team that cut him for Trent Green!!!!

I doubt he wil lhave 5 TD's every week but 2 to 3 is not hard to imagine and he will rush for one every so often.

Wasn't it raining really heavy during the game?

Nah. I was there. It was postponed due to lightning early but was pretty dry the rest of the way. Bought a poncho and never used it.

I think Culpepper could end up with a good season. I think he and Porter have a rapport and both have a chip on thier shoulder. Expect them to hook up pretty regularly, I say.

One game does not make a comeback season but he sure looks healthy now....finally. With a solid running game, two decent WR's and a defense that has taken a step back, C-Pep could definately put up some numbers moving forward.

But, will McCown get his job back? Personally, I don't see why he should. He was a turnover machine that blew potential wins against the Lions and Broncos. And why would the Raiders bring in Russell now? They are in playoff contention and need to get back to winning not experimenting. I think he has 08 written all over him. The funny thing is Russell is almost an exact clone of Culpepper!

One game does not make a comeback season but he sure looks healthy now....finally. With a solid running game, two decent WR's and a defense that has taken a step back, C-Pep could definately put up some numbers moving forward.

But, will McCown get his job back? Personally, I don't see why he should. He was a turnover machine that blew potential wins against the Lions and Broncos. And why would the Raiders bring in Russell now? They are in playoff contention and need to get back to winning not experimenting. I think he has 08 written all over him. The funny thing is Russell is almost an exact clone of Culpepper!

This is a pretty good post IMO.

The funny thing is Russell is almost an exact clone of Culpepper!

Are you being racist? (It's a joke)

They both have a big arm, big body, and they're African American but that's about it. Russell is definitely not the runner Culpep is/was. Russell had 79 rushing yards TOTAL at LSU.

Wasn't it raining really heavy during the game? That would have an impact on the passing yards. Culpepper had something to prove against the team that cut him for Trent Green!!!!

I doubt he wil lhave 5 TD's every week but 2 to 3 is not hard to imagine and he will rush for one every so often.

Kiffen pointed out that due to the rain and RB match ups vs. (the soft) Miami run D was the reason for so little passes. So far our pass protection has been respectable. There is no reason why Culpepper cannot put up some decent numbers (if and when he starts) I have read some posts talking about his small hands. That's a bunch of crap as far as if he could put up good numbers or not. Ya, he may fumble every now and then but what QB doesn't from time to time. The only thing holding me back from recommending C-Pepp is the strange man love thing that Kiffen has going on with McCown. He seems to think once McCown is healthy(which may be soon) he will get the job right back. Also there was mention of Russell starting at some point in time.